The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:43 pm 
Master

https://www.financialmirror.com/2021/01 ... n-rollout/

Cyprus health services in a joint press conference with the Deputy Ministry of Innovation on Monday said that mass vaccinations would be going live on Tuesday through an online portal, where people can arrange an appointment for a COVID-19 jab.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:11 pm 
Master

Just seen this on Dr Molly's Medical Centre in Pegeia FB Page:

IMPORTANT - The Covid-19 Vaccination programme update
Today the government has announced the process and timescales for the vaccination role out programme.
From tomorrow, residents will need to call 1474 or login to the GESY portal and complete the application that will appear inside the portal.
This process is being managed by the Ministry of Health and not at local GP level.
The priority of persons entitled to the vaccination will follow the sequence detailed in previous communications from the MoH:
The first group will be the over 80’s so please pass on this important information to those who may not be using Facebook or comfortable with accessing Internet based material.
For patients who are MEUx holders but not on GESY, they will need to download and complete the document at the location below and the form must be submitted together with a copy of the Identity Card, the Registration Card of the Alien or other Identification Document and a copy of the Hospital Identity Card, in case he / she holds one.
The documents can be sent to the Ministry of Health either electronically to the address: [email protected], by post to the Ministry of Health at the address Prodromou 1 and Heilonos 17, 1449, Nicosia or delivered by hand to the Department of Hospital Identities, Ministry of Health,

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:15 pm 
Top of the pops

In age order

So over. 80,s first

Then over 75,s

Over70,s

Over 65,s

Over 60,s with co morbidities

Any others with co morbidities

Then everyone else

At 5000 to 7000 Vaccines per week at the moment from Pfizer, because of storage issues

Quite a distance to go

Let’s hope that the EU says yes to the Oxford AstraZeneca Vaccine soon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:02 pm 
Master

In the article:

''The vaccination rollout will start with people aged over 80, and then those over 75 years.

Each of the groups mentioned above consists of around 33,000 senior citizens.

Next to be vaccinated are people over 16 years of age who are at high-risk due to underlying health issues''.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:52 pm 

Here is the full article

Cyprus is to launch the second phase of its mass vaccination program after inoculating elderly people at care homes who were at high risk of contracting COVID-19.

Essentially, mass vaccinations for COVID-19 are scheduled to start on Friday when authorities will begin vaccinating the general population starting with the over 80s, government officials said on Monday.

Health authorities have classified the general population according to risk, age, and are expected to wrap up vaccinations to frontline health staff and care home residents this week.

Cyprus health services in a joint press conference with the Deputy Ministry of Innovation on Monday said that mass vaccinations would be going live on Tuesday through an online portal, where people can arrange an appointment for a COVID-19 jab.

Cyprus on 27 December launched its vaccination programme against COVID-19 as part of an intensified drive across the European Union to curb the pandemic which has destroyed lives and its economy.

Pensioners in care homes in the capital Nicosia, Larnaca and Limassol were the first to receive a shot of the two-dose Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

Deputy head of the medical services Olga Kalakouta said that authorities will announce the groups to be vaccinated as the vaccination process moves along.

The vaccination rollout will start with people aged over 80, and then those over 75 years.

Each of the groups mentioned above consists of around 33,000 senior citizens.

Next to be vaccinated are people over 16 years of age who are at high-risk due to underlying health issues.

Kalakouta said that health workers and hospital staff who are not assigned to a COVID-related post will be next, before authorities call on the rest of the population, split into age groups.

People who do not belong to a particular group designated by the authorities at any given time, will not be able to register for a jab appointment on the portal.

38 vaccination centres

Kalakouta said Cyprus had drawn up a plan for 38 centres with one to three stations that would be able to administer some 350 jabs per day.

Vaccines are to be conducted at primary healthcare centres across the island with beneficiaries having the option to choose where they prefer to get inoculated.

“Once more, the Health Ministry calls on the population to respond to the call for vaccination against COVID-19, as it is the most effective measure to protect ourselves and our loved ones from infection and its possible negative effects,” Kalakouta said.

She said that authorities expect to vaccinate half of the population by the summer, depending on two factors, the flow of the vaccines and the public’s response.

Minister of Innovation Kyriacos Kokkinos said the platform enabling the public to book their vaccination appointment will be operational from Tuesday.

“From Tuesday, people aged 80 and above will be able to register through the portal, which is available on the General Health System (GHS) website.”

Kokkinos said those who are not registered with the GHS or do not wish to do so, can fill in a form which can be found on the Ministry’s website.

“Vaccination is not just an investment in science but an investment in life. The future depends on each one of us individually.”

After registering on the portal, people will receive a confirmation via text message. Those who cannot access the portal can be registered by their GPs, family members, or friends.

Appointments for Limassol and Famagusta can be set up on January 7 onwards.

People vaccinated will receive a vaccination card describing the type of vaccine received, as well as the date for their second shot.

The platform will be connected to EU databases that can be used to issue vaccination certificates, once the second dose of the vaccine is administrated some three weeks after the first one.

A Health Ministry representative confirmed to the Financial Mirror that authorities are sticking to their initial plans to vaccinate 350 people a day.

Ministry spokesperson Margarita Kyriacou said the health services have received the second batch of 6,800 COVID-19 doses from Pfizer with another 6,800-batch expected next week. The first batch received on 27 December consisted of 9,750 shots.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:56 pm 
Top of the pops

I hope that the EU allows the Oxford Astrazenica Vaccine also
As for people like me who carry Epipens or who have allergic reactions to medicines
We cannot have the Pfizer vaccine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:33 pm 
Regular

Migmogs Our nurse said that Astra Zeneca were not making the booster so not sure if that means the booster has a different make up from the normal vaccine. However for your information I had the Pfizer booster even though I am allergic to penicillin and I had no adverse effects at all. I did elect to have my booster at a different time from my flu jab which I have now also had and absolutely fine with that too. My husband had his booster and flu jab at the same time one in each arm and also had no adverse effects at all.
I was talking to another dog walker who we meet most mornings and she told me that she had gone to visit her parents in Blackpool and they had all caught covid from an aquaintance of her dad. They had all had both jabs and were still quite poorly for a few days, especially her 82 year old dad who had had the booster but only a couple of days earlier. She also told me that they are now checking her antibodies and she has to send off the results of blood tests that she has to do herself - had not heard of that before.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:19 pm 
Top of the pops

Poppytim wrote:
Migmogs Our nurse said that Astra Zeneca were not making the booster so not sure if that means the booster has a different make up from the normal vaccine. However for your information I had the Pfizer booster even though I am allergic to penicillin and I had no adverse effects at all. I did elect to have my booster at a different time from my flu jab which I have now also had and absolutely fine with that too. My husband had his booster and flu jab at the same time one in each arm and also had no adverse effects at all.
I was talking to another dog walker who we meet most mornings and she told me that she had gone to visit her parents in Blackpool and they had all caught covid from an aquaintance of her dad. They had all had both jabs and were still quite poorly for a few days, especially her 82 year old dad who had had the booster but only a couple of days earlier. She also told me that they are now checking her antibodies and she has to send off the results of blood tests that she has to do herself - had not heard of that before.

Good morning Poppytim

What a coincidence...I only had this conversation with my GP yesterday morning ...about my concerns and worries about my covid Booster jab...which is due the end of November ....I have already had my annual flu jab ...no problems at all as usual ...my GP didn,t know the answer for me re the Booster with mRNA vaccine reaction ...because of my need for epi pens and possible anaphylactic response ....I have to ask the covid Centre Drs for advice on which Booster I should have first.

My sister and B in L have had all of their jabs and boosters in the uk and both come down with covid last week ...but both have a very mild form because of their jabs ...

Interesting on the checking of the anti bodies

Thank you as always for your lovely and thoughtful post ...it is very helpful

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body