The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Immigration link
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:42 am 
Top of the pops

Good morning, does anyone have the link to the immigration department for upgrading to the new cards from Yellow slips please.

Thanks in advance.

Live your dreams.

Post subject: Re: Immigration link
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:39 pm 
Top of the pops

Here is the link for form, https://crpg.com.cy/wp-content/uploads/ ... 32XdR-Djz8
Here is info on making appointment.Send email to [email protected] Subject: Immigration appointment required.
I would like to make an appointment to change my xx into yy.
Attached are my details as requested.
Sign full name.
In a word document
Heading (what you want the appointment for)
Name(s). Surname
Date of Birth. Nationality
Passport number. ARC number (MEU)
Date of last arrival in Cyprus (literally the last time you flew into a Cypriot airport)
Telephone number
Expiration date of residence permit (for an MEU = None)
File number (shown on MEU)
Number of Applicants
Attach the file to the email. You will get a reply within 5 days

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:02 am 
Top of the pops

We were prodded into obtaining the plastic card by Hellenic Bank, who insisted we have one, even though the Cyprus Government does not require this. They said: "no card, no bank account". There was no further debate.

We engaged Gwenny-Mary to do this for us, but you can of course do it yourself. Took several months for the card to arrive.

On balance I'm glad we got the cards, as it can be used for ID purposes anywhere. Most notably with Immigration officials on arrival from abroad, at the airports.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:55 am 
Master

Having been through three changes of immigration paperwork in the 23 years I've been here, which did briefly include a plastic card, I'll wait until the next one comes along and jump on that. As has been correctly stated the plastic version is not yet compulsory, convenient, yes. With the political termoil raging through the EU at the moment, you can just feel another change is coming just round the corner as many countries reclaim their sovereignty back and reinforce their own border controls.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:59 am 
Top of the pops

Clive, doesn't matter whether or not the Cyprus government insist on it, if your bank demand it as a condition of maintaining your account/s (as Hellenic Bank does) then you have no choice. And that was made perfectly clear to us.

Aside from which, one change every 7+ years is hardly catastrophic, life-changing or expensive, is it? As a family we are scrupulous about maintaining the most up-to-date ID requirements. And personally, I like having an ID card which I can use just about anywhere.

clive of payia wrote:
With the political termoil raging through the EU at the moment, you can just feel another change is coming just round the corner as many countries reclaim their sovereignty back and reinforce their own border controls.

Yer 'aving a larf aren't you, Clive? There is more political dissent in the UK right now than the 27 EU member states combined.

Despite various hillbilly elements in rogue EU countries (like Hungary) threatening to leave the EU, please remind me how many countries have actually done so in the past 10 years... or are seriously planning to do so. Nil, I think, would be the answer.

Fact is, many dissenting parties having seen the cataclysmic mess brought about by the UK's Brexit, have quietly scotched any plans they might have had in that direction.

In 2013, you and a number of Brexiters claimed the Euro was on its last legs and would soon fold as a currency. I follow Euro/GBP and Euro/USD charts daily, please show me any evidence you have that the Euro is in terminal decline.

Dream on Clive, dream on ;) Europeans I speak to love having freedom of moment and are aghast at the UK's self-inficted wound, engineered by lying charlatans, Boris and Farage. Do you still revere them as heroes? Or have you see the light of day?

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body