Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:26 pm 
Rock Star

A complex subject indeed ! I should try to group them to make it easier to follow, there again i could do it in a muddled fashion just to keep my readers interest.
Advertising and marketing .
A pet hate , i have always lived in the real world , i take materials wood and metal mainly and create things , useful things , often not pretty but good tools . My brain and theirs are wired opposite to each other , so i will often find their representation of a thing as a barrier to understanding what it is or does , this is extremely frustrating and i am filled with the desire to ' plank ' them .

Monty python and Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy fan
I am a member of both facebook groups . I will sometimes make quotes but if you dont know the scripts they fall on dead ears . A favourite is the 'b' Ark.
This is Hitch Hikers , on a future over populated earth they decide to cure the problem by going into space and populating another harmless and unsuspecting planet . Those in power decided about 20 % or 30% of the population was surplus, so the B Ark was constructed and packed with , marketing executives , telephone sanitizers , hairdressers etc and sent on its way to earth 2, what the occupants did not know is the b ark was programmed to crash on a planet in a distant galaxy , obviuosly the A and C arks were never built . I feel they should have included entire marketing companies and salesmen too.

An annoying fact !
A number of parts of scripts of mainly Monty Python sketches contravene facebook community guide lines ,so if you quote the script verbatim you get your botty smacked , i have had a 1 week ban in the past .
Still enoughfor now :there i shall let your nerves recover :sunny

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:02 am 
Top of the pops

Ah the wonderful fascistbook. Been suspended several times. Its a prime example of over control.

Some of the classic scripts and comedy of years gone by would not be able to be made or shown now (although writers may want to write them). The hidden meanings and laughs in many sometimes take years to ferment and be appreciated.

Personally my favourite film is Blazing saddles, watched it dozens of times and find new chuckles each time.

Live your dreams.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body