The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tiuts new tactics...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:56 pm 
Top of the pops

Today down in the main car park, we noticed a space, and a nice chap in a Mitsubishi, was keeping it safe for us, he waved us in, smiled, waved, then drew up behind us to block. He then was at my window faster than I could use a swear word.

"Are you German or English"
"British" we said,
Then he went into a speil about these cards and the new 5 star super complex. He came up for breath, saw my expression and left pronto.

So look out for kind men in cars in the carpark, the car is empty so the idea is to squeeze you in and whisk you off.

Then in the harbour, we were prospected 5 times in 50 yards of the kiosk by the leeching conartists.

I got very heated with pne and was ready for a full confrontation, fortuneately he got the expletive message.... Time for the authorities to act..

Maybe my shiny new crocs were a tourist giveaway.

Live your dreams.

Post subject: Re: Tiuts new tactics...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:12 pm 
Graduate

Hi there just the other week we had a similar problem we went to la fontaine market just walking from the main road down to the market we got pulled twice and then blow me coming back up the same strech we got nobbled four times. Then if it didn't happen again back up on the main road. By that time i'd had enough and i'm afraid i lost my wrag with them. Every time you walk down a road and they are even coming up the back roads it is very anoying but i supose it is something we are going to have to live with. It almost puts you of going out we weren't going to buy a car just yet but i said it was worth it just to avoid those people but now i supose i'll have to watch the car parks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:25 pm 
Major

Tanny I always say I,am on the dole, they just turn and walk away to the next victum .that they understand in one word try it next time,they dont even offer me one of their cards :D

john

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:41 pm 
Idol

doug,
had similar problems at coral bay, we just told them we lived there and they left us alone!!! dressed like tourists and a tad white when we arrived they probably thought....lying buggers but it did get rid of them pronto!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:29 pm 
So many threads about these holiday spoiling little darlings.
But people still fall for the spiel and until they don't it will continue.
Normally " I live here " now gets a sarky comment and sometimes it is hard to not turn around, grab them by the throat and chuck them under a bus. It wouldn't be murder, more keeping the streets doo doo free.
Of course, in the harbour chucking them in the sea would be a good idea but think of the pollution.
They are pond scum. But like pond scum they are very hard to get rid of.
Just totally ignore them and they will soon get the message,
Unfortunately I can't do that and one day I will break. Them. On the pavement. Then I will wipe my hands and walk away.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:45 pm 
Top of the pops

I feel sometimes that reacting and bringing the situation to a messy head is probably the only way the police will do anything about it.

The other thing I was surprised by was the number of mature men who were parading up and down the seafront dragging boards advertising water trips/fishing/glassbottom bathtubs and all sorts. I thought these chappies were consigned certain areas to trade.

Live your dreams.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body