Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:58 pm 
Rock Star

Borg warner have announced a pilot project for truck fast chargers rated at 960 kw , to achieve such high power levels they need to be liquid cooled ! Wonder how power goes to heat the local area ? Even with 3 phase a 960kw outlet is pretty dam big, this goes back to my concern how many of these can the current power distribution network support ? And how many ev car chargers will switch off because the lorries are hogging all the power ?
Maybe i am wrong but i do feel Cyprus will be hit harder with this problem than other EU countries, well thats if evs take off here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:52 pm 
Top of the pops

I believe many folks are now waking up to the hidden drawbacks of evs.

Witness first quarter Tesla car sales down 13% year on year (though some of that caused by Chinese manufacturers savagely under-cutting Tesla). Tesla share price 10 months ago $300; today $155.

Just where is all this electricity going to come from? Whose going to magic it and then provide to infrastructure to deliver it? We all know that electricty cannot be stored.

And if a bad actor wanted to completely paralyse a country; all they need to do is cripple the generating stations. No transport - no country.

Even a huge solar flare could do that without any bad actor.

I'll be sticking with petrol/diesel as long as I can ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 am 
Top of the pops

Indeed many are starting to wake up to the drawbacks. Individual manufacturers as well as governments have the ability to turn your car off for non payment and non compliance also.

Sadly when an item is thrust upon us as with the great green lie. There is usually a bigger lie behind it.

The amount of parking space taken up is larger, the consideration to them larger and the fact they actually offer nothing to helping the planet make them a worthless item in my book, moreover they should be providing their own environmentally clean electric by running on a treadmill and not taking a priority from me.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 am 
Top of the pops

And would you believe, just saw this on Yahoo:

State-sponsored hackers have conducted widespread cyberattacks on critical American infrastructure in recent years, with the goal of giving China the ability to cause “a devastating blow” against the US, according to FBI Director Christopher Wray.

“The fact is, the PRC [People’s Republic of China] targeting of our critical infrastructure is both broad and unrelenting,” he told a security conference in Nashville on Thursday, describing China’s hacking programme as growing in strength.

“It’s using that mass, those numbers, to give itself the ability to physically wreak havoc on our critical infrastructure at a time of its choosing,” he added.

And there you have it ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am 
Top of the pops

Firstly i am not surprised by that one, secondly the US and other western countries have been doing the same for many years all over the world. talking about the kettles, roosting chickens etc etc.

Even within this year the USA has funded and trained so many white flag incidents yet we always bleat when done back....

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:19 pm 
Rock Star

So yak , i will follow my belief, DONT PLUG IT IN THE INTERNET . No internet , no wifi , no hack ! Dont install a purpose designed listening device in your home , dont charge ev using an app , and all these smart home appliances ' iot ' dont enable them .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:29 pm 
Rock Star

Tanny i agree vehicles whether ic or ev are steadily growing in both size and weight and not much is being done to accommodate these larger vehicles ! Also if the governments were serious about reducing carbon foot print , marerial usage and emmisions the opposite would be true which just goes show all this is just a marketing stunt to replace all the vehicles on the road in a short period of time .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:43 am 
Top of the pops

Mouse wrote:
So yak , i will follow my belief, DONT PLUG IT IN THE INTERNET . No internet , no wifi , no hack ! Dont install a purpose designed listening device in your home , dont charge ev using an app , and all these smart home appliances ' iot ' dont enable them .

Mouse, do you not for a moment suppose that the Chinese are three steps ahead of you already? Do you not realise that the mere act of plugging the car in the mains to charge it up will likely precipitate whatever needs to be done to connect your car up to Beijing? They won't require your co-operation or say-so, without you even knowing, the Chinese will be able to control the future destiny of your car.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:35 pm 
Rock Star

Yes of course , so obvious , anything plugged in the mains in theory could be adapted to be online. Well i dont supose you can charge an ev without an app ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:51 am 
Top of the pops

It is already established that EV can be turned in the opposite direction for the greater good. however it can now be done remotely from several different locations. There is a term for the return of the power such is the magnitude of the issue, and if you dont pay your tax, or are later, or vote liberal then the function can be used or ability to use the vehicle taken away.

Live your dreams.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body