The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:58 pm 
Regular

Paphos Mall to open next weekend

PAPHOS will soon have its own mall for the first time.

On Saturday, July 26, House President Marios Karoyian will officially open The Paphos Mall, which will cover an area of 30,000 square metres at the entrance of Paphos, with retail space of 6,000 square metres and over 1,000 parking places, most of which are covered.

The Paphos Mall is easily accessible, situated on Demokratias Avenue, a convenient location both for visitors coming from Paphos, as well as people coming from nearby towns and villages such as Polis Chrysochous, Peyia, Chlorakas and Yeroskipou.

Retail stores represent well-known brands and chains, while its cafeteria is the first Costa Coffee to open in Paphos.

More specifically, the visitor will have the opportunity to visit the following stores:

Orphanides Hypermarket, Eye Deal optical, Germanos, Beauty Line, Scholl, BonBon, Kappa Kids, Calzedonia and Charles & Keith.

A selection of restaurants will also be on the premises.

Niki Zomeni, Manager, Administrative Services at Orphanides, said 2008 was one of the most important years for the company, which is celebrating 20 years of existence. “We are very happy to work with The Paphos Mall, whose aim is to give a new push to the entertainment and commercial activities of the area, while offering visitors a space where they can fulfil all of their shopping needs,” she said.

According to a press release, “The Paphos Mall has been especially designed to care for all the family’s needs and to become the single destination for a family outing. Furthermore, the meticulous design and careful selection, as well as the set up of its retail outlets, aims at attracting non-Cypriot customers as well.”

The Paphos Mall will also help the economy of the greater Paphos area by creating new jobs for over 300 people who will be employed in its retail stores.

The opening week will see visitors greeted by “many pleasant surprises, with a number of events to be held on the premises to entertain the public.”

Opening hours are 8am to 9pm, Monday to Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:01 pm 
Top of the pops

:goodpost

Really handy for me since I live not far from there :lol:

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:38 pm 
Master

Hi Stuart
Nice to know this mall is opening up. I am due to be out in Paphos on the 2nd August and would love to have a look but due to me not been familar with street names could you give me directions from universal :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:57 pm 
Regular

Hi Ann

From the motorway roundabout head SOUTH towards DEBS' (now I know you know where that is!!!)

On your left before Debs there is MacDonalds --- Its the BIG building just after...

If you need a compass;;; Just put your Credit Card on the dash board and it will tell you which way to go... :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:17 pm 
Master

Thanks Stuart
I know exactly were it is now use credit card in the shoe shop accross the road and Debs :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:26 pm 
Forum Admin

I passed there today, it looks good
:congrats

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:33 pm 
Top of the pops

Looking at the photo in the paper it looks like its already open. I know it says Official opening but maybe it already is. Marj :celebrate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:25 pm 
Top of the pops

We went to have a look and found aisles in orphanides or was it paps to be very narrow but in all good development sorry don't do shops especially supermarkets :D

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body