It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:59 pm

Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:23 am 

Eviction orders have been issued for 25 more homes in Pissouri, made unsafe for habitation after years of land slippage, the community leader told MPs on Thursday.

Lazaros Lazarou also said that, while government departments decide how to deal with the problem in the area in a holistic way, drainage works will take place as a partial fix.

Currently new studies are underway to ascertain the precise nature of the landslide. The studies should be completed in six months.

In parliament, director of the Geological Survey Department Christodoulos Hadjigeorgiou said the latest surveys in the area show that “the problem is far worse than initially assessed.”

Full story:- https://cyprus-mail.com/2023/10/13/eviction-orders-issued-for-25-homes-in-pissouri/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:12 am 
Top of the pops

Such a shame for many owners, many who have lost everything. However it could also be said that the buyers should have taken better advise and done surveys at the time of purchase.

Clearly the problem will be ongoing and not really be resolved in a reasonable period so an interim accommodation measure should be found and the entire area marked as unbuildable.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:28 pm 
Rock Star

Maybe i am missing some thing here , but i guess some of the houses were bought off plan and as such land surveys were the responsibility of the 2 bit builders , oh i mean developers ? Through all the things i have read about these unaceptable problems i have never seen the developers mentioned or taken to task . The government joyfully inform us there are studies under way ! This is a long term problem, one would have hoped the studies started long ago and were already finished, still sigar , sigar. People have spent there life savings on a dream house only to be homeless and living a nightmare . I am sure if proper surveys had been done and correct plans were submitted most if not all of this could have been avoided.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body