Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MY FAVOURITE ANIMAL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:02 pm 
Graduate

My Favourite Animal

I wake up - its light - I’m hungry, I stretch then up the stairs I run into the bedroom jumping up on the bed I’m brushed aside by her but he strokes me.
“Hello Roland do you want some breakfast?”
Of course I do. I’ll try purring a bit that usually works. He’s up and walking towards the stairs. Don’t trip him up, that happened once and I didn’t get any food for hours. Into the kitchen, he fills the kettle and while it’s boiling he goes to MY FOOD CUPBOARD! I coil myself around his legs seductively purring loudly. My food bowl is down on my mat full of delicious chicken pieces with gravy.
“There you go I’ll get you some fresh cold water as well”. He fills my bowl from the water fountain.
Then he makes two cups of coffee and disappears back up the stairs. The food is delectable and I eat the lot.
What’s it like outside? Sticking my head out of the cat flap it’s nice and sunny with a slight breeze. There are some interesting smells in the garden and I wander in and out of the flowers taking them all in. Jumping up on top of the fence I stroll along with my tail stuck high in the air. Passing three gardens then looking down into the flower filled shady paradise where it’s so pleasant to lie when it’s really hot. Let’s have a look, jumping down and prowling through the undergrowth like a hunting tiger. Something moves, I crouch down inching forward until the offender is in sight. A mouse suddenly takes off at a tremendous pace leaping into the air I launch myself at him. He escapes.
“Not this time Rupert”. It’s the man from the flowery garden.
“Where have you been all night then? I bet you’re ready for some breakfast”
Doing the curling and purring thing around his legs we go into the kitchen.
“Rupert’s here darling” he says reaching for the crunchy biscuit that tastes so good. She reaches down and tickles me behind the ears. Purring loudly and tolerating the fussing, until the food bowl is down on the floor, crunchy biscuit – lovely. It’s time for a snooze on their settee I think.
The slamming of the door wakes me up they have gone out leaving me alone, after checking out the food bowl and finding it empty I dive out of the cat flap into the garden. Back up on the fence to continue my journey, tail erect strolling along a dog barks but he is powerless to do anything. I pass him by with the look of disdain he deserves.
Dropping down into the next garden, straight to the kitchen door where a bell is hanging from the door handle. Ding ding is the result of a hefty swipe from my left paw the door opens.
“Hello Rufus, you’re just in time for lunch as always you cheeky boy”.
Delicious now it’s time for a nap in their garden, until dinnertime. Life’s not bad being a neighbourhood cat but my favourite animal has got to be HUMANS poor gullible creatures!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body