Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 5:04 pm 
Rock Star

I have been waiting for a comment , but none , so i will go first .

I watched the coronation start to finish , mainly because the last one was 7 years before i was born !
Whilst as expected it was an overload of pomp and ceremony it was executed with good military precision, which on its own made it a most impressive sight .
I dont keep upto date with uk or royal family politics and there is so much of the latter at present.
I felt Princess Annes hat was a bit ott, some even likened it to a panto prop ! One woman in light green looked like she was wearing a bathrobe ! But what do i know of fashion ? Penny Mordaunt i had to google who she was , i must say her dress and head piece were just right , not too much and not too little , her role of sword bearer put her in the centre of attention perhaps more than the king ! I felt her poise and deportment was 100% at all times , excellent performance . Prince Louis disappeared for a while, a comfort break i suspect ( my name is Louis and i had an uncle Charlie too ) kate looked stunning as she usually does . In a Guardian article somebody refered to the royal orb as the holy hand grenade of antiok, monty python fans will get that one . I was impressed with a mile long procession with the music and marching in sync , i can only assume all of the drummers in the many bands wore an earpiece with a sync rhythm and the marching followed the drummers .
Very impressive !

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:14 am 
Top of the pops

And the fact that it is all a ceremonial farce to play out for the easily pleased peasantry went very well i should imagine. The oaths have been changed therefore nullifying the entire content of the Magna Carta which itself was quietly suspended when no one was looking only a few years ago.

The whole thing is an irrelevant debacle, with a person of dubiousness at the head. why on one hand would his best chum Jimmy Saville be berated and Jeffrey Epstein murdered for his silence and then all the gullible accept such a slimebag as a KING.

Time for some good old French style action and the restoration of the guillotines.

Mouse you asked

As to the ceremony though, yes the pomp and ceremony is the only thing the UK does with any style (substance is lost) as the Armed Forces are not equipped or large enough for anything else.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:59 am 
Top of the pops

I watched on tv the entire ceremony ....I was and I am very proud to be British
And I am very much a Royalist ...the Royal family bring great wealth into our uk and they also bring to us our uk identity ...that many countries worldwide envy!

Seeing history being made in front of my eyes was wonderful
I was born in 1953 the year of our late and great Queen Elizabeth’s ll Coronation and so have no memories of her coronation day ....but have always been told...that I was born in the year of the Coronation....I will turn 70 this year of Charles lll Coronation ...this one I will remember :grin:

It is important that we keep with our old traditions and I liked the new ones added

The service was beautiful and the marching back to Buckingham Palace was impeccable ...what a feat

Williams allegiance to his father was the most moving part for me, sealed with his kiss onto his fathers cheek!
Followed by the very loud hoorays of the service men and women who paid allegiance to our new King and Queen back in the gardens of Buckingham Palace

Ann’s hat was part of her uniform ....which she was dressed in underneath her royal robes
She rode behind her brothers carriage all the way back to Buckingham Palace ...well done Ann!

Can Charles reign as well as his beautiful mother Queen Elizabeth ll who served the uk quite literally until 2 days before her death? A very hard act to follow and only time will tell !

Would I have preferred the Prince and Princess of Wales to have become King and Queen on Saturday yes! But their time will come after Charles who has waited since he was 4 years old for this great honour!

A very moving historical Coronation with all of the pomp and ceremonies that we the uk do best in the world .....long live the King!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:46 pm 
Rock Star

Tanny whilst i dont agree with everything you say i think in the main we do agree. I was not after people to agree with me just for comments on the event and what i said , so all is good

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body