It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:36 pm

Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:19 am 

The updated Covid-19 vaccine will be offered for simultaneous administration with the influenza vaccine starting in October, health ministry permanent secretary, Christina Yiannaki, announced.

Yiannaki, who heads the national vaccine advisory committee, told the Cyprus News Agency that the ministry’s vaccination plan was complete, and vaccinations are set to begin the first week of October.

This year’s Covid-19 vaccine will be administered alongside the flu vaccine at adult vaccination centres.

“One can simultaneously do the Covid-19 vaccine in one arm and the flu shot in the other arm,” Yiannaki explained.

She clarified that flu vaccines will continue to be offered by personal doctors, for those who do not wish to receive both.

Simultaneous administration is being carried out for the first time in order to strengthen coverage, especially of vulnerable groups, Yiannaki said. The target groups are the over 60s, the immunocompromised, and the chronically ill.

The vaccination scheme’s priority groupings and further details of the plan will be released September 13, including a list of designated vaccination centres.

Cyprus is soon expected to receive the first shipment of the Pfizer monovalent XBB.1.5 vaccine, a total of over 158,000 shots.

“There will be three deliveries of Covid-19 vaccines, with the largest [arriving] in September. The second delivery will take place at the beginning of October and the third at the beginning of November,” the health secretary detailed.

As for the flu shot, 170,000 vaccines are expected this year, Yiannaki said, noting that there are more this year than in previous years, as children and teenagers have also been included in the order.

The flu vaccines will be delivered in three stages with the first two deliveries taking place within September, the health secretary said.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:29 am 
Top of the pops

Oh what a surprise, just in time for the next lockdown in Oct/Nov.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:58 am 
Master

The new Pirola variant which has recently been detected in the UK has has also been detected in Israel, Denmark and the US.

International health bodies voiced their concerns about the variant, due to the large number of mutations it has undergone.
It is thought it could have had as many as 30 changes in its protein make-up, meaning previous infections and vaccines may not offer as much protection. Typically viruses become more deadly with every mutation to give them the best chance of survival.

(Taken from various newspaper articles so this is for general information only).

Just hope that general precautions are taken by the public so as not to necessitate another Covid lockdown.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:09 pm 
Rock Star

Alexis wrote:
Just hope that general precautions are taken by the public so as not to necessitate another Covid lockdown.

Unfortunately there are still plenty of idiots around who refuse to be vaccinated and refuse to take any precautions to protect themselves and those around them.

Obviously there are fewer of these fools that a couple of years ago as, sadly, many of them paid the ultimate price for their stupidity.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:38 pm 
Master

Effsie wrote:
Alexis wrote:

Unfortunately there are still plenty of idiots around who refuse to be vaccinated and refuse to take any precautions to protect themselves and those around them.

Obviously there are fewer of these fools that a couple of years ago as, sadly, many of them paid the ultimate price for their stupidity.

Rather a sweeping statement especially as a lot of these 'fools' have probably built up a natural immunity, rather than rely on a chemically induced one that is only specific to certain variants.

Also quite a few people have had serious side reactions to the Covid vaccines and have decided not to have any more.

Each to their own.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:02 pm 
Rock Star

Alexis wrote:
Also quite a few people have had serious side reactions to the Covid vaccines and have decided not to have any more.

And an even greater number have died!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:57 pm 
Top of the pops

Indeed effsie the number that have died is horrific in fact it matches the number who always perished before from flu and other winter ailments, however the number who have perished form the jabbies is staggering. I would ask you to go speak to any undertaker about volumes, ages etc and then to my client bank where 8 individuals have perished shortly after the jabby.

Look to the excess death tables of all statistic keeping countries, the growth in heart disorders, the normalisation of heart attacks in infants and youngsters and you will have your mind opened.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:11 pm 
Rock Star

tanny wrote:
Indeed effsie the number that have died is horrific in fact it matches the number who always perished before from flu and other winter ailments, however the number who have perished form the jabbies is staggering.

Try looking at genuine statistics rather than conspiracy theorist websites. Deaths from covid vastly outweigh deaths from flu and the risks of being hospitalised with covid are significantly greater.

The number of people who have died due to covid jabs are also less than the numbers who die from, or have adverse reactions to, other types of vaccination.

We all make up our own minds as to how we deal the threat of covid, but spreading misinformation isn't helpful to anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:52 pm 
Master

Differing opinions are being expressed which lead to a lively discussion but links to verified data need to included or it is just a personal opinion rather than based on proven facts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:01 pm 
Rock Star

indeed this is a lively debate ! Ah links to verified data ! that could be a debate in its own right !
effsie in one of your earlier comments where you making the point that unvacinated people are putting others in danger ? i thought any vacination meant if you were exposed then your body would fight of the virus with little or no effect to yourself but i assumed you would still be a carrier but not know it , therefore in theory a vacinated could be more dangerous than a nonvacinated ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:33 am 
Master

Interesting comment Mouse so I thought I would do a bit of research.

'Don’t Let Your Guard Down

If you or a family member haven’t yet received the vaccine, it’s clearly safer to be in a house full of vaccinated people. Still, even though they’re less likely to get infected and seriously ill from COVID-19, people who’ve received the full prescribed vaccine dose can still carry and transmit the virus.

Likewise, an unvaccinated person who gets infected could pass the virus to a vaccinated person. It’s rare, but sometimes the vaccine doesn’t work like it should. This could lead to serious illness. In addition, even people who are fully vaccinated may not be protected from the virus if they take certain medications or have a seriously weakened immune system'.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19 ... vaccinated

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:22 pm 
Rock Star

Thankyou Alexxis i suspected that was the case but i was basing my comment on how vaccines seem to work other viruses, or would it be virusi ?

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body