It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:45 pm

Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:16 am 

Hellenic Bank employees announced on Friday they are to stage a three-hour walkout on November 6.

The move was announced by employees’ union Etyk, which condemned the “provocative behaviour” of the bank’s management and stressed the need to “take dynamic measures to defend the dignity and the rights of employees.”

They accused the bank’s management of “refusing to implement decisions made by the Labour Ministry” and a “clear violation of existing collective agreements.”

“Every time we reach an agreement to renew our collective labour agreement, it is torpedoed from within without actually having the complete proposal presented to the board of directors,” they said, also accusing the bank’s management of playing “various tricks” in the process.

More:- https://cyprus-mail.com/2023/10/28/hellenic-bank-employees-to-stage-walkout/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:56 am 
Top of the pops

Bit of a moot point really as shortly there will be no branches and almost no need for humans in the chain at all. They were warned of this years ago but enjoyed the hyped salary without thought.

A 3 hour walkout will simply help the bank in the goals of pure e commerce, so is a waste of time. Now knowing how to pull plugs that cost long term income that would work.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:23 pm 
Rock Star

I assume bank employees are looking ahead because they more than most can see how the 'e' and 'smart ' revolution will effect their employment . It will be no good getting all upset when branch staff are laid off being given the 'Cyprus shoulder shrug' . Many jobs in the service i dustry will disappear due to swiping your phone to pay , paying with an app, internet shopping , home delivery etc, it is an unstoppable cancer which will forever change all aspects of life !

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body