Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:18 am 
Master

Is live now - it seems too simple - when i say simple it looks simple to me as i have very simple tax affairs maybe not if others have complicated tax affairs. Has anyone used it yet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 pm 
Master

Just had this reply from tax office - - - Obligation to file a tax Return have individuals with annual gross income of more than €19500.
Tax portal is NOT for submitting tax returns but for PAYMENTS of tax dues. you may see your taxes due if any, any payments made and enter new debts
in the case of income less than 19500 there is no need to file a tax return
if it was needed to be done filing of tax declarations is done via the TAXISnet system NOT the TAX PORTAL

TAXISnet Service For Direct Taxation

now the taxisnet portal is open for 2019 returns it wasnt earlier as the url took you to the tax portal.... hence the confusion,,,CORRECTION .... its telling me I have submitted 2019 and I definitely havent - methinks they have a problem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:44 pm 
Star

My 2019 form is now available on Taxisnet , but i will wait till next month before filling it in , just in case they are still working on the system .

It includes a section on Gesy , and asks details of your exemption certificate if you have an S1 .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:42 pm 
Master

Ive tried to complete mine several times but I always get an error at table I in part 4 but for the life of me cant see an error in my input as followed last years input fields.. but its saying there is an error on the profit and loss fields = tried every combination imaginable but no joy - so will wait until i get a reply from the Tax Office...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:55 pm 

Good Evening,

I have just completed and uploaded my 2019 Cyprus Tax Return. Although I have contributed to GESY via my salary earned whilst working in Cyprus, I note that it is also telling me that I owe another sum which must be paid to GESY that is due from my Armed Forces Pension.

I must admit I was under the impression that you only pay GESY from one earnings source.

Speaking to a friend who is a pensioner therefore he has the S1, he does not pay anything to GESY.

Can anyone throw any light on the above scenarios as to which one is correct?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:43 pm 

As of 2019 you can opt to have your ‘HM Forces’ pension taxed at source ie the UK and can be offset against any Cyprus Tax obligations
My Forces Pension is taxed in the UK and because it is below the UK tax threshold, I don’t pay any tax on it

My UK State Pension and Private Pensions are declared in Cyprus for tax purposes.*

I do not do any form of work in Cyprus

Because I have a State Pension, I also have an S1 which entitled me to a GESY Tax Exemption

* If I didn't have an S1, the GESY contribution would have been calculated on the TOTAL income from my State and Private

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:42 pm 

Thanks for that.

I am aware that you can opt to pay tax at source on your forces pension, however, that would not benefit me as mine is over the threshold and therefore better off paying tax in Cyprus.

When I qualify for my S1 next year, would I still be expected to pay a contribution to GESY via my forces pension?

Any thoughts?

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:42 pm 

When you have your S1 you are exempt from contributing anything into the GESY scheme......Once you physically have it. you contact the authorities and get an exemption certificate = your Cyprus Health Card....normally within 48 hours

I have a UK State Pension + 2 Private Pensions + Forces Pension and contribute nothing to the scheme

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:43 am 

Thank you for that, this is now very clear to me, your comments and clarification are both very satisfying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:56 am 

Welcome

From a previous thread

Regarding GESY, to avoid being asked for contributions, those who are S1 holders are requested please to send an email to one of the following addresses quoting:

Full name
Date of birth
Cyprus ID number
UK Passport number

Email to the Medical Card Department in the Ministry of Health to Mr Soteris Stratis ([email protected]) or Mrs Tasoula Michael ([email protected]) for a confirmation letter to certify that you are not subject to contributions for GESY according to the General Health System Law of 2001.
Married couples should please send one email showing details of both husband and wife. A confirmation letter will be issued addressed to the husband, or pensioner in the marriage.
It is important to apply for this letter to avoid problems with the tax department trying to claim contributions. If you have neighbours/friends who do not have internet/email, could you please assist them by applying on their behalf.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:49 pm 

M.A.D wrote:
As of 2019 you can opt to have your ‘HM Forces’ pension taxed at source ie the UK and can be offset against any Cyprus Tax obligations
My Forces Pension is taxed in the UK and because it is below the UK tax threshold, I don’t pay any tax on it

My UK State Pension and Private Pensions are declared in Cyprus for tax purposes.*

I do not do any form of work in Cyprus

Because I have a State Pension, I also have an S1 which entitled me to a GESY Tax Exemption

* If I didn't have an S1, the GESY contribution would have been calculated on the TOTAL income from my State and Private

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body