Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LOVE IT OR HATE IT
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:51 am 
Graduate

LOVE IT OR HATE IT!

There is nothing in between, you either retch if a jar is opened at the breakfast table or glorify in the delicious aroma of the savoury nectar spread. I am of course talking about Marmite.
On the one hand, it’s extremely good for you containing vitamins thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B12 and folic acid. So all those B vitamins and the folic acid help your body function more efficiently. How can you survive without it?
Made from yeast extract from the brewing industry, blended with barley, wheat, oats and Rye with added vegetable extract and contains celery. All this goes into the delicious brown sticky savoury stuff which enhances bread and butter, crumpets and toast (especially when used in welsh rarebit or beans but they must be Heinz of course).
As the picture on the label shows you it can be an essential ingredient in stews prepared in the stewpot known as a Marmite. On top of all that it is Vegan approved and guaranteed to wake up your taste buds.

On the other hand it stinks, makes me feel sick, tastes awful and should be thrown in the waste bin. But that’s only their opinion. They? The people who don’t like it of course. Wierdos if you ask me wouldn’t know a healthy meal if it was rammed down their throats. Fancy having bacon and eggs, toast and marmalade or cornflakes for breakfast every day Cholesteral laden foods clogging up your arteries and eventually leading to an early demise through heart trouble or something similar.
During the covid 19 crisis of 2020/2021 breweries were not producing very much beer, and therefore not so much yeast was available to make the marmite. This resulted in a shortage of the tangy syrup and there was a decline in the general health of the nation. This fact was obviously swallowed up by all the news about the pandemic and not noticed. Now we are out of that and beer is once again in full production everybody can be healthy again.
It seems to be a staple food in student accommodation lodgings because every parent puts a jar in their offspring's going away pack. If they don’t like it themselves, it can be a powerful bargaining tool. You will always see marmite in the butter and butter in the marmite in a student house believe me I’ve been there!
Some foods will keep forever. When they discovered Tutankhamun’s tomb in Egypt one hundred years ago it was proclaimed to be three and a half thousand years old. Amongst many of the treasures found were also some pots of honey which was still recognizable as such. Absolutely amazing, what people don’t know is that there were also two empty jars of Marmite!! Thus confirming that King Tut was definitely a man of taste.

Post subject: Re: LOVE IT OR HATE IT
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:30 pm 
Major

A beautifully unbiased description of an excellent product. yum yum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:36 pm 

I just ate a marmite and egg sandwich... I like cheese and jam sandwiches too...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:28 pm 
Major

Good man, lets hear from other off the wall eaters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:56 pm 
Master

Eating a little marmite on toast twice a week is my way of warding off the biting insects, especially mosquitos.
They don't come near me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:37 am 
Major

Well there you are then, smear Marmite all over your body, instant fake tan and mosquito repellant!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body