Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 am 
Top of the pops

Does anyone know of removers who either individually or as a link in chain arrange for removals from the Turkish mainland to the South zone please.

TIA

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:48 pm 
Graduate

I seem to remember a situation some eighteen or twenty years ago when CYTA ordered a significant amount of equipment from Europe, which some transport manager routed all the way through Turkey finally landing at Kyrenia Cyprus. They got all the way to the border with the Republic and were refused entry. Turned back they had to find a country from which they could ship the load into Limassol. Things might have changed since then....................

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:51 pm 
Rock Star

I am no expert on politics , but i feel storyteller may be right ! Eg, cyta does not work in the north as there is no coverage once you are a few km over the border , the same is true of turkcell here also i tried to trnsfer money from Hellenic to a largish bank in the north , i had account no. , bank code, swift etc,,,,,,,,,,all the numbers and adresses , money did not transfer ! I asked what was wrong ?he said we can transfer the money but we wont , well he said much more actually ! So i feel you need good assurances that the goods will travel ! I suspect you need to remove the north from the route ! If you phone the north then call is routed via turkey ! The degree of negative coperation is unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:55 am 
Top of the pops

That's only true to an extent Mouse. If you use a third party online bank like Revolut or Wise you can send money from anywhere to anywhere, and the legacy banks can't do anything at all about it. Revolut operates from Lithuania I believe, so once you have deposited funds into your Revolut account, the receiving bank doesn't have a clue where the payment originated from.

We occasionally receive online payments from the North without any issues.

But to answer Tanny's original question, it is nigh on impossible to ship goods from Turkey or the North to the South. Our import/export agent investigated this for us many years ago. Cars and trucks are subject to random inspection by the Cypriot authorities on entering the South from the North.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:08 pm 
Master

Perhaps look at shipping the items from Turkey to Greece with one removal company and then onwards from Greece to Cyprus with another removal company.

This is one site that may be useful for the Turkey - Greece move (and possibly to Cyprus as it is listed in the Free Quotes section)

https://www.movehub.com/tr/internationa ... -istanbul/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:48 am 
Top of the pops

Thanks Alexis i will study a little later.

Live your dreams.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body