Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:36 am 
Junior

Just arrived in the Sirius Dog Sanctuary, 2 beautiful puppies with the most brilliant blue eyed I have ever seen in a dog. Quite surreal.

One is golden coloured with Alsation-puppy floppy ears. he has a darkish streak down his back, and a brownish muzzle. He will be medium to large when grown, but a stunner.

The other is a strange mixture of terrier with ?. He is mainly black with white undercarriage and multi-coloured (black/brown/white/fawn)legs. He will be medium sized when grown. Rougher hair than his brother.

They both are so stunning - everyone who has seen them is mesmerised by their eyes. They are not just Husky-blue, but almost Human-blue eyes - almost like they are wearing tinted contact lenses!

Found as strays in Limassol, they are about 2 months old and very friendly, and will be ideal for anyone who likes going long walks with their dog!

if interested tel 25933993

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:40 pm 
Top of the pops

Good luck with rehoming them.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:55 pm 
Junior

They are in a little known shelter in Limassol but they are so unique I felt I wanted to share them with a wider audience

The pics do not really show how blue their eyes are

But anyone who wants a big dog they are stunning

The shelter has 100 dogs and every breed you could want. Anyone after a particular dog just email me

Helen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:14 pm 
Top of the pops

The shelter has 100 dogs and every breed you could want. Anyone after a particular dog just email me

Helen[/quote]

Have you got 6ft tall slim,blue eyes,must be pretty,oh and with no husband please :smilielol . seriously well done for high lighting the dog's home, and theses dogs look great, hope someone will come along and snap them up very soon.

:congrats Helen

P.S If you do have the above please pm me :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:22 pm 
Top of the pops

These abandonment issues need highlighting in order to successfully rehome the animals, however I take issue with your wording :D
Quote:
The shelter has 100 dogs and every breed you could want
or in the case of these dogs "dont want" hence the predicament.

Access to pets and keeping pets is too easy the whole world over. I acceot the Korean question, etc, however abandonment cannoe be acceptable.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:23 pm 
Top of the pops

These abandonment issues need highlighting in order to successfully rehome the animals, however I take issue with your wording :D
Quote:
The shelter has 100 dogs and every breed you could want
or in the case of these dogs "dont want" hence the predicament.

Access to pets and keeping pets is too easy the whole world over. I accept the Korean question, etc, however abandonment cannot be acceptable.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:57 pm 
Junior

I put all my spare time and energies into trying to rehome dogs but spreading the word where the dogs are, advertising individual dogs in every possible place I can and have no energy left for getting involved in the animal welfare issues of Cyprus. There are enough people who spout about that. We want our dogs to be happy, want them to be healthy and best of all want them to have a home of their own

I know there is a home somewhere, some time for all the dogs. We have just rehomed two 5 year old dogs who have been in the shelter most of their lives and that kept us on a high for days

For those who maybe interested in the Limassol Sanctuary here is the link http://www.siriusdogsanctuary.com/index.htm
and thanks to the Limassol forum we have a place to advertise our dogs. Have a look
http://www.bfccll.com/cllforum/view_forum.php?id=101

Helen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:02 pm 
Top of the pops

:clap :clap :clap Well Said Helen. You do a smashing job :congrats

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:30 pm 
Regular

Have they got any Golden Retrievers :?: Maggie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:29 am 
Junior

The pups have now gone to a lovely home

The nearest we have to a G R is this lovely girl Lab look pedigree

http://www.bfccll.com/cllforum/view_top ... rum_id=101

Helen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:39 pm 
Regular

Hi Helen, I wish I could give her home but I am totally bowled over by G R's they really are something else and so so intelligent. I have a 10 year old G R at present who is the apple of my eye.
I do hope you find a home for the Lab soon as she certainly deserves it. Maggie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:37 am 

Helen, I am sure you are doing a wonderful job and entirely agree with the principal of homing as many dogs as possible, but although I may get shot down in flames for saying this, Can I emphasise that this is a PAPHOS forum and we already have 3 animal welfare 'groups' trying to rehome dogs here in Paphos.
Many, many of them brought into the shelters will never be found homes. There are just too many.
I know you mean well but wouldn't it be better to stick to advertising the dogs from the Limassol shelter in that area.
Sorry, no offence meant, just trying to 'stick up for the Paphos dogs crying out for a home'.
Gill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:45 pm 
Junior

Hi Gill this is a Paphos forum of which I am an active member and the last I heard it was not restricted to Paphos news. It that is the case then Neil and Pete can tell me and many others that

If you see the dogs I advertise on this forum it is only the exceptional and unusual as there are people around looking for specific dogs such as Maggie with the GR

I am part of a network of people who actively rehome dogs throughout Cyprus and that includes Eve from PAWS and people from other shelters and I do advertise their exception dogs on the Limassol and Eastern forums and the other outlets I have for advertising dogs

People from Limassol do go to the Paphos shelters for dogs and they are not refused because the live out of the area. For me if a dog needs a home regardless of which shelter/pound/foster home it is in it deserves the best chance we can give it

Helen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:06 pm 
Hi Ladies,

We the Admin don't have a problem with anyone advertising animals from anywhere in Cyprus, as an owner from Paphos may find their ideal pet in Limassol & vice versa, so as long as the animals are rehomed, its not a problem for us :D

I understand we have 3 animal shelters in Paphos trying to rehome animals from this area but there's nothing stopping them from joining other forums from Larnca, Limassol or Nicosia & advertising animals they have on there too, well not unless there Admin teams are against it, which I'm afraid is out of our hands :roll:

I hope this clears up this small matter :congrats

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:55 pm 

I think everyone is entitled to their point of view of which it was interesting to hear the perspectives of Helen and Pete. I wasn't trying to instigate territory wars, merely putting across how difficult it is to rehome these dogs, even more so when there are a growing number of shelters seeking to rehome in this prodominantly Paphos area. As someone who has worked at PAWS for many years I have first hand knowledge of the MANY HUNDREDS OF DOGS who come into the shelter every year and NEVER FIND A HOME and never have the lives they deserve. I just feel for them !

Gill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:51 am 
It doesn't matter to us where our members reside, as long as they enjoy using our forum & find it helpful, polite & informative :D :D

All suggestion are welcome & taken into consideration :congrats

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body