The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aegean Air
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:41 am 
Rock Star

If anyone is still travelling with Aegean (brilliant airline, but you now have to fly via Athens), I have just booked flights for next month and couldn't help but notice that business class tickets, for the date we are travelling, are cheaper than economy. That's not bad for 2 32Kg suitcases, comfy seats and access to the Lufthansa lounge at Heathrow!

We're flying out with Cobalt, also business class, for €220 per ticket!

Seems like March is a good time to travel.

Post subject: Re: Aegean Air/Cobalt
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:18 pm 
Rock Star

Thought I would give a quick update on this thread.

Since my original post I have been back to the UK 3 times. I no longer fly with Aegean, but now use Cobalt from Larnaca to Gatwick, using their business class each time, at a cost of €440 return.

This gets you dedicated check-in and fast track security, plus access to the Aspire lounge at Larnaca and the No. 1 lounge at Gatwick, plus a 2 x 20Kg suitcase allowance.

They have a dedicated business class section of 12 seats on the plane, in a 2x2 configuration, with a 40" seat pitch. There is also power built into the seats to charge phones, laptops etc.

On top of everything, you get a curated meal, meaning that they give you a menu and you choose what you would like to eat and when you would like to eat it. My favourite is the chicken curry.

The cabin crew have always been fantastic.

On my last trip, they have now introduced in flight entertainment. You put your device into flight mode, turn on wifi and log into their on-board server and you can stream films and TV programmes direct to your device.

You can upgrade to business class at the check-in desk, but is can be quite a bit more expensive that way.

Last time I flew I also checked prices with Easyjet and, with a reserved seat and a suitcase, they wanted £550!

As it stands it will be Cobalt for me every time now, even if the return flight lands in the middle of the night.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body