Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:30 pm 
Rock Star

The transport ministry on Friday released a statement banning private vehicles from accessing the road in front of the arrivals at Larnaca and Paphos airports.

Specifically, at Larnaca Airport the road at the arrivals level will remain closed to all vehicles except taxis until further notice. Those wishing to pick up passengers can use the road at the departures level or the airport’s parking facilities.

As for Paphos Airport, the section of the road adjacent to the terminal building will also remain closed to traffic, except for taxis, until further notice. Those who need to drop off or pick up passengers can use the short and long-term parking areas at the airport.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2023/10/13/private-vehicles-banned-from-arrivals-roads-at-airports/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:15 pm 

This means that to drop off 'less able' passengers, you now need to use the car park, probably at a cost and they have to walk a good bit further :tickedoff

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:14 pm 
Rock Star

Yes mad , have to pay to have a longer walk. I asumme this hightened security is due to the troubles in the middle east. Still when are there not troubles over there ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:17 am 
Top of the pops

We are in the eye of the storm

Yes security because of over 2000 Israelis have fled to Cyprus

Pray for the next few days ...that things do not escalate any further

Because we are central to the storm of a possible 3rd world war

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:30 pm 
Rock Star

It seems that the first 20 minutes in the short stay car park costs €1, which I guess isn't too outrageous.

That said I don't really see how it improves security, especially at Larnaca when you can still stop at departures on the upper level.

I have been using the airports for years, usually Larnaca, but since I discovered that it is cheaper to leave your car in the long stay than pay the cost of fuel for an extra trip to be picked up, I have always used their car parks.

Usually pretty efficient apart from the issue that the cameras are rubbish at reading number plates, so you usually have to press the help button to be let in/out and just hope the guy is awake when you arrive at 3 a.m. for an early flight!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:40 pm 
Major

Effsie wrote:
It seems that the first 20 minutes in the short stay car park costs €1, which I guess isn't too outrageous.

That said I don't really see how it improves security, especially at Larnaca when you can still stop at departures on the upper level.

I have been using the airports for years, usually Larnaca, but since I discovered that it is cheaper to leave your car in the long stay than pay the cost of fuel for an extra trip to be picked up, I have always used their car parks.

Usually pretty efficient apart from the issue that the cameras are rubbish at reading number plates, so you usually have to press the help button to be let in/out and just hope the guy is awake when you arrive at 3 a.m. for an early flight!

Personally when flying out we use park n fly one minute up the road. great service.

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:49 pm 
Rock Star

Before I first used the airport long stay car park I compared prices and it seemed about the same price wise, but it is only as short walk from the terminal and is protected by security and CCTV. Do you remember how much it cost you? A week costs me just over €30.

As an aside, some years ago a friend parked her BMW X3 at one of the places near Paphos Airport, but her return was delayed so she asked me to pick it up. When I did, I realised after I drove away that "someone" had nicked all four of her tyres and replaced them with old bald ones worn down to the wires.

I'm sure there are some good ones, but I have always been wary of third party parking since then.

The other good thing with the airport parking is that I get to keep the keys, so no need to check the mileage!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body