The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eurovision song contest
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 2:12 pm 
Rock Star

I watched the finals on youtube last night , had the advantage i could skip the tedious bits . Clearly the Aliens landed in Liverpool and were at the contest ! Dont know what the costume designers were smoking but it was seriously heavy stuff. Some of the entrys were hard to evaluate as the were based on their counties tradional music this not being a complaint, for example spain, although according to my untrained ear i have heard much better flamenco style music, a style which i do enjoy. Serbia came across as an anti AI protest song but the non singer had no voice what so ever . Cyprus , the first few seconds showed the singer had a nice falsetto voice and iwas expecting something good , but whilst the singer had great potential the song failed to make use of it, i forget who it was but there was a group of old men in their underpants eeeeeeek ! The germans are angry they did badly but i dont remember the song and it was sung by a group from an undergroud Berlin S & M club or so it appeared , i thought Sweden deserved the win as she could sing ( sadly a rare talent ) and it was a half decent song , now it seems people are kicking up as the song broke the rules ? I will go back to Nightwish and Eleine for some good sounds !

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body