Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:48 pm 
Star

I may not be popular with this but why should anyone complain about the prices of flights?
Airlines are a business and their responsibility is to make a profit for their share holders.
When I was in business (48 years) if anyone had asked me how much do I charge for my product or service being honest I would have said "as much as I can"..And so do airlines.
I challenge anyone reading this who is or was in business to say they did not charge for their product or service as much as possible

Business,is all about supply and demand,,,,,sorry :roll:

Oh,by the way I nor any relation as out to do with any airline.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:31 pm 
Rock Star

Personally I don't complain about prices as they are what they are. I do, however, compare prices to get the best value that I can for a service I consider acceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:01 pm 
Idol

I have no problem in people complaining about the price of something, if they decide not to buy it.

However, I see no reason in moaning about the cost of an item or service after payment.

If you don't like the price - don't pay it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:13 pm 
Star

Effsie wrote:
Personally I don't complain about prices as they are what they are. I do, however, compare prices to get the best value that I can for a service I consider acceptable.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:45 pm 
Rock Star

Flight costs in April 2017 !

Jet2 Paphos to Newcastle return for 2 people! €970

Easyjet Paphos to Manchester return for 2 people! €370 YES only €370.
The saving paid for the car hire and a hotel over night and we still had €300 spare!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:38 pm 
Rock Star

Easyjet Paphos to Edinburgh in January including a case each way. 174.50 return for two. Can't get much better than that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:33 pm 
Master

I spend hours trying to get flights at a good price, earlier this year I went to Budapest, it was a lot cheaper to fly back via Stansted and have a quick visit with relations than fly back to Larnaca, then bus it back to Paphos. In December I am flying from Aberdeen to Paphos for £82 with luggage on BA, I have to change airports but it is lot less hassle and expense than going from the Central Belt airports. :pint

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:41 pm 
Junior

I have to say the prices to Paphos from Manchester this year have been really good value - however the service at Manchester really leaves a lot to be desired. It actually make Paphos service look first class!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:14 pm 
Didn't Ryanair once talk about charging £1 to use the toilets on their flights?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:15 am 
Top of the pops

Bill Thorburn wrote:
Didn't Ryanair once talk about charging £1 to use the toilets on their flights?

What flights? :crylaughin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:00 pm 
Rock Star

With the demise of Monarch, I do not think there will be many cheap flights in the future (could be wrong.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:24 pm 
Star

lowvoltage wrote:
With the demise of Monarch, I do not think there will be many cheap flights in the future (could be wrong.)

Yes lowvoltage you are right.Thats what I was getting at in my original posting..With the demise of Monarch,prices will no doubt rise...Like any other business on the planet the airlines will charge as much as they can.
I will give a crate of fine wine to anyone reading this who has been in business and can prove they charged less for their services or products than what they could have charged. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 pm 
Rock Star

Funny you should say that Vine, when I was a self employed electrician I did, but on this occasion I will not rob you, you can keep the wine Cheers mate. :crylaughin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:23 pm 
When we came to Cyprus in 1998 many of the things that are extras today were included.
In flight meals, baggage allowance and transfers.
If you book a holiday with a holiday company at a named hotel surely it is part of the deal to take you to that hotel (not anymore).
If you're going away on a holiday through a holiday company for 7/14 nights surely luggage is included. (not anymore).
In flight meals used to be included (not anymore)
If you're on 'half board' at the hotels I've recently stayed in you have to pay for a glass of water with your evening meal, tea and coffee were once included. (not anymore).
These are the equivalent of stealth taxes surely.
We now book a hire car and pick up at the airport, (£90 transfer saved)
Go self catering and go out for an all day breakfast for lunch.
Take and pay for just one suitcase.
Take two cabin cases up to the free weight limit.
And wear extra clothes when travelling.
This is by no means being critical it is just pointing out how many extras have been added over the years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:24 pm 
Rock Star

Bill Thorburn wrote:
When we came to Cyprus in 1998 many of the things that are extras today were included.
If you book a holiday with a holiday company at a named hotel surely it is part of the deal to take you to that hotel (not anymore).
If you're going away on a holiday through a holiday company for 7/14 nights surely luggage is included. (not anymore).
If you're on 'half board' at the hotels I've recently stayed in you have to pay for a glass of water with your evening meal, tea and coffee were once included. (not anymore).
This is by no means being critical it is just pointing out how many extras have been added over the years.

Don't know which companies you've been booking with, but on a recent holiday to Barbados all those were included in my cost.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:01 pm 
Idol

All depends who you book with these days Big Nev....

We've made our last few reservations with Jet2Holidays and everything is included: flights, 22kg of baggage + carry on bag, transfers to and from our chosen hotel and on our last day, because we're in a particular chain of hotels our bags will all be checked in directly from the hotel with our Jet2 representatives, our boarding passes issued so all we have to do is pass through security when we reach the airport heading back to UK.

Thomson (now TUI) and First Choice offer flights, transfers and a baggage allowance of 15kg per person but you can upgrade to 20kg+ from around an extra £18pp.

Thomas Cook include transfers and 15kg (upgraded at an additional cost) on some of their package holidays depending on the chosen hotel. On some you have to pay extra for transfers and baggage.

If you book flight only with all of the above (including Jet2) then baggage is not included and comes at an extra cost. This is why we've found booking packages with Jet2 to be the better option all round and their prices are very competitive. We're off on holiday in March booking 2 separate twin rooms (one for my mum on twin for sole use basis) on half board with flights, transfers and baggage allowance at just over £1,800.

If we book flight only and add baggage (standard 22kg with Jet2) it brings the return flights up at £540. Transfers have to be added and I costed up booking rooms directly with the hotel at the weekend which came to £1,597

You really have to do your homework these days before booking a holiday from UK. I worked for First Choice Holidays for over 10 years prior to moving to living in Cyprus in 2004. Holidays were very cheap for us then due to my generous concession allowance but I always booked my parents stand alone options of flight and accommodation when they came to visit us in Limassol. Similarly, it was cheaper to book their Malta trips this way too as I did all their holiday bookings. But in the last few years, we found booking their Malta trips were becoming cheaper with Mercury holidays rather than as separate entities.

Even trying to book our March holiday with the low cost airlines then adding transfers, baggage and accommodation it was a struggle to get anywhere close to the cost we're paying. The hotel we know is good and gets really good reviews and because it will be the first visit there with my Mum, we wanted to make sure it was a good choice.

Another UK company has gone into administration over the weekend too, all because of the Ryanair and Monarch debacle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:17 pm 

This year there are a lot of Jet2 Holiday hotels in Paphos and Coral bay who are doing passenger check-in and issue of boarding passes from the hotel to allow passengers to go straight through security when they reach the airport. It also alleviates the long ‘baggage check-in lines at the airport

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:08 pm 
Idol

Yes, I'm not sure yet if it's because Jet2 have the monopoly of the number of guests in the hotels because it isn't at every unit and these aren't all inclusive packages either. I do intend to find out though!

It's not at every hotel under the same chain either in the resort we're staying in....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 pm 
Big Nev wrote:
Bill Thorburn wrote:

Don't know which companies you've been booking with, but on a recent holiday to Barbados all those were included in my cost.

I was talking of holidays to Cyprus with 4.5hrs flights. We've been on holidays to the states where every thing was included but not Cyprus.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:43 pm 
M.A.D wrote:
This year there are a lot of Jet2 Holiday hotels in Paphos and Coral bay who are doing passenger check-in and issue of boarding passes from the hotel to allow passengers to go straight through security when they reach the airport. It also alleviates the long ‘baggage check-in lines at the airport

Are transfers included?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:54 pm 
Idol

All package holidays booked with Jet2Holidays.co.uk include flights, baggage allowance and transfers.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:47 am 

Bill Thorburn wrote:
M.A.D wrote:

Are transfers included?

Yes :bearhug

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 am 
Bill Thorburn wrote:

and look like the Michelin man. no thanks :crylaughin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:34 pm 
COYS wrote:
and look like the Michelin man. no thanks :crylaughin

For such a short flight no probs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:34 am 
Top of the pops

Love Jet2, sadly dont get to fly them that often, unless making a stopover in Bradford on our summer sojourns, but service I find pretty first class, especially cabin crew. Good airline for me.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body