Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:50 pm 
Top of the pops

Well, the answer is.............one does definitely exist!!

We had our timberframe house built by a builder called Chryssis Nicolau based in Limassol - did a first rate job, and we moved in last september...............except we had some problems with the outside stairs which when it rained, leaked into the utility room.................also have a few snagging issues that needed sorting.............only problem was we had paid Chryssis in full, so fully expected never to see him again.............how wrong can you be!!

When we told him about the problems he came out like a shot, but couldn't do anything until the dry weather - which meant waiting for months - I hoped he would come back but had a nasty feeling he might not - but I called him last week to say we were free of visitors for a few weeks and could he come and do the repairs - no problem said Chryssis, we'll be there wednesday, and sure enough, they turned up this morning with most of the supplies they needed to sort all the problems out - chryssis came with them to give instructions on what he wanted and then shot off to get the rest of what he needed to do the work and brought it back, and is coming back tomorrow morning to check up and give further instructions. The work will take about a week, but he has put two really professional builders he employs from Poland onto the job, and it has to be said that what they have done so far is excellent.

The man is fastidious about his reputation.............which is well deserved!!

So there you go, a cypriot builder you can trust!!!!!!!!! :clapping

Chris

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:26 pm 
Top of the pops

Chris I know just what you mean-- a good builder is like gold dust. We had our 1st home built by Andreas Kaizer who at that time was just starting out in the building trade - What a brill job he made of our bungalow. We are still friends and his biz is as strong as ever. I think word and mouth is a good place to start when looking for builders of any trade really. Our 2nd home is a Hadjidemosthenous property -- no complaints as yet-- but the personal touch leaves a lot to be desired. Marj

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:32 pm 
Regular

The word 'ADVERT' comes to mind!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 pm 
Top of the pops

Stuart -- no just a thread talking about builders- do you have a problem with that. I dont see it as advertising just my experience of a good builder. Marj

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:02 pm 
Top of the pops

Stuart - I believe in telling people when someone is a d*ckhead, and equally when someone does a good job - our builder did a good job and deserves his reputation which he has built his business on................if that is advertising then so be it......but he didn't ask me to do it and I don't get anything for it and don't get commission for any referrals...............I also don't plaster his logo all over my posts or adverstise his website in my signature line :pow

Chris

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Hi Chris

As an ex chippy myself have you any pictures you would like to share also how does cost equate to concrete build.

hope you don't think i am too nosey :oops: 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:22 pm 
Top of the pops

I'll post some pics tomorrow as the second half england v. usa has just started :lol: - cost was about half the cost of a concrete build, and its warm in winter and cool now the heat is here......because its insulated :mrgreen:

chris

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:29 pm 
Top of the pops

Nice one chris look forward to seeing them :greetings

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:41 pm 
Top of the pops

sounds good , look forward to the pix Judge.Enjoy the footy on here too, thats why iam on pc :lol:
Tricia

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:44 am 
Top of the pops

The first picture taken just before they installed the railings - the rest at various stages, one for you frank showing some of the joinery, another shows the centralised aircon/central heating system pipes

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:49 am 
Top of the pops

Thanks judge, looks good like the fact it has ch. Nice stone, timber house i think off a log cabin :lol:
how wrong can you be.
Tricia

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:57 am 
NOVELTY VEND wrote:
The word 'ADVERT' comes to mind!!!

A great recommendation Chris, we quite like it when members have a good recommendation to make, as its very helpful to other members, who maybe looking for a little help :D :D
:goodpost

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:08 pm 
Regular

Hi Chris

The house looks FANTASTIC...

And I am NOT showing the pic's to my wife!!!

(Ps Did you get my email?)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:06 pm 
Top of the pops

Hi Chris

What can i say it looks stunning.Once you have all outside landscaped i bet it will look brilliant.I do like the dark timebers externally as it blends nicely with the stonework.On a drive up to latchi from pafos we passed a similar bungalow and maggie commented on how that would suit us.

When she comes back from scotland i will show her as it is exactly what we shall want when we finally decide to buy.I could easily see us in a place similar to yours.

Did you design your place chris or was it set design that you could alter ?When you say half build price i take it not land included also you can pm me if company supplies timer frame as we would be interested at later time.

:clap :clap :clap Once again outstanding house and once fully finished maybe some more pictures outside.

Thanks for sharing them :D

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:55 pm 
Top of the pops

Stuart - got your email and have replied - thanks

Frank - they build the frame from scratch - and chryssis does as much or as little as you want. He gives you a fully itemised quote valid for 12 months and you can add to or subtract as you see fit. Best bit is he doesn't require any upfront payment :shock: - we nearly fell over when he said that as everyone else wanted a minimum of 30% deposit.............and he asked for payment every few weeks in cy£5k lumps as the work progressed.

We did buy the land before we found chryssis. If you ask him for a ballpark figure he quotes you between cy£500 and cy£600 per sq.m. as a working guide, but of course the final figure depends on the level of finish etc etc(whatever that is in euro)

The landscaping is going to be one of those "ongoing projects" :wink: , and what with the lousy exchange rate its going to be a case of a little bit here and there!!

As for the design, Deb designed it herself and we then got an architect to put it into working drawings and chryssis quoted and built against that.

chris

ps have pm'd you as well

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body