Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:23 am 
Top of the pops

As avid Andre Rieu fans for 10 years, wife and I were pretty excited to find that Andre Rieu planned a concert (two actually) in Athens, in March 2024. This was to be his first ever concerts in Greece. If the Maestro had any concerns about getting bums on seats in a new country, he need not have worried. Both concerts - Tuesday and Wednesday last week - were absolute sell-outs. And the stadium was vast. Visitors came from 14 countries.

One of my favourite pieces of music has always been Mikis Theodorakis' 'Zorba the Greek', typically abbreviated to 'Zorba's Dance'. I was sure Andre would prominently feature this piece plus other sirtakis in his concert, and I was not disappointed.

We had managed to book seats 10 rows back from the stage, but when I sensed Zorba's Dance was imminent I squeezed forward to the stage, which enabled me to to get a perfect spot to create the video I was passionate about making.

The whole video was shot in one length using a Samsung mobile, so I have not had the opportunity to seriously post-edit.

If you're a fan of Andre Rieu, or even just like the dance, you might like my finished video. Be blown away by the fast, intricate footwork!

Unfortunately, this interface does not automatically convert YouTube links to images, so you will need to click on the link below, not the image further down. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkLfSzNBN9I

I have lots more earlier Andre Rieu videos on my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@astraeusvideo4087/videos One of my Andre Rieu videos has 4.8 million views and another 3.8 million.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:17 am 
Junior

Enjoyed that - thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:40 am 
Graduate

Brilliant !! :clap

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:28 am 
Top of the pops

Those who viewed and like "Zorba's Dance" may also like "Ta Pedia Tou Pirea" (The Children of Piraeus"), or as we know it, "Never on Sunday". Made famous by Melina Mercouri in the 1960's B&W film of the same name.

And who better to sing it than Greek soprano, Christina Petrou, who coincidentally has been a member of Andre Rieu's choir for many years.

The video was largely filmed on my mobile from 10 rows back and is hardly sparkling quality. Plus my dear wife had a habit of holding her mobile at an angle of between 10 and 30 degrees and was constantly moving her camera around. Plus she only recorded 'bits' of the song. I edited and corrected the movement as best I could, but clearly she'll have to go back for corrective training, lol. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Use this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQpsh215J1Q

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body