Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:33 pm 
Rock Star

Are closing their branch in Pegeia at the end of the year, told by Andreas whilst in the branch this morning. Always a very busy branch and terrible news for us Pegeiaites.

Alan

:rain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:58 pm 
Rock Star

Have they given any reason why?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:14 pm 
Rock Star

Not to me, one of their biggest customers!

Alan

:celebrate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
Not to me, one of their biggest customers!

Alan

Might serve as a wake-up call to visit other parts of the island then Emgeeb?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:38 am 
Junior

I wonder what the reason for this is? Always very busy and Andreas provides an excellent service.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:39 pm 
Rock Star

Pegeia has everything for the discerning UK born EU Citizen.

No need to go anywhere else.

Alan
:welcome :welcome

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:49 pm 
Rock Star

I read a newspaper article a while back, just after we arrived in Cyprus, about this Bank.
It said that to cut costs they would be closing a few branches, and at many others just opening a couple of days a week.
Why don't you contact the Bank and suggest they do just that at your local (Pegeia) Branch - open a couple of days a week?
Amos.
P.S. Sorry - don't have a link, but it was in the now defunct Cyprus Weekly.
P.P.S. For Alan, when you say you are one of their biggest customers is that your physical size or the size of your Bank Balance?? :lol:

Last edited by exodus on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:56 pm 

emgeeb wrote:
Are closing their branch in Pegeia at the end of the year, told by Andreas whilst in the branch this morning. Always a very busy branch and terrible news for us Pegeiaites.

Alan

Terrible news indeed. The branch will be much missed by many. Is always busy so I can't understand the logic of closing it. There isn't another branch that close by.

Andreas always provides a very helpful service and is an asset to Hellenic. I hope he gets offered a suitable new role within Hellenic.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:49 pm 
Star

exodus wrote:
I read a newspaper article a while back, just after we arrived in Cyprus, about this Bank.
It said that to cut costs they would be closing a few branches, and at many others just opening a couple of days a week.
Why don't you contact the Bank and suggest they do just that at your local (Pegeia) Branch - open a couple of days a week?
Amos.
P.P.S. For Alan, when you say you are one of their biggest customers is that your physical size or the size of your Bank Balance?? :lol:

I,m a little behind the times exodus,but has my beloved weekly read the Cyprus weekly gone out of business :-(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:43 am 
Rock Star

vine wrote:
exodus wrote:
Amos.

I,m a little behind the times exodus,but has my beloved weekly read the Cyprus weekly gone out of business :-(

Apparently so.
Amos.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 am 
Top of the pops

exodus wrote:
vine wrote:
exodus wrote:
Amos.

Apparently so.
Amos.

Transferred to / Superceded by "InCyprus" ... Google it :-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 pm 
Rock Star

exodus wrote:
vine wrote:
exodus wrote:
Amos.

Apparently so.
Amos.

Transferred to / Superceded by "InCyprus" ... Google it :-)[/quote]

Same Company; its last edition was 24th September, 2017 - same date as the closure of "Cyprus Weekly".
Quelle Surprise.
Amos.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:15 pm 
Top of the pops

The reason that the branch is closing is because the landlord wants that building back.

But Hellenic are trying to find another property to relocate to as it is a very busy and much needed branch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:29 pm 
Idol

migmogs wrote:
The reason that the branch is closing is because the landlord wants that building back.

But Hellenic are trying to find another property to relocate to as it is a very busy and much needed branch

How strange..... the landlords tend to do that more often to those restaurants and bars where the sneaky expats start making a lot of money by pulling the customers in on a regular basis.

Several months later, the building is generally seen rundown and empty because the new owners don't have the magic that makes the place stay full ;-)

Let's hope the bank finds a new place quickly.... if only to keep Alan happy ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:15 am 
Rock Star

Fylde Lady

Thanks for your concern!

Our nearest branch will be a few meters from the Mall, a dangerous place if Mrs Emgeeb is with me.

Let's hope Hellenic find new premises soon or they could have one of our spare rooms.

Regards

Alan
:welcome

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:08 am 
Top of the pops

emgeeb wrote:
Fylde Lady

Thanks for your concern!

Our nearest branch will be a few meters from the Mall, a dangerous place if Mrs Emgeeb is with me.

Let's hope Hellenic find new premises soon or they could have one of our spare rooms.

Regards

Alan

Entrepreneur !, Alan ?
That's an idea (even the original 'Telegraph Offices' used to be in small village properties) ;)
You'd need a ' Licenzzz frum't Guv'nmernt' though .... not much chance of that ! :doh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:43 pm 
Top of the pops

Apparently the man who owns the bank premises also owns the bars in Peyia and is looking to close on them all

No idea what he has in mind for all of the premises involved

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:51 pm 
Junior

Really upset that Hellenic are closing the Peyia branch. A "village" the size of Peyia surely deserves its own branch. This is a shabby way to treat loyal customers. We have contacted the bank to let them know that we're not happy. Maybe if others did the same the Bank might reconsider and explore other premises within the village before making its customers travel into Paphos to do their banking? The other alternative of course is to take our business elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:09 pm 
Rock Star

gailian wrote:
Really upset that Hellenic are closing the Peyia branch. A "village" the size of Peyia surely deserves its own branch. This is a shabby way to treat loyal customers. We have contacted the bank to let them know that we're not happy. Maybe if others did the same the Bank might reconsider and explore other premises within the village before making its customers travel into Paphos to do their banking? The other alternative of course is to take our business elsewhere.

Yes but where??
Hellenic Bank is the safest of the local banks we are told.
It was named "The Best Bank in Cyprus" by the internationally reputable "Global Finance Magazine".
Amos.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:45 pm 
Rock Star

Done of the two reasons we bought in Pegeia was the proximity of the Bank, the other was the marina for parking our yacht.

50% right ain!t bad!

Alan

:there

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:38 pm 
Rock Star

emgeeb wrote:
Done of the two reasons we bought in Pegeia was the proximity of the Bank, the other was the marina for parking our yacht.

50% right ain!t bad!

Alan

:there

Aye Aye skipper, Like your style, :goodpost
Amos.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:29 pm 
Rock Star

Update on the reasons for closure, today spoke to my landlord who said, the reason for closure is the landlord wants the building back for his son. He intends to turn the upper floor into a coffee shop as it was many years ago, there will be panoramic windows for viewing just like the cousins tavern next door.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:44 pm 
Rock Star

lowvoltage wrote:
Update on the reasons for closure, today spoke to my landlord who said, the reason for closure is the landlord wants the building back for his son. He intends to turn the upper floor into a coffee shop as it was many years ago, there will be panoramic windows for viewing just like the cousins tavern next door.

I don’t think he’ll get much business from all the Hellenic bank customers. There are plenty pubs and coffee shops in Pegeia already so I can’t see many tourists climbing stairs for a coffee.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:02 am 
Master

migmogs wrote:

no they are not trying to find another location purely economics to close it - i have that in writing from the bank

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:05 am 
Master

I also complained about it and they told me that they would have one of their managers contact me to discuss options that was 3-4 weeks ago and and am still waiting.... so for me it will be BoC or Co-op - rather than a 26km round trip to ToTK branch toi use their ATM.......

they dont give a toss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 am 
Rock Star

First of all we were "Barclayed", now we're being "Hellenicked"!

Booooo

:rain :rain :brokeheart :banghead :huff

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
First of all we were "Barclayed", now we're being "Hellenicked"!

Hey Alan,
First you choose to live in Peyia, then go on to open accounts in these banks - flawed judgement or what? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:00 am 
Star

Did Hellenic open in new premises in Peyia ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:34 pm 
Top of the pops

Hellenic Bank have been working out of the Co op bank for a long time now in Peyia ...offering a great service ...they are due to take over the entire Co Op Bank in the coming months

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:41 pm 
Star

migmogs wrote:
Hellenic Bank have been working out of the Co op bank for a long time now in Peyia ...offering a great service ...they are due to take over the entire Co Op Bank in the coming months

Thanks .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:07 pm 
Rock Star

emgeeb wrote:

Alan

Somebody told me that it was due to The Marina being cancelled. :manic

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body