Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remembrance Day Services
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:49 am 

Two separate services to mark Remembrance Day will be held in Paphos to honour fallen servicemen and women on Sunday November 11 in Peyia and Paphos.
For the fifth year the Royal British Legion Paphos branch invites the public and ex servicemen and women to attend a service at Paphos castle.
The programme will include a bugler, a bagpiper and performances by the TLC school choir and the Zingers. There will also be a solo performance by well known local soprano, Judith Evans Davies and Chris Andre will close the event.
“There will be an official wreath laying ceremony where the public may participate at a focal point we will create,” he said.
Both services will commemorate 100 years since the end of WWI and will include a two minute silence at 11am to remember servicemen and women who have lost their lives in past conflicts.
Meanwhile, around 600 people are expected to attend the annual Peyia Remembrance Service held at Peyia municipality car park.
Lest we Forget is organised every year by Alan and Barbara Wilson of MARCH (Military and Retired Cyprus Holidays for Heroes), a Paphos-based non-profit organisation that offers holidays for injured or traumatised serving or non-serving military personnel.
Ex-serviceman Wilson said: “There is also participation from the New Testament Community Church. It is held in memory of all those that who gave their lives for their countries during wars conflicts or terrorism.”
The Peyia service will be in a full Cenotaph style, Wilson said, and towards the end of the ceremony there will be an opportunity for the public to lay symbols of remembrance at the foot of the cross.
Attendees need to arrive at Peyia Municipality car park at around 10am on Sunday November 11 to ensure that everyone is seated in time for the commencement of the service at 10.30am.
Attachment:
Remem 2018.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body