Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:07 pm 
Web-Site Admin

A thought provoking topic for a quiet Monday afternoon – just been sitting contemplating life in general, and got to wondering, what does the average person continue to aspire to? Is it wealth, fame, happiness, success, knowledge?

For those who’ve retired to Cyprus, are you simply content to see out your days in the sun? For others wanting to move here, do you see that as the fulfillment of your dream, or just the start of it?

Are you career driven, crave money and the finer things in life, or happy enough to have a quiet life and be healthy with a good set of friends and family? Is it possible to have all these things? :?:

Or do I just have way too much time on my hands?? :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:57 pm 
Top of the pops

Martin,
At the mo I am wishing my life away. I will retire next year probably about September time. My dream for the past 5 years is to live out our retirement in Cyprus. That, in a nutshell, is my aspiration.
I have paid an awful lot of money into a pension fund and into sometimes risky investments and we are now ready to call it a day.Well I am. Mrs DP has started to voice doubts, if I'm honest and this has come about since her business took a change for the better last year and she is now thinking abouit the money we will forfeit if we move.
She has a very large circle of friends who she will miss. Yes they will visit but me, I've had some bad experiences with good friends and so have kept my mates at arm's length over recent years so can take or leave them.
At the mo my wishes are to settle in Cyprus. I 'm pretty sure we will come over and give it a go.
The only other things I wish for are health and happiness for my children and for Sunderland to win the Premiership some time soon. :wink:
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:08 am 
Idol

stevie and i have spent our 9 years together aspiring to better ourselves and give our kids a happy loving home!
we both have good jobs and we and the kids are very happy!
we did struggle to get on the property ladder but now we have achieved it we dont want it as it is an added hassle to sell up and move to cyprus especially as we have 2 properties to sell and thats where our assets are!
we hope we can move to cyprus in the next few years but our daughter has college to go through but also we would like robbie to settle in cyprus and have a safer lifestyle so we have to juggle timing!

however as long as we are all happy and healthy i think that is all you ask for, as said in a previous post we very much take the rough with the smooth....i think there will be plenty of that before we root ourselves in cyprus!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:26 am 

All we want to do is sell this ****** house and get out there asap and enjoy the weather. I retired in May and I am sick of looking out of the window at gray skies and rain ( of the pouring to drizzle variety ) All we want is a few years of good health and enough resources for a few beers and wines. :banghead
Cheers Jean & Norman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:20 am 

I want to charter a private jet by the time I'm 30. Although a slightly less realistic one would be finding a taxi driver that uses a meter.....! Just a little gripe of myne.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:15 am 
Top of the pops

Health and Happiness!
Anything else is a bonus.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:22 am 
Forum Admin

Discopants wrote;
and for Sunderland to win the Premiership some time soon.
:smilielol :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol
you should stick to things that can really happen ... :lol:

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:38 am 
Junior

To be a size 8 with boobs that stand up by themselves!

No seriously, I want my son to be healthy, fulfilled & happy. Whatever I can do to help him I will

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:49 pm 
Master

Health and Happiness for my Family and our selves :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:51 pm 
To see my sons grow up & have a family of their own :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:52 pm 
Rock Star

Health, happiness and to keep our heads above the water in this economic mess :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:38 pm 
Regular

I hope for good health for all my family and friends for many years to come. For my children to have happy memories of their childhood when they are older, for them to be well balanced, emotionally stable and happy adults. My main aspiration in life is to not fail my children and to give them everything a parent should and then some. I would love for me and Dave to stay together for all our time and for us to have a happy fruitful and comfortable life when we eventually get to our older years as we have worked so hard as a team and as parents through our younger years. I feel we are very fortunate most of the time. In all honesty i aspire to keep what i have already and the rest is a bonus!

Emma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:53 pm 
Master

edew27 wrote:
I hope for good health for all my family and friends for many years to come. For my children to have happy memories of their childhood when they are older, for them to be well balanced, emotionally stable and happy adults. My main aspiration in life is to not fail my children and to give them everything a parent should and then some. I would love for me and Dave to stay together for all our time and for us to have a happy fruitful and comfortable life when we eventually get to our older years as we have worked so hard as a team and as parents through our younger years. I feel we are very fortunate most of the time. In all honesty i aspire to keep what i have already and the rest is a bonus!

Emma

:goodpost Emma

I would love to finally retire from the day job and spend more time in Cyprus.

I wish my 2 sons, daughter, and their partners and lovely grandchildren good health and success with me living long enough to see as much of their future as possible.

Finally I aspire to my daughter and her partner having a live healthy baby in December, following her present difficult pregnancy.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body