Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:28 am 
Rock Star

We have lost BBC I Player, has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution please?

Thanks

Alan

:rain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:03 pm 
Top of the pops

emgeeb wrote:
We have lost BBC I Player, has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution please?

Thanks

Alan

Have sent you a P.M..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:40 pm 
Junior

I have the same problem...?!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:59 am 
Top of the pops

The best way is to subscribe to Filmon, so that all the programmes are there with no buffering. It costs 14.95 euros per month, and I don't think 50cents a day is unreasonable. With that you get ITV, BBC, live and catch up, plus thousands of films and loads of other channels. The days of viewing so easily for free are going, so I have found this to be the best way to overcome the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:29 am 
Top of the pops

I use BBC iPlayer on several devices using Unlocator to mask my location. Unlocator has been struggling to keep that location hidden from the BBC in the last couple of weeks, but they have responded fairly quickly to failure reports. it was running yesterday. I have also been testing SmartDNSProxy to see if it was any more reliable and that too failed on Saturday, but is working this morning. I suspect the problem may have more to do with changes to the iPlayer service than the DNS services.

Interestingly we lost access to Sky News on YouTube at around the same time as iPlayer started to be problematical. After some research we fixed this on the Android boxes by installing Hola, and on the PC by installing ProxFlow as a Chrome Add-in. The version for Firefox is not as good.

CYTA is upgrading its network which it is rolling out to customers next month. The system changes could be affecting the service also.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:48 pm 
Junior

Good news! I have just been able to log into BBC IPlayer using Unotelly! Don't know how long it will last though!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:15 pm 
Star

I use Unlocator and they are giving out a message .

If you like your uk tv fix , then it always pays to have a reserve . In my case my mag box .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:28 pm 
Junior

That's more or less what a Unotelly were telling me last week too...!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:43 pm 
Rock Star

Unotelly/IPlayer now working.

Alan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:06 pm 
Star

Unlocator are still giving out the same message . I wonder why they are taking so long when others have sorted the problem ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:27 am 
Top of the pops

I took a trial of SmartDNSProxy when Unlocator saw no sign of returning and they responded more quickly to questions. They said they were all too aware of the BBC's aggressive attempts to prevent such use, but were staying on top of it. Then when they pressed me with a large discount to take it up I signed up for two years. So far it is still running. Let's hope they manage to stay in front. They also have far more DNS choices than Unlocator so it should be possible to switch in the case of the BBC blocking one or more of them. I still have Unlocator on two of my devices, but they will have to improve if they want to see a renewal at the end of the contarct.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:12 pm 
Star

I had this message today , and unlocator is now working .....yippeee .

We have fixed the issues with BBC iPlayer. Kindly restart your device/s and try watching BBC again. Due to BBC’s aggressive attempts to block VPN and Smart DNS proxy services in recent weeks, we have implemented a new technique to unblock BBC outside UK. This will hopefully result in a long-lasting solution for the recent problems. The new method should work as intended. However, just in case you do run into any issues while trying to watch BBC, kindly let us know

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:19 pm 

Get a VPN ? Ours works a treat for all English channels. 50 quid a year...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:48 pm 
Top of the pops

happy runner wrote:
Get a VPN ? Ours works a treat for all English channels. 50 quid a year...
The VPN route is a non-starter for iPlayer as the BBC is aggressively blocking all VPN addresses it finds, so it will only be a matter of time before that £50 seems an expensive purchase. Smart DNS is the better (and cheaper) option and more difficult for the BBC to block ... though it doesn't stop them trying.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 pm 
Rock Star

We seem to have lost BBC TV Live broadcasts again via UnoTelly.

Alan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:05 pm 
Regular

Alan, why not just get a Mag box?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:21 am 
Top of the pops

Unlocator and SmartDNSProxy are both working :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:51 am 
Rock Star

Holitec

Thanks, we have a mag box but like to watch via BBC I Player for the sub-titles as we often find we can't quite hear what is being said in drama programmes especially when there is background music.

Regards

Alan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:06 pm 
Rock Star

BBC I Player is back today showing live TV Programmes via Unotelly.

Thank You, Unotelly.

Alan
:banana

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:02 pm 
Junior

Yes!!!! I discovered the return BBC IPlayer via Unotelly yesterday and duly got an email confirming the same today - happy days, but for how long I wonder?!? Either way I will be making the most of it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:48 am 
Idol

Without finding solutions then the vpn/dns suppliers would go out of business.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:24 am 
Junior

No BBC IPlayer via Uno Telly again.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:15 am 

The BBC are getting VERY good at blocking VPN's

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:30 pm 
Rock Star

Just had a look, lost it again......................for now.

Alan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:46 am 
Idol

Where did you have it last?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:22 pm 
Top of the pops

Cannot understand why people are not purchasing Film on subscription for 14.95euros per month. Is 50cents a day too much to have all the tv channels, including being able to have catch up tv, and many, many stations with no buffering? Personally I could not be bothered to keep "ducking and diving" to get tv.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:56 pm 
Regular

A cheaper option is to get a MAG 250/254 and subscribe for €6 per month, and cancel when you do not need it. 7-14 days catchup on many channels and more choice than filmon, plus radio stations, and a videoclub for movies. Click on the uktv banner ad on this site.

Digby

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:05 pm 
Top of the pops

holitec wrote:
A cheaper option is to get a MAG 250/254 and subscribe for €6 per month, and cancel when you do not need it. 7-14 days catchup on many channels and more choice than filmon, plus radio stations, and a videoclub for movies. Click on the uktv banner ad on this site.

Digby

And how much do you have to pay for the MAG box?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:45 am 
Regular

Currently, €99 including 1 month at the full channel package (normally €22 per month)

They are available at most computer shops as well.

Regards

Digby

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:06 pm 
Top of the pops

So, at the full channel price, which is equivalent to subscription on Filmon, is more expensive, and have to pay 99euros for a box?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:19 pm 
Rock Star

Wavy Dave wrote:
Cannot understand why people are not purchasing Film on subscription for 14.95euros per month. Is 50cents a day too much to have all the tv channels, including being able to have catch up tv, and many, many stations with no buffering? Personally I could not be bothered to keep "ducking and diving" to get tv.

Is it possible to have Filmon without the use of a Tablet/Smartfone/PC/Laptop?
i.e. is there a "box" I can purchase that connects both HD to my TV, and to the ADSL Broadband, OTHER than a MAG Box? And which can be programmed for any IPTV stations, incl Filmon.
Amos.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:09 pm 
Regular

MY PRIVATE NETWORK. I pay 4.97 sterling a month via Pay pal for this VPN? Have it installed on 3 separate devices with no problems. And we watch TV via mag 250 box paying 20 euros a month for every possible channel and 14 day catch up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:22 pm 
Top of the pops

exodus wrote:
Wavy Dave wrote:

i.e. is there a "box" I can purchase that connects both HD to my TV, and to the ADSL Broadband, OTHER than a MAG Box? And which can be programmed for any IPTV stations, incl Filmon.
Amos.

Sorry Amos, but not qualified enough to answer your question. I can only relate to my situation. Had a MYGICA box from Premier Electrics some 18 months ago. When Filmon started playing up, I subscribed to the monthly subscription, and through that box I have all British tv + other nations if I wanted it, plus full catch-up, and thousands of movies, and also all Sky Sports. May I suggest you go into a Premier Electrics showroom in Paphos (one on the Coral Bay Road and the other at the top of Mesoyi Road), as they are very helpful, and will give a demonstration.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:42 am 
Rock Star

Wavy Dave wrote:
exodus wrote:
Wavy Dave wrote:

Amos.

Sorry Amos, but not qualified enough to answer your question. I can only relate to my situation. Had a MYGICA box from Premier Electrics some 18 months ago. When Filmon started playing up, I subscribed to the monthly subscription, and through that box I have all British tv + other nations if I wanted it, plus full catch-up, and thousands of movies, and also all Sky Sports. May I suggest you go into a Premier Electrics showroom in Paphos (one on the Coral Bay Road and the other at the top of Mesoyi Road), as they are very helpful, and will give a demonstration.

Thank you very much for that good advice - I will give them a visit.
Amos.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 am 
Junior

I almost dare not mention it for fear of jinxing the situation....returned from five days away in UK to find that BBC IPlayer via Unotelly has returned! Very happy!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:41 pm 
Junior

Oh dear, I spoke too soon...gone again.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body