Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:49 pm 
Rock Star

Tonight's flight from Edinburgh has had to divert to Poland to kick off a couple of violent drunks. Was due to land 22:20, now 00:30. The return flight is similarly delayed.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2017/08/30/easyjet-flight-diverted-passenger-incident/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:01 pm 
Top of the pops

So, this begs the question, wasn't anyone experienced enough prior to that flight, to realise they were unfit to fly?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:36 pm 
Forum Admin

I have friends on that flight , they are not happy..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:41 pm 

So are your friends in a Polish nick now? :crylaughin

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:02 am 
Forum Admin

M.A.D wrote:

I have been giving him a hard time by text message ,,
he should be happy with a free stop-over , get a bit of cheap shopping in . PMSL ..
he`s no a happy chappie ..
:crylaughin

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:19 am 
Top of the pops

Neil wrote:
M.A.D wrote:

he should be happy with a free stop-over , get a bit of cheap shopping in . PMSL ..

"Cigarettes, Whisky ...." and "wild, wild Scottish men" ......not a good combination ! :smilielol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:50 am 

SFD wrote:
Neil wrote:
M.A.D wrote:

"Cigarettes, Whisky ...." and "wild, wild Scottish men" ......not a good combination ! :smilielol

So you are 'assuming' since the flight was from Edinburgh, they were all Scottish passangers :grin:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:01 am 
Rock Star

the I believe the blame should be shared 50/50, the passengers are obviously incapable of common sense, knowing that alcohol when consumed before flying is not good for you, at altitude the blood cannot cope with that level of alcohol and increases the toxicity levels.
The airports must take part of the blame selling alcohol knowing what the effects are, as Wavy D said the ground crew should have seen that the passengers were unfit to fly, or the cabin staff selling drink on the plane.
Simple solution, ban drink at the airport and on planes, they banned smoking (non smoker) and that is less harmful than drunken passengers at 34,000 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:20 am 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
SFD wrote:

So you are 'assuming' since the flight was from Edinburgh, they were all Scottish passangers :grin:

I wondered who would be first to pick that up .... Don't get 'touchy' ! :there :smilielol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:42 am 

I never get touchy SFD, just stating a fact that you made an assumption..... :bearhug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:24 pm 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
the I believe the blame should be shared 50/50, the passengers are obviously incapable of common sense, knowing that alcohol when consumed before flying is not good for you, at altitude the blood cannot cope with that level of alcohol and increases the toxicity levels.
The airports must take part of the blame selling alcohol knowing what the effects are, as Wavy D said the ground crew should have seen that the passengers were unfit to fly, or the cabin staff selling drink on the plane.
Simple solution, ban drink at the airport and on planes, they banned smoking (non smoker) and that is less harmful than drunken passengers at 34,000 feet.

:agree
I have been saying the same for years, if smokers cannot enjoy their legal habit, why should drinkers be allowed theirs?
Smoke may be obnoxious to some people but fighting drunks are more obnoxious and more dangerous.
I am a non smoker before everybody jumps on my post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:43 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
I never get touchy SFD, just stating a fact that you made an assumption..... :bearhug

I just extended a well known tune .... No assumption as to who was on the aircraft ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:06 pm 
Forum Admin

2 Gents in there late 20`s from Edinburgh, were taken from the plane at krakov airport,
they will be in court in poland today , they will be heavily find , plus all the costs incured
to the airline , landing fees take off fees from poland, if they lost there slot at paphos they will have extra costs for that , all must be paid by these guys before they are set free , then they will have to find an airline that will let them travel with them..
they opened a bottle of vodka on the plane and drank it from the bottle..
:sweaties yes we have idiots in scotland also :doh

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:17 pm 
Top of the pops

We had freinds due to fly back to Edinburgh on that flight...they where delayed overnight...and where put up in the Hilton Hotel in Nicosia ...and taken to the airport for flight this morning for a lunch time flight back to Edinburgh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:50 am 
Top of the pops

Neil wrote:
2 Gents in there late 20`s from Edinburgh, were taken from the plane at krakov airport,
they will be in court in poland today , they will be heavily find , plus all the costs incured
to the airline , landing fees take off fees from poland, if they lost there slot at paphos they will have extra costs for that , all must be paid by these guys before they are set free , then they will have to find an airline that will let them travel with them..
they opened a bottle of vodka on the plane and drank it from the bottle..
:sweaties yes we have idiots in scotland also :doh

Unfortunately Neil, it is ALL nationalities that have idiots who will drink too much. Then it is frightening for other passengers, so those responsible for such irresponsible behaviour should be fined heavily. I once booked a seat on an EasyJet flight, and booked a seat on the very back row, thinking I would possibly be on my own. Regrettably a group of 5 "Travellers" were seated around me, and during the flight 2 of the males had a violent argument that nearly errupted into physical violence. I was never so glad to get off a plane in all my life!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:52 pm 
Junior

Ban the sale of alcohol at the airports, even duty free and ban the sale of alcohol on the planes.
Make suspicious looking people take a breathalyser test.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:10 pm 
Top of the pops

Flipping heck
Most people are fine on planes and do NOT overdo things
It is only the minority who go over the top
Leave things as they are and staff be aware of trouble makers
If they are not allowed onto the plane and thrown off the plane if they get too drunk and fined heavily
Then that will make them think twice next time

Most people have one or two drinks on board which is very reasonable

Me I enjoy my hot chocolate with a Baileys in it for my flight
It makes me relax and rest

Talk about a witch hunt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:17 pm 
Graduate

our friends were on the flight
no happy :sweaties

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:46 am 
Rock Star

Did anyone notice on the "Tonight" programme on Thursday on this subject, the male Air Hostess ran away quicker than wotsit off a shovel the moment a disturbance broke out ..............ostensibly, he went to get handcuffs which never turned up, leaving fellow passengers to sort the thug out.

Alan

:there

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:53 pm 
Rock Star

Neil it is very polite of you to refer to these people as "gents "

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:18 pm 
Forum Admin

how`s this for ironic , I have a friend on his way over from
Edinburgh as we speak, he has just text me to say, He cannot get into
The Aspire VIP lounge at the airport (free drink until you take off)
as the lounge is full and the receptionist turned him away .. :doh

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:01 pm 
Rock Star

Neil I am not surprised at all, they are crackers and making a rod for their own backs, so as I said in my earlier post blame is 50/50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:58 pm 
Idol

Not the same incident - but it seems things are looking up in clamping down on boozy and disruptive airline passengers:

Quote:
The pair soon became abusive to passengers and crew, with Root asking stewards if they 'wanted his c**k' before Gray was sick on the floor.

They were subdued by staff and returned to their seats - where they promptly fell fast asleep as the plane diverted to Bristol Airport.

Police swarmed onto the plane, where it proved "very difficult to rouse" the pair and arrest them, Bristol Crown Court heard today.

Root, from Glasgow, was jailed for eight months and Gray was given a six-month suspended prison sentence after both admitted being drunk on an aircraft and being abusive to staff.

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasg ... d-13592824

And these screenshots are taken from an email from Ryanair received today (the passenger who posted the photos is due to fly on Monday) - from somewhere north of the border ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:41 pm 
Junior

my neighbour in Cyprus who is a 70 year old doctor was on the Edinburgh flight. he said that everything was blown out of proportion. the two guys who were removed from the flight obviously had done something not too the liking of the airline staff however were not drunk and were apologetic to the rest of the passengers who had been delayed due to their actions. Sure was an expensive mistake. Do feel that the volume of alcohol consumed on flights and the airport needs greater control.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body