Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MY FRIEND KATE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:08 pm 
Graduate

MY FRIEND KATE

My friend Kate is gone.
She was my friend for more than fifty years, more years than I care to remember. Back in the late sixties we had fun, like the time we were riding back from an all night party on a milk float, only to arrive back at my parent’s pub, being discovered and pretending that we had got up early to take the dog for a walk. Then there was the time when she would sit in the kitchen, refusing my brothers offer of some cheese on toast, then eating his with gusto, much to his disgust.
Working in her Dad’s pharmacy she would take great delight in asking male customers “Anything for the weekend?” with a cheeky grin and flashing her big brown eyes.
The Isle of Man in the seventies was a great adventure for both of us, the bands the clubs and late parties, where she eventually married and settled with Tommy.

Our lives parted for some time brought together by occasional visits to Cheltenham when we all got together and always had a great time.

My move to Cyprus and her move to Portugal put a great distance between us but we kept in touch via the social network. I am very pleased to say that despite her illness we had the pleasure of Kate and Tommy’s company for a holiday this year in Cyprus where she gave us plenty to laugh at and many happy memories.

My friend Kate has gone and left a gaping hole in my life and many other lives both in the Isle of Man and Portugal.

Goodbye Kate and God Bless.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body