The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Am i missing something?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:28 pm 
Regular

There has been a seminar (last Thursday)at a local hotel where over 500 people (mainly brits )thought the subject important enough for them to attend...TITLE DEEDS...It is probably the most important thing going on in most of our lives right now.As i say,am i missing something,why has nobody posted anything about the seminar on PP.They have on other forums.I read posts on here (with all due respect) on"plans for the weekend".."a nite in a taverna in March" "putting a 1Euro in a shopping trolly"..and"who looks like who"but nowt about what is probably a massive potential problem for 95% of us,the results of this seminar.Or are we Brits really are the people who are said to champion apathy..Remember when Chamerlain waved his little piece of paper at the airport after meeting Hitler......Mmm i,m not sure whether to click and post this now,,i feel some flack coming..ha well here goes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:34 pm 
Top of the pops

I would say yes, you are

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7498

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7498

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7510

Retirement - harder work than working - But much more fun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:38 pm 
Forum Admin

Good Question ..
1. Maybe most of our members are not house owners ?
I dont know if thats correct or not ..
2. maybe P.P members are a bit more laid back .
some other forums can be a bit Mmm .. moan ,moan, moan ..
3. It might be that people are just no interested anymore..

These are just my opinions .
lets hear what others think ???

But yes .. its a good point :congrats

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:44 pm 
Major

yes i agree with Neil
1 dont own a property her
2 so laid back heidis says ill fall over
3 bothered not
:!: :| :|

Anything you can do i can to
Caution: I have a smart brain, directly linked to a smart mouth, and I'm not afraid to use either of them!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:01 pm 
Regular

Hi, I was at the meeting, and yes its a massive problem for those concerend, all 1000000 of them. I meet many people, where thier hard earned life savings and home could be at risk. Thats if they are one of the lucky ones whose home actually got built, even though money has been handed over. Or one of those still waiting 2 years later and not brick laid. Or the thousands who have been ripped of for this illegal property tax by the developers, its endless the scams, and the fraud. So whilst it may not be a problem for many on here, give a thought for those that find themselves in such a postion, ( and in most cases, through no fault of thier own )... untrustworthy lawyers, crooked developers and in the last case, the goverment here in Cyprus, allowing the whole thing to continue....( I wonder why that is ).....surely its not because the parliment, is in the main made up of solicitors and the like..... what can you say........ :shock: Richard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:18 pm 
Forum Admin

So .. What do you do ? .
Start a don't buy property in Cyprus campaign ?
then all the Brits who have property here
that are looking to sell , will suffer ..

start a don't buy property in Cyprus without title deeds campaign ?
The same thing ,, all those 100,000`s of brits, who have properties with no deeds
will suffer again..

The government will not help ,, its not in there interest to help ..
Anyway, most of the ministers are already in the pockets of either the developer
or the lawyer , that ripped the brits off, in the first place ...

I think you are right about the Brits bending over and taking it up the proverbial ..
why are they not marching on the British embassy in Nicosia , or the same European high commission office in the same town ..
They can sell out an event in a hotel, so why not arrange a protest rally ..

Aren't they sick of getting fobbed off with (we are looking into it)

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:39 pm 
Top of the pops

Popsinpaphos -- come on keep up --plenty postings -- what you been doing-- oh I know reading posts on other forums :smilielol We are members of the CPAG so we will get the info in an e-mail no doubt. Marj

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:42 pm 
Regular

Trollydolly,i've been to busy to post anything as i have been working on my will.Which reminds me,i said to the wife"will you re marry when i'm dead"....Yes she said why should it bother you when your six foot under.I said really,and will he be living in this house that i have worked and paid for? Why not she said,you wont know anything about it.And i suppose he will use my golf clubs will he....She said no,he's left handed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:49 pm 
Top of the pops

popsinpaphos wrote:
There has been a seminar (last Thursday)at a local hotel where over 500 people (mainly brits )thought the subject important enough for them to attend...TITLE DEEDS...It is probably the most important thing going on in most of our lives right now.As i say,am i missing something,why has nobody posted anything about the seminar on PP.They have on other forums.I read posts on here (with all due respect) on"plans for the weekend".."a nite in a taverna in March" "putting a 1Euro in a shopping trolly"..and"who looks like who"but nowt about what is probably a massive potential problem for 95% of us,the results of this seminar.Or are we Brits really are the people who are said to champion apathy..Remember when Chamerlain waved his little piece of paper at the airport after meeting Hitler......Mmm i,m not sure whether to click and post this now,,i feel some flack coming..ha well here goes.

:gossip I probably should have put this under a different 'Heading' post :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jwc0Qpv ... re=related

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body