The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What a lovely day !
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:20 pm 
Rock Star

Everything is at medium levels , not too bright , perfect temperature for working outside , not windy , humidity just right !
Also the parts for my car which i ordered a week ago , arrived today , the steering ball joints were rattling , but now i can drive down the road with no clonky , clonky :grin:
I guess many wont understand this post , but seeing nobody will reply what does it matter ? Point is i feel good . :banana

Post subject: Re: What a lovely day !
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:59 am 
Graduate

Yes I get it. It would be nice to get some sort of reaction, positive or negative when you go to the trouble of posting. But nobody seems to bother.
Maybe this is the way to get a thread started. Somehow I doubt it!
Incidentally are you a bit handy in the spanner department?
Maybe you could start a Q and A thread, just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:28 pm 
Rock Star

Would love to run a mechanical Q & A / chatting about engines . I have been fixing and maintaining engines, cars , gokarts , bikes since early 70s, done engineering too , i spent some time modifying and tuning tillotson carburettors for go karts . BUT my knowledge is mainly mechanical, i have not made the leap to diagnosing electronic, ecu, computer cars ! So much ,if not most of my knowledge is of little relavance now . Hence i drive a 92 Toyota corolla which has a 12 valve , carburettor, points , distributer engine. I find it quite funny on the newer cars that when the spanner fault light comes on ,generally it is a fault which CANNOT be fixed with a spanner !
I stayed off the forum for almost a month , i saw activity decrease and not improve with my absence, so i figured lets go back and chat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:44 pm 
Graduate

Well it sees to be working with you and me, how about somebody else joining in. I too am an engineer, and was involved in racing motorbikes in the seventies and eighties. I then changed professions and ran a removals and transport business. Fixing a lorry on the side of the road with a piece of fencing wire as a get you home remedy was always possible. No computer systems in those days.
Anybody else got any amusing stories about the 'good old days"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:14 pm 
Rock Star

Yes even the road bikes lept forward i remember the suzuki x7 wow ! And then the yamaha 250LC and 350LC at that time they were road legal rockets , i had a bantam d14 4s , the fast one ! Could do 70 on a good day . Now i would really fancy a 200cc Triumph tigercub be nice to potter around on

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:45 pm 
Graduate

My Dad had a Bantam in the fifties followed by a James Captain (AMC Engine) followed by a TIGER CUB!, then he moved up to a 500 Velocette, finally finishing his biking days with a Triumph twenty one.
I had a 250 BSA C11G (Plunger frame) followed by an 350 Ariel Red Hunter, Then a 650 Triumph Sprung Hub, Followed by a TRIBSA, (beezer frame/Triumph engine), finally finishing with a 250 BSA runaround before I got my car licence.
It all went downhill after that!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:46 pm 
Rock Star

Well my vehicle history, at 16 had a puch vz50 moped , at 17 had bsa bantam and a 1966 morris oxford by the time i was 18 had past both of my tests and had progressed to a triumph 100ss later on i had a triumph t120p then an indian enfield 500 bullet .

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body