The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lidl Small Trolleys.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:46 am 
Master

I have been left standing with a small trolley twice this week, there is no recepticle/slot to put the first trolley in, in both stores, I found out that the cashiers give away free trolley tokens if asked, this solves the problem of not waiting around in hope of getting your money back quickly, just leave the token in there when you have fishished with it. :pint

Post subject: Re: Lidl Small Trolleys.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:11 am 
Top of the pops

Good point Stevie B. I still cannot fathom out the sheer stupidity of doing away with the small blue pull along trolleys
they used to have. After all, not every customer wants or needs a trolley, and, like I witnessed the other day, in front of me
were a couple who had 2 items in a trolley. All that serves to do, is make the queue at the checkout even longer. I have
now resorted to filling a carrier bag up as I go round, and emptying it on the conveyor belt at the checkout.

Post subject: Re: Lidl Small Trolleys.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:07 pm 
Master

I was given a coin device from a pharmacy as a promotional gift and after I have inserted it in the trolley release mechanism and removed the trolley it will come out again. When finished I return the trolley, insert the prong into the trolley mechanism in front and the trolley is locked and ready for use for the next person. So may be worth a trip to your local pharmacy - it looks like a big key with a circular end.

When I just small amounts of shopping, in all the supermarkets, I just fill my own shopping bags and empty the contents onto the conveyor belt at the till and show the empty bags to the cashier when I walk through to fill the bags and pay. Never had them 'inspected'.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body