The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parcels by post
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:28 pm 
Junior

Hi all, could anyone tell me where parcels first arrive when sent to Cyprus from the UK
Do they go to Larnaca before being sent on to Pafos?
We have been waiting since last month for an unregistered parcel sent from the UK to Pafos, and it hasn't shown up yet.
We have been to the main post office a couple of time to seek help, but that's all we get is ''you need to speak to your post office'' obviously meaning the UK post.
So a great help they are, is there a complaints procedure?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Parcels by post
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:42 pm 
Rock Star

Parcels normally arrive by air, through Larnaca airport. The post office in Larnaca then distribute them to the local post offices.

At this time of year it can take two months or more form parcels to arrive. If it is unregistered/recorded then you have no means of tracking it.

I had one last year that was so late that the post office in Paphos let me have a rummage through all their undelivered (incorrect address, damaged package etc.) parcels to see if it was in there, but sadly it wasn't.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:53 pm 
Rock Star

If it is urgent or valuable best to use a carrier.
My wife ordered an item from Amazon in UK last Monday, it arrived TODAY via DHL/ACS. service.
Very good service by any standard I think.
Amos.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:17 pm 
Top of the pops

It doesn't get any better when you have the tracking number.

A while back I posted a parcel to Germany - a defective product returned under warranty - using the labels and customs declaration provide by the recipient. A month later it is still with the customs in Frankfurt.

They won't release it until a 'fee' is paid (although no fee is owed) and the recipient won't collect it because a fee is allegedly due. Some jobsworth hasn't read the customs declaration - perhaps because it is in English and they only speak/read German? Neither party seems capable of speaking to the other.

I thought the customs union, which some in Britain want to pay billions to remain part of, and which certainly applies to Cyprus and Germany, was intended to sort out these minor border issues. How naive!

The manufacturer's support (based in The USA, though probably manned from a Far Eastern call centre) is worse than useless. A quick phone call or e-mail would have it resolved in moments, but they won't do that. So I have had to write a letter to the recipient - in German - to try and coax them into speaking the their local post office.

Meanwhile, because of the delay, the recipient has cancelled the return authorisation and issued a new one, so the numbers plastered all over the carton will no longer apply. You couldn't make this up. I believe my e-mail to the recipient's support this morning could at best be described as intemperate. Grrrrrrr! :bat

The only helpful soul has been the young lady at Paphos main Post Office, who told me that the parcel would be returned to them if it wasn't delivered after a month and to contact them when the tracker said it had been returned. I expect to see it back again after Christmas, when I will do what I should have done in the first place and bin it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:21 pm 
Rock Star

KG wrote:
It doesn't get any better when you have the tracking number.

A while back I posted a parcel to Germany - a defective product returned under warranty - using the labels and customs declaration provide by the recipient. A month later it is still with the customs in Frankfurt.

They won't release it until a 'fee' is paid (although no fee is owed) and the recipient won't collect it because a fee is allegedly due. Some jobsworth hasn't read the customs declaration - perhaps because it is in English and they only speak/read German? Neither party seems capable of speaking to the other.

I thought the customs union, which some in Britain want to pay billions to remain part of, and which certainly applies to Cyprus and Germany, was intended to sort out these minor border issues. How naive!

The manufacturer's support (based in The USA, though probably manned from a Far Eastern call centre) is worse than useless. A quick phone call or e-mail would have it resolved in moments, but they won't do that. So I have had to write a letter to the recipient - in German - to try and coax them into speaking the their local post office.

Meanwhile, because of the delay, the recipient has cancelled the return authorisation and issued a new one, so the numbers plastered all over the carton will no longer apply. You couldn't make this up. I believe my e-mail to the recipient's support this morning could at best be described as intemperate. Grrrrrrr! :bat

The only helpful soul has been the young lady at Paphos main Post Office, who told me that the parcel would be returned to them if it wasn't delivered after a month and to contact them when the tracker said it had been returned. I expect to see it back again after Christmas, when I will do what I should have done in the first place and bin it.

Was that a tracker via mail service, or via private carrier such as DHL/ACS??
Amos.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:37 pm 
Top of the pops

exodus wrote:
Amos.
Mail :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:56 pm 
Rock Star

KG wrote:
exodus wrote:
Amos.
Mail :(

Thanks.
Amos.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:06 pm 
Junior

exodus wrote:
My wife ordered an item from Amazon in UK last Monday, it arrived TODAY via DHL/ACS. service.
Amos.

Hi exodus I've pm'd you. :greetings

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:47 pm 
Rock Star

avrilathehun wrote:
exodus wrote:
Amos.

Hi exodus I've pm'd you. :greetings

And I have pm'd you in reply.
Amos.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body