The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UTTERLY DISSCUSTED
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:06 am 
Rock Star

I was at a friends house in Peyia yesterday; they are over for a 6 week holiday from the UK.

They own another property on the same complex and rent it out; they currently have tenants in there at the moment on holiday from Dubai.

One of their neighbours on the complex had the audacity to walk into my friends garden uninvited, whilst they where sitting round their pool and complain about the tenants in their rental property. It turned out he was objecting to the tenant because they were Asians.
This idiot wasn’t even living next door to them he was 3 or 4 doors down. The fact of the matter is the tenants were a lovely couple with a small child and were doing no harm at all and I’m ashamed to say the bigot was an expat.

My friend gave him some stern advice and told him to leave his garden immediately. People like him should be strung up by their testicles.

I hope he reads this and feels completely ashamed of himself, disgusting little man.

Sorry rant over have a nice day everyone.

Post subject: Re: UTTERLY DISSCUSTED
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:58 am 
Just remember Spencer, everybody is entitled to the own thoughts & opinions, we may not like it ourselves but it something we have to put up with now & then :roll:
As for this man, maybe he should have kept his own thoughts & opinions to himself unless he thought your neighbour might be of the same mind too, tho I don't see how if your neighbour knew they were Asian when he rented the property to them, some strange folk around :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:53 pm 
Top of the pops

What a dinosaur.
His name wasn't Alf Garnett was it ?
Gary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:19 am 
Web-Site Admin

Spencer wrote:
People like him should be strung up by their testicles.

I hope he reads this and feels completely ashamed of himself, disgusting little man.

Personally I'm all for confronting ignorance wherever it's encountered - a lot of older people in particular still have attitudes ingrained in them that they can regurgitate without a full understanding of the implications, and I think discourse and education (rather than violence!) is the way forward.

Pete wrote:
As for this man, maybe he should have kept his own thoughts & opinions to himself unless he thought your neighbour might be of the same mind too

Not sure I'm reading this right - are you suggesting blatant racism is OK as long as you keep it between like-minded folk??

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:25 am 
Top of the pops

Spence - it is spelt "Disgusted" :roll:

chris :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:35 am 
Rock Star

Judge wrote:
Spence - it is spelt "Disgusted" :roll:

chris :wink:

Hi Chis

oops sorry. I never even noticed that, come to think of it, you were the only one who did :lol:

Hope the passport comes through soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:13 am 
Top of the pops

No matter what colour you are green or pink, or purple we are all humans and should look after each other, but if you step out of line, then we should come down on people like a ton of bricks.

I know certain people here in the uk do take the Mickey out of our system and the British government let's them get away with it. I think this is why so many people turn against these people, and hate start to set in. But remember they are not all like these people, some are very kind, and work very hard, and pay into the system.

Just my thoughts

p.s did that make any sense :smilielol

Post subject: Re: UTTERLY DISGUSTED
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:23 am 
Top of the pops

Spencer wrote:
come to think of it, you were the only one who did :lol:
I am sure that many of us noticed, but felt it impolite to comment on other peoples efforts at spelling in an informal forum - we are none of us perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:44 am 
Top of the pops

Fortunately, Spence and I know each other, and I knew he would take in the spirit it was intended i.e. as an aid with added humour on an informal basis, rather than a Cyprusliving style put down - so I felt totally comfortable correcting him.................and when I need lessons on being polite I'll be sure to come looking on CL for details !!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:56 am 
Top of the pops

My only concern is that anyone should invade your privacy without your consent and maybe present their views in a manner unacceptable to you.

Irrespective of his views (you can form your own opinion), a level of common decency and consideration for those present is a good idea.

It is important that people can discuss their views, and it is up to the recipient whether he wishes to listen to them or react to them, or how to react to them. The UK is slowly becoming a country where views and free speech is being sanitised and agenda driven, so it is more important than ever that people talk about all issues and not just thise which seem very nice..

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:42 pm 
Regular

Panayamou! Fancy that, moving to another country and then having the ignorance and cheek to complain when you see someone of different origin from yourself! he should have stayed wherever it was he came from although maybe he ate that much on his hols that the rock is too small! :lol:

I hope he falls asleep in the sun and burns his head :lol:

Emma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:29 pm 
Top of the pops

Emma, I agree broadly with the first part of your post, however in the interests of fairness, you should now give him the opportunity to wish nasty things to happen to you!!

I wonder if he is a PP.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:12 pm 
Captain Fantastic wrote:
Pete wrote:
As for this man, maybe he should have kept his own thoughts & opinions to himself unless he thought your neighbour might be of the same mind too

Not sure I'm reading this right - are you suggesting blatant racism is OK as long as you keep it between like-minded folk??

No I'm not suggesting that, what I was trying to say is, the bigot who complained may have thought that the neighbour maybe a bigot like himself & get a response by bring the problem up, as I know that sometimes when people are confronted, they clam up & agree to anything, which is probably what the bigot wanted.. he obviously didn't realise the neighbour knew they were Asians & didn't mind renting his property to them... me, I would have just told him to wind his neck in & go away very politely :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 pm 
Regular

Tanny,
He could wish bad things on me all he wants, but one thing he cannot make me is an ignorant bigot so whatever happens i will never be as bad as him!!

Emma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:40 am 
Top of the pops

Dignity is very much a personal issue, and the importance of it from one person to another varies. If its high on your agenda, and you retain it, then you have taken your own high ground, Bravo.

Hey this is heavy for a Thursday morning..

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:41 pm 
Regular

Tanny,
i agree here here :)

Emma

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body