Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A WEEKEND OFF
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:41 pm 
Graduate

A WEEKEND OFF

Every weekend I write a short story or maybe a description of something of interest. I must admit it can be time consuming to produce something which I think is remotely interesting to somebody.
“Why don’t you have a week off?” said Mrs. Storyteller “Surely they don’t expect you to come up with something fifty two weeks year in year out.”
“But my readers expect to see something every Sunday” I protested “I feel like I’m letting them all down.”
However she and common sense won through in the end and I decided to take a break for just one week. Looking forward to a rest I settled down in the armchair with a good book. Five minutes later she who must be obeyed comes up with:
“Don’t forget that you said you would look at that tap in the cloakroom some time, it keeps dripping and that’s a waste of water you know. I noticed that ‘Homebase’ have got them on offer and as you’re not doing anything we could go and look at them.”
An hour or so later back we come with a new hand basin kit, the one that was on offer wasn’t quite of the quality ‘we’ required.
Have you ever tried to take a hand basin off the wall when whoever put it in was determined that it wouldn’t fall off. I have never seen so much silicone adhesive in my life! It took me about an hour and a half to cut through this mass of gel, let alone the supply tap which continued dripping despite being turned off. So with a yoghurt container catching the drips and the ‘U’ bend spilling water all over the floor I carried the basin to my workshop.
Fitting the new tap and the new plug system was fairly straightforward, except for cleaning the twenty years worth of people’s hand washing dirt. I presented the ‘new’ tap to Mrs. Storyteller.
“Did that take longer than you thought I recall you saying that it was an easy job.”
Just got to silicone around the back, I thought, taking the application gun and pressing the lever, I was met with a solid mass. The silicone had set and had won again, that meant another trip to the DIY shop. The easy job was done, the new tap was fitted after only six hours and I returned to my armchair. Picking up my book again I started to try and regain my place.
“Can you fix those loose tiles in the kitchen seeing as you are having a weekend off from writing?”
That’s why you are getting this effort.

See you next week!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body