Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Paphos carnival was originally due to take place yesterday, but was postponed until today, due to bad weather. Today was a beautiful day and here are some highlights of the day for anyone who would like to see them!

https://vimeo.com/256316975

Last edited by Band on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Paphos Carnival
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:41 am 
Top of the pops

Fab video as usual!!

:grin:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:31 am 

Fantastic video, thanks for posting :clap :clapping

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:57 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
highlights of the day for anyone who would like to see them!

Rio it ain't!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 am 
Top of the pops

I got impression of the carnival, thanks Band.

[Was it by my old eyes, but 1 sec chopping is too fast to catch someone face or costumes details, any chance to make 3 sec clips at least ?]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:05 am 

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:37 am 
Top of the pops

Sergio wrote:

[Was it by my old eyes, but 1 sec chopping is too fast to catch someone face or costumes details, any chance to make 3 sec clips at least ?]

A bit 'fiddling' ... but you can use the 'pause' button, or click on the timeline itself, to get a longer look at each frame :greetings

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:26 pm 
Top of the pops

SFD wrote:
Sergio wrote:

A bit 'fiddling' ... but you can use the 'pause' button, or click on the timeline itself, to get a longer look at each frame :greetings
It's not normal type of watching videos. Not for me.
I would guess Vimeo version is chopped hardly, perhaps Band had different version, with normal (more then 3 seconds for each clip) viewing ergonomics.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:18 pm 
Forum Admin

loved it , :clap cheers

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:22 pm 
Top of the pops

Sergio wrote:
SFD wrote:
Sergio wrote:

It's not normal type of watching videos. Not for me.
I would guess Vimeo version is chopped hardly, perhaps Band had different version, with normal (more then 3 seconds for each clip) viewing ergonomics.

Well, I guess that I could take offence at the suggestion that my videos aren't normal, but I won't. ;)

You may not be aware Sergio, but I am a professional videographer and editor, so I am pretty comfortable with my work and abilities. If each clip had been at least 3 seconds long, the video would have been more than 10 minutes long, which is way longer than most people will watch. Generally, people don't watch internet videos for more than a minute.

Thanks though for all the kind comments.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:49 pm 
Top of the pops

Many thanks Band, great as always. Still trying to find my granddaughter, she's there somewhere!! Not able to attend as laid up with cellulitis, so looking for pics. Thanks for your valued input.

Found it xx

PS good to see you backx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 pm 
Top of the pops

Thanks Jacs. What float was she on?

Here is the link to our photos.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/AphroditeProductionsCyprus/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1627867587279575

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 pm 
Top of the pops

Many thanks for that Band, she was on float 23 I think, the Eagle Ranch riding school. She thought it was a bit boring at times - loadsa hanging around, but enjoyed it in the end!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:55 am 
Star

Great video , terrible backing music .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:34 am 
Top of the pops

Band wrote:
Well, I guess that I could take offence at the suggestion that my videos aren't normal, but I won't. ;)

You may not be aware Sergio, but I am a professional videographer and editor, so I am pretty comfortable with my work and abilities. If each clip had been at least 3 seconds long, the video would have been more than 10 minutes long, which is way longer than most people will watch. Generally, people don't watch internet videos for more than a minute.

Band, I'm aware - that's why I took liberty to dig into technicality of video production - and please treat it as friendly talk, not as an offense.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm 
Top of the pops

Sergio wrote:
Band wrote:

Band, I'm aware - that's why I took liberty to dig into technicality of video production - and please treat it as friendly talk, not as an offense.

Can I suggest that you dig a little further before making comments like that.

A video is a personal choice. You can either like it or not, which is absolutely fine with me. Trying to tell me how to edit, is maybe not quite so fine! Let's leave it at that, as it is comments like yours that made me leave before.

It would be so much better if we could all be nice to each other, politics and religion aside. Mine wasn't a contentious post, it is just something that I shared for the benefit of people who weren't able to make it on the day but wanted to see.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:47 pm 
Top of the pops

Sorry Band for my inappropriate call... looks like I'm not fit in that category.
Didn't have an intention make it personal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 pm 
Top of the pops

Band wrote:
Sergio wrote:
Band wrote:

Can I suggest that you dig a little further before making comments like that.

A video is a personal choice. You can either like it or not, which is absolutely fine with me. Trying to tell me how to edit, is maybe not quite so fine! Let's leave it at that, as it is comments like yours that made me leave before.

It would be so much better if we could all be nice to each other, politics and religion aside. Mine wasn't a contentious post, it is just something that I shared for the benefit of people who weren't able to make it on the day but wanted to see.

Yes, I agree with your comments Band. Cannot believe anyone can be so "picky" at a brilliant video, and as you have only just come back on to the site, can I say your photos and videos have been sorely missed on here.
Incidentally, have sent you a pm on another matter.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body