Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal Research
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:47 am 
Top of the pops

What are your views?
Would you (or a family member) use a lifesaving product/procedure which was tested or developed on live animals?
What alternatives would you suggest?
What products would you suggest important enough to be allowed to be tested on live animals?
Is there a balance between caring for the human race, and trying to buck the instinct of mother nature to select naturally?

Live your dreams.

Post subject: Re: Animal Research
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:58 am 
Top of the pops

Although I love animals when it comes to human lives I believe that they come first and although I would not condone just anything tested on animals if it could save a person's life I am afraid that I would agree with that as you never know it could be myself who needed the drug - hope that doesn't sound selfish.

I do not believe in testing cosmetics, creams etc on animals though.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:50 pm 
Major

Tanny I see you had a great holiday. Any way I believe no testing should be done on any animal .how would we feel if some came up and put chemicals in our kids eyes to see if they are safe. their has got to be a better way of testing things in this day and age. animals have as much right to life as we do.Why do us humans think we are above animals when they were here first and will be when humans are all gone.

john

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:06 am 
Major

Would you stop your wife/girlfriend/daughter from taking a drug that would prevent them from getting cervical cancer or another one that shrinks the tumours in breast cancer?

Be kind, for almost everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:59 am 
Top of the pops

I am with trish on this one .Its not right hate to think about it , if there was other ways :!: but when its human life , sorry i would not think twice.I am againt it for testing makeup ect that is not on :!:
Tricia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:36 am 
Top of the pops

For me its the reasonable treatment of humans which is the main objective. I say reasonable as there must be strict perameters as to the purpose of the testing, so makeup, and beauty treatments directly with no medicl use should be stopped. However makeup as a biproduct of a genuine medical test is fine.

It must be a heart breaking job, which also raises the question:
What other jobs have to be done, but done by someone else and hidden from view?

Prisoners should be used for experimentalion also, and by participating they would benefit by getting the use of TV's, playstations etc.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:24 am 
Junior

I agree with Tanny.

Murderers, peadophiles should have a place to give to society, particularly when they have taken life themselves. This is their opportunity to give something back, even if that is not there choice. I object to the death penalty, it is such a waste.

Many animals have a totally different way of metabolising pharmaceuticals. When I worked in the industry I sold a drug which is considered the cleanest of its type. In laboratory conditions it killed beagles. I wonder what was gained there?

Again not for cosmetics. If necessery as a life saving or enhancing drug absolutely, although conditions should be improved.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:38 am 
Top of the pops

Quote:
Murderers, peadophiles should have a place to give to society

Ah fatanappy, why stop or limit experimentation to these people, why not do it on ALL prisoners?

Similarly, who decides which humans are suitable for experimentation? and, the level to which experimentation should take place?

Clearly in animal experimentation there is an expectation in the experiments that animals will die, and also some experiments where dosage, volume etc dictate that the animal must die (similar to testing to destruction testing). Which humans do we select or allow as volunteers for this?

Which experiments do we do, purely drugs, or vivisection, psychomanipulation etc etc?

Is there reward for the family of the prisoner, victim, victims NOK?

Is anyone exempt on the ground of religion or culture?

I do believe in animal experimentation, however a joint effort to do more direct testing on humans should be encouraged.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:09 pm 
Junior

fatanappy here

All prisoners, IMHO is a bit harsh Tanny. I think its a little less black & white than that. Some people are driven to crime in very desperate cirumstances. Others are defending themselves, their property or their families.

I think that those who are proven to be violent again & again with no compassion, empathy or remorse as well as SOME drug addicts (its just another form of experimentation) murderers, peadophiles. Oh & burglars ( I was once burgled whilst I slept) & shop lifters over the age of 18 ( I once had a shop). On second thoughts, I think I agree with Tanny. All prisoners.

Wow 2 great threads at the same time. At last less chit chat on day 2 day life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:28 pm 
Top of the pops

Candy wrote:
Although I love animals when it comes to human lives I believe that they come first and although I would not condone just anything tested on animals if it could save a person's life I am afraid that I would agree with that as you never know it could be myself who needed the drug - hope that doesn't sound selfish.

I do not believe in testing cosmetics, creams etc on animals though.

I agree Trish - :goodpost

Treat others as you want to be treated

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:36 am 
Major

fat&happy,

If you worked in the business you should know that there are 3 stages of testing before a drug is released for general use.
1. In the laboratory
2. In animals
3. In humans

The three stages are in place so that it can be proven that the drug is as safe as possible, thousands fail the first test.

I am not a scientist, but I am dependant on drugs and am very grateful that everything is done to make the drugs safe for me to use.

Be kind, for almost everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:11 am 
Graduate

I don t think that animals should have cosmetics tested on them, but do agree that drugs need to be tested first on animals and if its saves human lives to go to be worth it (not necessarily for the said animal of course, if you get what i mean) i wouldnt want to be a human tester thou - remember that test that went wrong a few years back? couldnt pay me enough to test drugs, (im talking about medicinal here folks). ((not that im taking any other form of drugs never have, anyone got a spade and i'll keep on digging???) :oops:

Amanda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:41 am 
Top of the pops

Amanda :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol how deep do you want that hole :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:29 am 
Top of the pops

Animal testing is something (emotion apart) that we seem to accept has to be done, and is best done behind closed doors by somebody else. I dont think that certain prisoners should have the choice of being subjected to tests.

Live your dreams.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body