Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MSN &Hotmail Problems
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:53 pm 
Rock Star

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone having problems with Hotmail and/or MSN homepage? I keep getting an error message saying that there was a problem during login and Live Hotmail is switching to Classic View, but when it loads there is some strange split screen and I can view emails but not reply to them nor delete them. Similarly with MSN homepage - strange look with no pictures just headings randomly spaced all over the page. Difficult to explain it without looking at it. All other web pages seem to be OK just MSN and Hotmail.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:20 pm 
Rock Star

Hi Tina,

Just tried my MSN Hotmail and it was fine.

Tough times dont last long but tough people do

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 pm 
Hi Tina,

Tried mine too & its fine, it maybe the link you have was incomplete & Hotmail couldn't load properly, do you have a connection problem, if so, contact Digby if your internet is with Holitec as he maybe able to boost your signal or tell you why you're not getting a proper connection :D

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:35 pm 
Rock Star

Thanks Pete. I am waiting for Digby to call me anyway as we keep losing the connection for no apparent reason. It is really annoying to have emails sitting there but can't relply to them.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:38 pm 
That'll be your problem then, if you keep losing your connection, not enough information is being downloaded for you to complete what it is you need to, so that's why MSN/Hotmail is failing :roll:

you should speak with Verity on Friday about this, as she had a lot of problems due to her location too :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:46 am 
Rock Star

Apparently no problem with the connection. I found a forum for people having problems and it seems quite common. A lot of bugs in the later versions of Live Hotmail/Messenger. The general advice is NOT to download latest updates if your system is working OK. I ended up doing a complete recovery on the laptop (OK as it is new and didn't have much on it) and that has fixed the problem. So, moral is, beware of updates if your system is running OK!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:31 am 
I have the latest version & mine is running fine :o :o

Might also be because my pc is new also, as my old one died a couple of weeks ago & I needed to get a new one :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:56 pm 
Rock Star

Mine is brand new too Pete. It seems from the forums I have read that there is no ryhme or reason why it works for some and causes problems for others. Now mine is working again I am leaving well alone. One thing that might have compromised mine is that it is an ex-demo model so a complete system restore may have solved any problems left by the shop.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:02 pm 
Top of the pops

Tina

Prior to updates you can choose what updates to install.
Hope that helps some.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:12 pm 
Thats true Frank, the only problem I have is, I also have microsofts Windows Live OneCare which is my microsoft firewall, antivirus, spam, spyware, etc & I can use it on 3 different pc/laptops with 1 licence & if I don't do all the windows/microsofts updates, it says my system might not be fully protected, when it is, so I have to do all updates or face the chance of not being fully protected against the vicious little blighters out there :roll: :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:14 pm 
Top of the pops

Not all updates are necessary only virus etc.Some updates are for powerpoint for example.Rather than update i ignore those same as ie all programs runnng at same time.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:18 pm 
Yeah but most are also security updates for programmes like powerpoint etc, these are essential if you want to keep your system upto date with the security protocals available, otherwise if you do have a problem, they could turn round & say, you didn't keep your system upto date so there fore were not responsible for any problems you are having :lol:

You can never win aginst the big companies you know :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:26 pm 

I was using the Live hotmail for ages then a few months ago, it went haywire.

I too could see the messages in the list but couldn't open, move or delete from the inbox or the junk folders.

I contacted their support to be told - delete cookies, blah, blah, blah..... I tried (of course, I'd already done that before), checked the settings - still just the same.

I'd started to cut down on using hotmail as I was sick of the junk coming everyday and started reporting every single phishing email I received and instead I moved my contacts over to Gmail and only left those in hotmail that I hadn't had contact with for a while.

So, if anyone has been trying to send me emails through hotmail.com - :bounce

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body