The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Applying for a passport
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:23 pm 
Top of the pops

When applying for a passport on the basis of residence years heres a couple of tips.

Firstly do it yourself as the required initial paperwork is easy to get together, and deliver it to Nicosia by yourself (aim to be there 0730-0800 for best result)

The Staff are very helpful and well informed and with a much better mentality than in the 'local offices'.

Ensure the form is sworn and witnessed in the local court (not certifying officer or other personage). The desk clerk checking is thorough and helpful.

Also if you were born in an SBA or other UK protectorate overseas then you should write UK in the place of birth. Also ensure the birth certificate is in the language of the birth state and if necessary translated officially.

Ensure the newspaper advert copies and have originals and copies of all the documents needed.

Also the 500 lodging fee can be paid by card so cash not necessary.

Good luck

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:34 pm 
Top of the pops

Presume the above is applying for a passport for the first time, rather than simply renewing a passport for the n'th time. I had to read your post a couple of times before the penny dropped.

A reneweal is dead easy, minimally expensive and very fast too; you can take the photos at home against a suitable backdrop, using your phone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:52 am 
Top of the pops

Indeed yes for the UK passport its a dawdle, I am referring to a Cyprus passport.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:02 am 
Top of the pops

Ah, I see, a Cypriot passport, I assumed you meant a UK passort.

Do you have to apply for Cypriot citizenship prior to applying for a Cypriot passport, or does the Cypriot passport simply give you alternate documentation to use while travelling abroad?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:02 am 
Top of the pops

The passport is the ''çitizenship''. you may be thinking of the yellow, ID MEU or similar juggling.

Mine is on the basis of time lived in Cyprus. The documents are thorough but not too difficult to find.

You must ensure that you DO NOT leave the country (even to the North) for any time during the 12 months prior to submission of the application and acceptance ticket. Then you can travel. Even to travel for emergencies etc is NOT permitted.

In general the staff at Nicosia really were great, professional and even managed to crack a few smiles.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:05 pm 
Master

tanny wrote:

In general the staff at Nicosia really were great, professional and even managed to crack a few smiles.

Yes, I found the staff and the system at Nicosia far more efficient, courteous and helpful when I had to visit about 3-4 years ago.

Whilst it was annoying that my query should have and could have been dealt with at the Paphos office, it was good to see orderly queues, polite and helpful staff and after two taps on the computer keyboard my details were finally correct. I also enjoyed the intercity bus ride!

Appreciate it is in a new location now but even so I do think all offices should provide the same level of customer service.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body