The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sunshine Radio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:04 am 

Sunshine Radio
This post is to put those interested in regards the current status of Sunshine Radio in the picture.
Mr Sandy (Beech) Preston is no longer a director of Sunshine Radio Ltd, the controlling company.
Both Ms Nicola Gibson and myself are newly appointed directors and have been shareholders since the company was formed.
There are currently technical and legal issues which we have to overcome before we can take full control of the output of the station. It is unfortunately not quite as simple as flicking a switch!
Technically Mr Preston is still a major shareholder in the company however after we meet with the licensing authority, companies house and legal council this may change.
Regards lack of communications from myself or Nicky, We have been impeded in our takeover of the station and so all we can do is offer our sincerely apologies to all our advertisers. We will contact each of you personally as soon as possible.
I am the original founder and licensee of the station and would like to thank you all for your support of the station and our advertisers throughout the past 3+ years.
We already have new and familiar management in place but I am unable to give a time as to when a formal switchover will take place, possibly under a completely new brand.
I'll be happy to answer any questions or if you prefer feel free to message me privately via Facebook Messenger.
David Shapiro

Last edited by Transmitter Man on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Sunshine Radio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:25 am 
Rock Star

Transmitter Man wrote:
I have just joined PEGS ...............

What's PEGS?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:30 am 

Hello JB,

I have just edited my post above.

PEG's is a ex-pats forum.

It was suggested by the admin that I also post my PEG;s post in this Paphos based forum.

Thanks.

David

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:08 am 
Junior

Transmitter Man wrote:
Sunshine Radio
This post is to put those interested in regards the current status of Sunshine Radio in the picture.
Mr Sandy (Beech) Preston is no longer a director of Sunshine Radio Ltd, the controlling company.
Both Ms Nicola Gibson and myself are newly appointed directors and have been shareholders since the company was formed.
There are currently technical and legal issues which we have to overcome before we can take full control of the output of the station. It is unfortunately not quite as simple as flicking a switch!
Technically Mr Preston is still a major shareholder in the company however after we meet with the licensing authority, companies house and legal council this may change.
Regards lack of communications from myself or Nicky, We have been impeded in our takeover of the station and so all we can do is offer our sincerely apologies to all our advertisers. We will contact each of you personally as soon as possible.
I am the original founder and licensee of the station and would like to thank you all for your support of the station and our advertisers throughout the past 3+ years.so sandy beech is STILL a shareholder of peyia medical centre,that is a simple yes or no,not going around the houses to avoid anwsering.will publish artcles tomorrow,so we are all in the picture
We already have new and familiar management in place but I am unable to give a time as to when a formal switchover will take place, possibly under a completely new brand.
I'll be happy to answer any questions or if you prefer feel free to message me privately via Facebook Messenger.
David Shapiro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:14 am 

Simion,

May I ask why you edited my post above in such a way to give readers the impression that I made that post?

You are of course welcome to comment but it is common courtesy to add your comment either under my own or in a separate post.

David Shapiro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 am 
Top of the pops

Transmitter Man wrote:
Simion,

May I ask why you edited my post above in such a way to give readers the impression that I made that post?

You are of course welcome to comment but it is common courtesy to add your comment either under my own or in a separate post.

David Shapiro

:goodpost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 am 
Forum Admin

David , I asked you a question on the F/B pages which you have still refused to answer ?
it was , Are you a personal friend of Sandy Beech ? .
But thats fine , as I know that you have been a friend of sandy Beech for many years .
I admire your attempt at damage limitation , but the fact is , your friend and business partner
is now in prison for sexual abuse of an 11 year old child .
You also tried to pull the wool over peoples eyes by saying you did not have access to the studio
and the play lists ? how can this be when you are the CEO ?
you should be ashamed of yourself for standing beside this man ...
anyone who abuses children should be sbot ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:59 am 

Neil,

Please go back and read my original post.

All I as a former shareholder and now one of the directors of Sunshine Radio wish to say right now is there.

I feel that whatever I say you have already made up your mind.

There are legal issues still outstanding and if you have ever run a company then you should understand one has to be careful what is said especially online.

David Shapiro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:13 pm 
Forum Admin

Funny , because it says here you were the CEO from day 1 ?
so who is lying ??

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/02/uk-radio-execs-launch-new-cyprus-station/

and that is rubbish about not having access to the station ,, it is very easy for you to re-shuffle
the programming with the software you use . its simply clicks of a mouse ..
to take things out and add things in ..
and it is very clear that you have been a friend of sandy beech`s for many years ..
yes ? ?

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:28 pm 

Neil,

The company structure was different more than three years ago.

From acquiring the license, before Mr Preston was ever on the scene I later took a back seat, stepped down as a director and became but a shareholder in the company, like several others.

We are currently dealing with legal issues one of which is not allowing us to enter the current studio. We therefore have no access to any equipment there.

Can you please take one step back, read my original post, again and calm down.

If you carry on like this it's pointless for me to post anything.

David Shapiro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:34 pm 
Forum Admin

Are you a personal Friend of Sandy Beech ?
and why all of a sudden are you now calling him Mr Preston ? .

No , I wont let drop , it seems that the fact that an 11year old child has been sexually abused
by your collegue , is just trying to be swept under the carpet for the sake money ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:59 pm 
Top of the pops

Neil wrote:

No , I wont let drop , it seems that the fact that an 11year old child has been sexually abused
by your collegue , is just trying to be swept under the carpet for the sake money ..

I think we must be very careful here.
If anyone is a company shareholder, or employs others ... Should one be culpable for the actions of such others ?
It's like being accused of being responsible for the actions of one's neighbours (even if one has no social contact with them).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:44 pm 
Top of the pops

SFD wrote:
If anyone is a company shareholder, or employs others ... Should one be culpable for the actions of such others ?
It's like being accused of being responsible for the actions of one's neighbours (even if one has no social contact with them).
:agree
I don't know and as far as I am aware have never met any of the people involved, and am not a listener to the radio station. I don't have a dog in this fight, but this is fast degenerating into a witch hunt, for some purpose that is not entirely clear.

Justice has been served and the offender is in prison. Why is that not an end to the matter for others not involved?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:48 pm 
Graduate

KG wrote:
SFD wrote:
I don't know and as far as I am aware have never met any of the people involved, and am not a listener to the radio station. I don't have a dog in this fight, but this is fast degenerating into a witch hunt, for some purpose that is not entirely clear.

Justice has been served and the offender is in prison. Why is that not an end to the matter for others not involved?

Totally agree.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:22 pm 
Top of the pops

KG wrote:
SFD wrote:

Absolutely agree KG. Personally I still listen to Sunshine Radio, as it seems the only viable(?) alternative is Rock FM, which I personally find to be full of music I do not like, plus a lot of inane comments, and as there is no conclusive evidence that Sandy Beech is involved any longer with Sunshine Radio, I will continue to listen to it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:35 pm 
Rock Star

Wavy Dave

Mr Shapiro says that Mr Preston, technically, is still a shareholder in the Company in his statement.

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:53 pm 
Top of the pops

Are the shares owned in the name of Preston or Beech. Could it be that Beech is simply an adopted 'stage name'.

But if no-one wants to buy the shares then he remain a shareholder.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:08 pm 

tanny wrote:
Are the shares owned in the name of Preston or Beech. Could it be that Beech is simply an adopted 'stage name'.

But if no-one wants to buy the shares then he remain a shareholder.

I think that Beech is his 'radio name'. I believe he used that name for many years before coming to Cyprus. I can recall hearing someone, presumably him, using that name on our local station in the UK over 20 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:29 pm 
Junior

Neil wrote:

totally agree

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:32 pm 
Master

This is a complex situation, not helped by the outpourings of a few who really should know better. Just take a step back and think of the other people directly involved who are living here and trying to work through this transitional period.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:05 pm 
Rock Star

Hermes wrote:
KG wrote:
SFD wrote:

Totally agree.

Sadly, it seems that the owner of this site doesn't agree :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:52 pm 
Rock Star

Wavy Dave wrote:
Personally I still listen to Sunshine Radio, as it seems the only viable(?) alternative is Rock FM.

Much of the time I have the luxury of being able to receive BFBS on the radio. There are also hundreds of radio stations available over the internet or, for those that have them, MAG and Android boxes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:28 am 

To answer a few points quoted.

Preston is his birth name while Beech is/was his stage name.

Some of you seem aware of the complexity's of company law. Simply put, if a shareholder or as in this case shareholder and director still holds those shares even after being found guilty in a criminal court. In this case the remaining shareholders immediately forced a resolution stripping him of his position as sole director with myself and one other shareholder taking control of the company.
However at this stage he still owns his shares and as I have stated on another forum it is now up to companies house, the radio licensing authority and our legal council to agree a way forward. It is unfortunately not up to us, the shareholders as to what happens to his shares suffice to say we are looking at all options.
On top of all this there are other legal reasons of which I cannot discuss why our access to the studios are being impeded. Without access to the property we do not have control of the studio audio feed or computers.
We have a way round this which we are working on but it takes a little time and of course we must follow the law.
In Cyprus things are a little slow even with good intentions.

I hope I've covered these points.

Thank you for the questions, and those who have or are listening for your support. It's much appreciated.

David Shapiro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:38 am 
Top of the pops

Transmitter Man wrote:

Some of you seem aware of the complexity's of company law. Simply put, if a shareholder or as in this case shareholder and director still holds those shares even after being found guilty in a criminal court. In this case the remaining shareholders immediately forced a resolution stripping him of his position as sole director with myself and one other shareholder taking control of the company.
However at this stage he still owns his shares and as I have stated on another forum it is now up to companies house, the radio licensing authority and our legal council to agree a way forward. It is unfortunately not up to us, the shareholders as to what happens to his shares suffice to say we are looking at all options.
On top of all this there are other legal reasons of which I cannot discuss why our access to the studios are being impeded. Without access to the property we do not have control of the studio audio feed or computers.
We have a way round this which we are working on but it takes a little time and of course we must follow the law.

Thank you for the questions, and those who have or are listening for your support. It's much appreciated.

David Shapiro

Thank you.
Clear.
Succinct.
Best wishes.
(P.S. .. I have NO connection with either the Radio Station OR the Medical Centre).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:43 pm 
Top of the pops

SFD wrote:
Transmitter Man wrote:

David Shapiro

Thank you.
Clear.
Succinct.
Best wishes.
(P.S. .. I have NO connection with either the Radio Station OR the Medical Centre).

:agree Well said SFD.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:47 am 
Forum Admin

Transmitter Man wrote:

David Shapiro

up until now , you have not once publicly condemed Karl Preston AKA Sandy beech, nor have you answered the question
" is he a friend of yours" ..

if maybe you showed a bit of respect for the family whose life this man has wrecked , then maybe the public would cut you a bit of slack.
it would also help if the station was re-named , as it will always have that stigma attached to it ..

do want to be known forever as Pedo-radio . :huff ..

P.S
is Dave Asher running the station for Karl .??

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:29 am 
Rock Star

Neil wrote:
then maybe the public would cut you a bit of slack.

The way that I see it is that (disregarding trolls) there is only one person giving grief, and that is the owner of this site.

Public? More like a one man crusade perhaps .............

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:59 am 
Forum Admin

J B wrote:
Neil wrote:

The way that I see it is that (disregarding trolls) there is only one person giving grief, and that is the owner of this site.

I think you will find many people other than myself are appauled by this mans action.
I wonder if you would have the same attitude if it were your child that was abused .. ??

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:37 pm 
Idol

If David Shapiro has any sense he won't respond to any more remarks or "questions" on this thread.... He isn't the person who should be hung out to dry.

He's had more grilling than a McDonalds!

This witch hunt should stop right now

I can see a few members walking away from here and rightly so. It doesn't say much for the owners and administration of this site to let a thread like this be dragged up again each day....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:38 pm 
Top of the pops

Fylde Filly wrote:
If David Shapiro has any sense he won't respond to any more remarks or "questions" on this thread.... He isn't the person who should be hung out to dry.

I can see a few members walking away from here and rightly so. It doesn't say much for the owners and administration of this site to let a thread like this be dragged up again each day....

:goodpost :agree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:41 pm 
Rock Star

Neil wrote:
J B wrote:
Neil wrote:

I think you will find many people other than myself are appauled by this mans action.
I wonder if you would have the same attitude if it were your child that was abused .. ??

This thread is about Sunshine Radio
Folks have already expressed their disgust/horror etc about the Paedophile

Although the two are connected, you don't need to give grief to others who (in your mind) seem to be guilty by association.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:48 pm 
Star

jb.You say"guilty by association"..interesting.. well,,how about this one....Five youths 16 an 17 years old in America decided to rob a house that they thought was empty..Big mistake..One of the youths stayed on look out at the front of the house whilst the other four broke into the property..Big mistake..The owner of the property a senior citizen was,nt out of his house he was taking his afternoon nap upstairs.He heard the noise,went down stairs and shot dead one of the youths who where all unharmed.
The police where called,.........wait for it.......and charged all the four youths with manslaughter,even the one who was on look out....."guilty by association".
The owner of the property committed justifiable homicide and the boys are now serving long prison terms. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm 
Idol

:doh
You can't compare those scenarios.....

And actually, they weren't all "unharmed" - one ended up dead :roll:

Big mistake.... ;)

A simple question: would you say if a member of your family or even a work colleague committed a crime, would you be happy to be charged as being a guilty party too, purely by association?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 pm 
Rock Star

I have copied this from my post on another thread (Sandy Beech Shares),

I think a little calm is needed here, it is like a mob mentality, blame everyone, close everyone down, guilt by association hysteria comes to mind.
Has no one thought that behind the scenes people are looking at the legal side, they will be seeking legal council to get this man removed from any association with them. Has no one thought about Nicky who is a lovely person, what must she be through knowing that A. Her daughter was abused by a man she trusted B. Most of the members want to ruin her by closing down her centre, do you not think that she has suffered enough.
The staff are desperately trying to distance themselves from Beech at the same time caring for sick people.
As for morals I will support Nicky and her lovely innocent staff.

Addition to post- is it not time to allow the innocent victims time to get over the evilness of this person, do you not think they have suffered enough.
Today I spoke to one of the staff at the practice, they are as equally disgusted at this wickedness and are deeply hurt and distraught that some members are attacking them whilst they try to treat sick patients.

Please stop this mob attitude and allow them to work in peace, (how would you feel).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:42 pm 
Idol

lowvoltage - I wholeheartedly agree!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:03 am 
Top of the pops

I also whole heartedly agree
Please stop this witch hunt

It is absolutelty wrong

Last edited by migmogs on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:25 am 
Top of the pops

Fylde Filly wrote:
Quite right. I am appalled that this offensive thread has been allowed to continue for another day, to further what seems to be a personal crusade by one person.

This is way beyond acceptable behaviour. I don't know what the defamation laws are like in Cyprus, but I would be surprised if David Shapiro hasn't already consulted his legal advisers. Posting in a public forum provides no protection from legal action.

Enough already. Close the thread now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:34 am 
Rock Star

KG wrote:
................. what seems to be a personal crusade by one person.

But, sadly, the 'one person' doesn't agree :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 am 
Rock Star

Law in Cyprus
Criminal Code CAP 154
194. any person who, by print, writing, painting, effigy, or by any means otherwise than solely by gestures, spoken words, or other sounds, unlawfully publishes any defamatory matter concerning another person, with intent to defame that other person, is guilty of the misdemeanour termed libel.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:20 pm 
Forum Admin

J B wrote:
KG wrote:
................. what seems to be a personal crusade by one person.

But, sadly, the 'one person' doesn't agree :roll:

there you go again ,, it is not only me who is appauled by what the owner of sunshine radio has done , there are many others.

I have asked David shapiro a few questions online , which he keeps dodging the answers , They have not even had the decency
to condem the actions of sandy beach AKA karl, preston publicly.
Sandy Beech is still in control of the station , not David shapiro, he has even said publicly that they dont have access to the studio
or the station ...

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 pm 
Top of the pops

Neil wrote:
t is not only me who is appauled by what the owner of sunshine radio has done , there are many others.
You really don't get it do you? The offender, quite rightly, is in jail.

As for his business associates, then I am sure they are trying to pick up the pieces from the effect this offender has had on their own livelihoods. They don't have to justify themselves to you or the readers and contributors of this forum and it is quite wrong of you to use the forum to conduct a witch hunt.

They are not culpable for the actions of others - even if the other is a friend, neighbour or relative. By trying to imply that they are, you are treading on very dangerous ground.

If you are not happy with the radio station and the way it does business, then no-one is forcing you to listen to it, or to advertise with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:46 pm 

OK folks..let's ALL calm down on this and let it settle for a while till some hard facts come out.

The perpetrator of the crime has been tried, convicted and imprisoned. Let's not do or say anything that could affect the victims

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:23 pm 
Idol

You know my thoughts on this subject, Dave....

As per our messages today, I'm still waiting for it to happen and to receive the confirmation email that my account and every single one of my posts has been deleted from the forum.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 pm 

I have passed your request to Neil as I said I would

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:15 pm 
Top of the pops

This is all so sad

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body