It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 am

Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:00 pm 

The government will provide up to €15,000 to people with disabilities who need to buy a wheelchair after cabinet on Thursday increased the amount of financial aid and types of subsidised wheelchairs.

Beneficiaries will now be offered an additional €1,500, raising the subsidised amount from €13,500 from €15,000, while the types of wheelchairs they get to choose from was increased from seven to 13.

This amendment was necessary since new types of wheelchairs became available on the market that meet the needs of beneficiaries to a greater extent, Deputy Minister of Welfare Marilena Evangelou said after the meeting.

She explained that market research and consultation had been carried out, both with the relevant officials and with the Institute of Neurology and Genetics as well as with organisations of people with disabilities

Evangelou added that this project aims to facilitate the movement, independence and participation in social, educational and economic life of persons with severe disabilities.

For more information about the application for the financial aid visit http://www.dmsw.gov.cy/dmsw/dsid/dsid.nsf/dsipd16_gr/dsipd16_gr?OpenDocument. The website is available in Greek and in English.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:00 pm 

I wonder if they will have tracking devices attached :doh :lol:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:41 am 
Rock Star

well mad i dont see any great need for tracking as most of us already carry a tracking device. i think it would be quite fun to put one on a cat ! they say that out and about cats cover a radius of upto a couple of km, especially males when they wish to go forth and multiply ! could see how many people the cat has adopted for feeding stations too !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:34 am 
Rock Star

Mouse wrote:
well mad i dont see any great need for tracking as most of us already carry a tracking device. i think it would be quite fun to put one on a cat ! they say that out and about cats cover a radius of upto a couple of km, especially males when they wish to go forth and multiply ! could see how many people the cat has adopted for feeding stations too !

Surely it is cruel to put a wheelchair on a cat! :sunny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:37 pm 

Mouse wrote:

I was being sarcastic before someone posted that it was another part of the Chinese / Russian / USA master plan to control the population……offer subsided wheelchair so they could track the disabled, know where they were and arrange an accident to help control the population. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:03 pm 
Rock Star

After having seen a wifi controlable GU10 spot lamp today im sure they could put a "return to base" function on a wheel chair, especially if they are charging 15k for it. ok its a purpose built wheelchair, ok so its electric ! but i dont see 15k ?

Mad many a true word said in jest :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:49 am 
Top of the pops

Mouse, you mean utilising the already in place device on all electric vehicles to disable at will.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:54 am 
Rock Star

Tanny are you saying some wheelchairs already have an autominous self drive function

Effsie not put a chair on the cat ! put the cat in the chair, well no need to put, the cat would go there anyway!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:51 pm 
Top of the pops

No am saying that electric vehicles and most cars with the new style integrated electronic systems can be remotely turned off at any time.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:20 pm 
Rock Star

wow Tanny that is really scarey ! and these systems are naturally unhackable :shock:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body