Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: YOU WHAT?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:08 pm 
Graduate

YOU WHAT?
Pete Debuixe was big and ugly he stood six foot four in height and looked about four foot across the shoulders. He was an HGV driver an ex rugby player and a doorman at one of the night clubs in the town. If Pete Debuixe said you were going home, he meant it. If you argued with him he stopped it straight away and you were seeing stars.
Pete Marshall was good looking only five foot eight and slightly built a taxi driver during the day and doorman at one of the rival clubs at night. He was known as a hard man, what he lacked in stature and bulk he made up for with speed and accuracy. You didn’t argue with him or the same stargazing scene would follow.
They had a mutual respect for each other which was established one night when Big Pete came to Small Pete’s club obviously the worse for wear.
“You’re not coming in to start trouble” said Small Pete.
“No trouble I’m looking for a mate”
Against his better judgement Small Pete let him in.
From the dance floor to the door there was a bell for emergencies. Less than five minutes later the bell rang.
“I’ll deal with this, you two stay here”
Small Pete went up the short stairway to the dance floor. The floor was clear except for one man lying down. Standing over him was Big Pete Debuixe.
“I warned you didn’t I?” said Small Pete looking up into Big Pete’s eyes. “NOW OUT”.
Big Pete looked down at him
“You What? You need to be at least six inches taller and a couple of stones heavier before you can threaten me like that.”
Small Pete stood his ground.
“ O.K. let’s look at this situation You are in my club, you’ve flattened one bloke, you’re bigger than me, and on a good day I would have trouble taking you down. BUT the big advantage I have got on you is that I am sober. You on the other hand are drunk, so I could take you down easily. Now what would that do for your reputation, all these people would see the great Pete Debuixe put down by me.”
Big Pete cogitated the situation, laughed and held his hand out.
“Fair play mate, good point. I’ll go quietly.”
Small Pete apprehensively took the proffered hand but was prepared for any dirty tricks. There were none, they shook hands and the two Pete's walked off the dance floor to the door, as he left Big Pete looked at Small Pete.
“I’ll see YOU tomorrow” in a threatening tone.
“Looking forward to it” said Small Pete.
Two hard men with mutual respect for each other became firm friends the following day. They were two great blokes to have on your side, but trouble for anybody who wanted some.
They very often took on ‘door security’ jobs for private parties.
Known as ‘The Two Pete’s, they both dressed in a tuxedo with a bow tie they really looked the part.
Small Pete would report for duty first, usually receiving a disparaging look from the organiser, until Big Pete followed about ten seconds later, ducking as he came through the door.
They very rarely had any trouble.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body