Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:36 am 

Coral Bay ‘Strip’ traffic closure on Tuesday 1 August

The European Capital of Culture – Pafos2017 and the Municipality of Pegeia present the authentic and diverse rhythms of Cuban music, from the second generation of the legendary Buena Vista Social Club.
Organisers hope this event will turn into a Salsa dancing street party and to facilitate this, the Coral Bay Strip will be closed to all traffic from approx. lunchtime on Tuesday 1 August until at least midnight
A very large area between the Neptune Hotel / apartments and Philippos has been cleared to act as a car park. The road is scheduled to be closed from the roundabout at the start of the strip down to the road leading to the Crown Resorts hotel.
Current information suggest the band will be ‘set up’ at the junction between Cleos and Lefkanto
Attachment:
cuban.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:21 pm 
Top of the pops

Thanks Dave, useful for me that day!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:36 pm 
Rock Star

Could they not leave the road from the roundabout to Kikkos open and it would allow the parking at the rear of the shops to be used.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:26 pm 
Top of the pops

Sounds like it is going to be a great Salsa Street Party

And excellent news for all of the local bars and restaurants

Doing it the way that they have done it will mean that ALL of the businesses will benefit
well done Peyia Council

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:28 am 

zorbathejock wrote:
Could they not leave the road from the roundabout to Kikkos open and it would allow the parking at the rear of the shops to be used.

Phone the Mayor and ask him :grin: It took me long enough just to find out the road was being closed and car parking made available :doh
They have cleared 2 fields between Philippos and the Neptune Hotel / Apartments for parking

I STILL haven't found out where / how they are routing the busses but suspect it will be past the front of Philippos

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:59 pm 
Junior

looks great - wish I was there :pint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:59 pm 
Rock Star

Apparently the salsa band isn't on till 8pm. I hope there is entertainment before then or it seems a long time to close the street. Despite my apparent criticisms, I think it great that we are getting some events to entertain the tourists and locals alike. Maybe next year we shall see the return of Carnival to Coral Bay and Pegeia.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:05 pm 

zorbathejock wrote:
Apparently the salsa band isn't on till 8pm. I hope there is entertainment before then or it seems a long time to close the street. Despite my apparent criticisms, I think it great that we are getting some events to entertain the tourists and locals alike. Maybe next year we shall see the return of Carnival to Coral Bay and Pegeia.

The CUBAN 'Salsa' Band aren't on till 9 pm (21:00hrs) (see poster in opening thread) There is another band opening for them + things happening before

There is a change to the road closure times.. :doh .how's your Greek :grin:
Attachment:
20479596_949548128516991_7054097641727574362_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body