It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:08 pm

Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:35 pm 

If anyone knows of a two bed apartment that needs renting in the univeral, tomb of the kings area we would be most grateful. we are all out here working full time, but our landlord has decided to start charging us for water and electric that were supposed to be included in the monthly rent. any thing would be of help to us. thank you in advance :england :england :england

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:00 pm 
Top of the pops

Call Andri 99419744 she may have a property to let in that area.

:sunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:01 pm 

Furnished?

Water and electric included?

Maximum per month?

Length of rental required?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 pm 

we are here until the beginning of november, we would like to know a price that includes everything as we were a bit stung with the place we are in now. not sure to be fair what the going rate is, as i have always had an apartment included with job, but this year i have decided to share with some other lads who work in bars over here. we pay 750 euros at the moment and that includes a pool and wifi, but not the electric and water. we have just had a bill for 158 euros for 2 months for water and electric,which we thought was high. we are in universal area. thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:48 pm 

thanks for that, much appreciated :sunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:01 pm 
Rock Star

For €750 per month you can get a very nice 4 bed villa with a pool! For a 2 bed apartment, €300 seems about the going rate for somewhere nice!

Good luck finding somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:43 pm 

Thankyou for that info. I think we are being ripped off! Hopefully will find somewhere soon :clap :sunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:07 am 

Effsie wrote:
For €750 per month you can get a very nice 4 bed villa with a pool! For a 2 bed apartment, €300 seems about the going rate for somewhere nice!

Good luck finding somewhere.

Remember it's only 4 months the guys are looking for PLUS it's bang in the tourist season

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:53 am 

Does anyone know how the bill are worked out here. Is it every quarter or monthly.

Our bill for from april 17th to may 31st for water and electricity came to 158 euros. Does tbjs sound right?

Any info would be helpful

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:15 am 

Water is billed every 3 months
Electricity is billed every 2 months

In MY case, for a 4 bed villa with pool my AVERAGE bills are:

Water for 3 months is €60
Electricity for 2 months is €145

You need an breakdown on how much of the €158 is for the water and how much is for the Electricity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:46 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
In MY case, for a 4 bed villa with pool my AVERAGE bills are:
Water for 3 months is €60
Electricity for 2 months is €125

Hi MAD,
Give me a call if you ever want to sell your place, it's worth it to get bills like those!

I'm guessing for your electric there is no use of fans, a/c or even fridges at that level of utilisation, particularly with a pool pump thrown into the mix.

Do you have contribution from a solar PV system?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:31 am 

Hi TG

You spotted my little mistake...the leccy should have been €145 average and NOT 125...that was my last bill :grin: It was more than normal due to price rise and fuel adjustment. I have amended it on my original post

No solar apart from the usual for hot water
Only 2 of us living here permanently.
Our 1 large 'A+++' rated energy efficient fridge freezer is enough for us. (defrosted monthly to maintain optimum efficiency)
We use an 'A++' rated fan in the lounge in the summer + a top of the range 'A++' energy efficient Inverter a/c in bedroom at night (July & August)
Only a couple of hours TV per day, usually in the winter months. We prefer to read or listen to music (We have a Solar-Powered CD/MP3 Player which has built in Photovoltaic Panels)
No dishwasher. Not a lot of dishes generated by 2 old people :lol:
ALL lighting is 'A++' LED and no standby switches left on for pc etc
We changed our pool pump to an '8*' (A++) rated energy efficient one a few years ago which only requires to run 4 hours per day (2 in the morning and 2 in the evening in summer and half that in winter) for crystal clear water. We also changed our filter from silica sand to glass
We are very 'frugal' with water...we recycle washing up water for the garden, washing the car etc. We fill buckets with water that would normally drain away while you are waiting for the shower etc to 'heat up' and use it to top the pool. (if we need extra, we get a '1/4 or part tanker' with 3 our neighbours

You also need to remember that in Peyia we get REGULAR water cuts sometimes for days at a time and electricity cuts :lol:

I expect we will have a higher 'average' this year since the water and electricity charges have gone up :tickedoff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:44 am 
Rock Star

Could the OP maybe look on Holiday Lettings or Owners Direct and do a search for the dates .. there may be an empty one somewhere that the owner would be willing to 'do a deal' on??

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body