Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:46 am 

So where does Mr Putin from here?

He has sanctioned referendums in parts of Ukraine that are currently under Russian control.

Multiple reports have documented how people with no military service have been issued draft papers – contrary to Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu’s guarantee that only those with special military skills or combat experience would be called up – prompting even ultra-loyal pro-Kremlin figures to publicly express concern.

Demonstrators in Russia's Dagestan region have clashed with police, in the latest protests to break out against Moscow's new "partial mobilisation".
OVD-Info, an independent Russian human rights monitor, said over 100 people were arrested during protests in the regional capital Makhachkala.
The group added that it was concerned by reports of "very tough detentions" occurring in the province.
Dagestan is a mainly Muslim region of Russia once noted for intense violence.
While large protests have taken place in major cities across Russia in recent days - with more than 700 people being arrested on Saturday alone - the images of Dagestani demonstrators fighting with police marks a rare outbreak of violence against authorities. The total arrested to date is over 2,000

There has been ‘pro’ Russia demonstrations in Paphos, Limassol and Nicosia by ex-pat Russians……I wonder how many are rushing to book flights back to mother Russian to join up and defend her.

Is it time to source some factor 10 million sun screen?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:26 pm 
Top of the pops

Many Russians here have already signed up from medical to operational staff, they have been waiting the official format.

As for the referendum, Putin is using the same method that NATO used in Serbia to annex Kosovo. Lets consider the colour of keetle.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:29 pm 
Rock Star

Thankfully a number of Russians, including what seems to be an increasing number of Putin's inner circle, are now doubting whether this invasion was a good idea. The number of Russians seeking to flee the country to avoid being called up also seems to be a good indicator along with increasing protests.

It has been interesting to see the Russian forces fail in their attempts to take Ukraine, but also appalling to see the atrocities that they have been committing.

I hope this is a turning point in the war and that Putin's own people continue to turn against him.

Turkey and China also seem to have had enough which should add some more pressure.

This is also a difficult situation for the government here as Cyprus really needs Russian money (good or bad) and is trying hard to sit on the fence.

As to Russian expats holding rallies here to support their cause, all I can say is good luck with that one. The vast majority of sane people around you are not going to support you as what your country has done is so wrong on so many levels.

I know there are still a few people around who have lost the plot and still believe this nonsense about Ukraine being run by Nazis and Russia having to send the troops in as it was being threatened by NATO (I hope nobody has tickets for Roger Waters' concerts), but the evidence is pretty overwhelming now.

As to nukes, I think it unlikely as other nuclear powers will react in equal or greater measure and that really will be the end of Putin.

It will be good to see Crimea return to Ukrainian control, which might see the end of Putin's very expensive bridge!

Have a good week everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:11 pm 

Attachment:
63024-8d9b1846-ac34-4adf-874a-b73eae7b362d.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:04 pm 
Rock Star

no pressure, complete freedom of choice !

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body