Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:42 pm 
Top of the pops

Having had need to use a courier the closest to hand was DHL Paphos.

After passing the envelope, filling in a load of identical forms the girl then proceeded to open the sealed envelope and inspect the contents by removing and flicking through them.

There is no place withion the shop or no warning or no request to open they just do it. The content could well have been personal, commercially delicate or other. The only response was........ its company policy.

This where company policy and the law disagree. Legally you cannot open any document without prior acceptance however they instruct their workers to do so.

My advise is do NOT use DHL as the checks can be done inwards and outgoing, use any other that does not check them.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:15 pm 
Rock Star

Hmm sounds like customs , nosey little buggers, i have done little in the way international parcels and internet shopping . Customs man in Ana vagos didnt believe the description so opened the packet and dropped electronic components on the floor and then decided he wanted to charge more , i really wanted to smack him one , i have not used this 'service 'ever since . the glass door almost came off its hinges as i left the building.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:56 am 
Rock Star

For DHL use the post office. They are DHL agents and are cheaper than going to the DHL office itself. I have used them numerous times and they have never opened or checked anything I have sent. I have been asked if the package contains cash, as that is one thing you are not allowed to send, but that is about it.

Get there before 11 for it to go the same day!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:50 am 
Master

Effsie wrote:
For DHL use the post office. They are DHL agents and are cheaper than going to the DHL office itself. I have used them numerous times and they have never opened or checked anything I have sent. I have been asked if the package contains cash, as that is one thing you are not allowed to send, but that is about it.

Get there before 11 for it to go the same day!

I was unaware the Post Office offers DHL.

However, I have used their own Track and Trace System a few times which is cheaper than DHL eg for renewing UK Passport.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:14 pm 
Rock Star

Alexis wrote:
I was unaware the Post Office offers DHL.

However, I have used their own Track and Trace System a few times which is cheaper than DHL eg for renewing UK Passport.

I have always used DHL via the post office for passport applications as I have found it to be the most reliable method and is also how they send the passports back.

They don't seem to advertise the DHL bit but they have been doing it for years and, last time I checked, was quite a bit cheaper than going to the DHL office.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body