All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Latest on line scam.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:47 am 
Junior

This arrived this morning>>>>>

Stephanie Smith Solicitors & Associates
15 Bloomsbury Square London,
WC1A2LS, United Kingdom

I am the personal attorney to Steven Vandersande, a Dutch who was a consultant with Shell UK LTD here in London, who hereinafter shall be referred to as my late client. Unfortunately My late client lost his life in the MH17 plane crash on the 17th July, 2014 during one of his trip from Netherlands (Amsterdam) to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur); my late client left no clear beneficiary to the fund deposited with a Security Company as Next of Kin to the fund except some vital documents related to the deposit that is still with me.

All efforts by me to trace his Next of Kin and relatives have proved abortive because he did not make any will prior to his death; since then I have made several inquiries/attempt to locate any of my late client's extended relatives and this has proved unsuccessful because he wanted to keep the $15,500,000.00 very private for investment/retirement plan before his untimely death. However, I decided to contact you to assist me in claiming this fund after my several unsuccessful attempts to locate any member of his family.

Furthermore, I am contacting you to assist in claiming the money left behind by my late client before they get confiscated or declared unclaimed by the security company where this huge deposit was deposited. Particularly, the Finance Company where He had the said fund valued at US$15,500,000.00 (Fifteen Million Five Hundred Thousand United Sates Dollars Only) deposited has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin.

Consequent upon this, my idea is that we can have a deal/agreement and I am going to do this legally with your name as the true beneficiary of the amount in question as I have all legal document to back our claim and the fund will be released/transferred to you. I am seeking your consent to present you as the next of kin to the find so that the proceeds of this account valued at $15,500,000.00 Million US dollars can be paid to your account abroad, note that 40% of this money will be for you, in respect to the provision of a foreign account and 50% for me, 10% will be used for the reimbursement of any expenditure we may incur in the cause of the transaction.

I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law because the source of the fund is very legit; all I need from you is your sincere collaboration and dedication for us to thrive in this deal.
I want you to reply me immediately and include your direct phone number so that we can discuss more as regard to this transaction. Thank you and Please treat this matter with all confidentiality. I wait your urgent response.

Yours Sincerely,
Barr. Stephanie Smith.
Phone: +447937156092
My Direct Fax: +448458741197.

Obviously its a scam.

Terry

Post subject: Re: Latest on line scam.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 am 
Forum Admin

yeh ,yeh,yeh .. dont you just love them ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:49 pm 
Rock Star

any solicitor requesting the help of a complete stranger in another country regarding a private matter should be struck off right now, surely no one would fall for this rubbish?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 am 

It is obviously a scam. Someone will let that solicitor know that her identity is used in this way because this could be an additional problem or even crime.

As the contact details of lawyers are published, it is possible for them to be victims of identity thefts. Therefore, anyone receiving letters or material from lawyers, it is good to contact lawyers to confirm that they are the senders.

Recently, there was an incidence of identity theft in Paphos, where someone appeared to sell antique cars via the internet by presenting the contact details of an existent company and contracts and material supposedly prepared by a known lawyer (neither the company nor the lawyer had any idea about such transactions). (S)he used the lawyer on purpose to increase the trustworthiness of the transaction, without any knowledge of the lawyer. It is going without saying that, after receiving the money from the purchasers (some thousand euros from people with a kind of love in rare antique cars), the seller was disappeared.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:28 am 
Rock Star

Take a look here!
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewt ... p?p=325484

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:48 pm 
Master

Pretty easy to spot by many but these people may get smarter. I can only hope that the people who deal with your affairs are more smarter

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body