Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:47 pm 
Master

Peyia, Coral Bay, St Georges, Cyprus shared Phoenix Ambulance Service's post.
9 hrs ·

Phoenix Ambulance Service
22 hrs ·
ANNOUNCEMENT
NORMAL AMBULANCE SERVICE IN CONJUNCTION WITH BLUE CROSS & ST GEORGES HOSPITALS
WILL OFFICIALLY COMMENCE ON 01 AUGUST 2017
FROM OUR ORIGINAL BASE IN KISSONEGRA
NEW EMERGENCY NUMBER 77 77 8112

Posted on this FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/peyiaincyprus/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 pm 
Forum Admin

Hmmmmm ! ..? Again ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:50 pm 
Star

I noticed some ambulances out side KISSONEGRA office , yesterday .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:29 pm 
Star

Mmmmm,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:47 pm 
Top of the pops

Brilliant John. Mucho luck x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:59 pm 
Top of the pops

Or even KISSONERGA!

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 pm 
Rock Star

Neil & Vine sum it up well, if this time it is genuine then good luck we need this type of service.
That said I want more information as to the mechanics of this service, also what about the folk who had already paid before it went under, too many questions at the moment.
As they say once bitten twice shy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:48 pm 
Regular

Low voltage if you use the link provided and go back a bit you will find a much fuller explanation from John and Phoenix. He states that all previous customers of Phoenix will be fully covered by this new venture until their expiry date. He also states that the price will remain the same.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:56 am 
Rock Star

Hello Poppytim, not a Facebook user and do not intend to start now, like me most users are selective as to where we get our information.
What John should do is post his comments on here as he did when he announced the demise caused by the merger with Evangelismos.
If you look at his last postings he was very scathing about members replies (genuine concerns), even attacked Neil which was not good, so to gain trust again come on here and explain his new approach and the funding because he said he was broke, explain where the ambulances come from as the ones he had now belong to the Evangelismos, again too many questions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:52 am 
Idol

For up to date information just go to PHOENIX AMBULANCE SERVICE on Facebook.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:07 am 
Regular

He said he would not post on here again after the abuse he received ,why should he?
If you want to know about the ambulances then it is all in his post. You don't have to be a member of facebook to follow the link. If he attacked Neil it was because Neil attacked him.
I was not a member of Phoenix although I have been in previous years. I am not a particular supporter nor have I an axe to grind but no one has a right to tell John where he should post. There is nothing at all wrong with facebook and it can be very informative if used selectively.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:54 am 
Just a thought how do the majority of people living here manage, without Private Ambulances?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:38 am 
Idol

COYS wrote:
Just a thought how do the majority of people living here manage, without Private Ambulances?

Given the choice I would rather be transported to hospital in a private ambulance with a trained paramedic rather than a state ambulance without one. I might just then arrive at the hospital alive rather than dead!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:02 pm 
Regular

Friday morning. "The mystery deepens". I apologize if I repeat some information but thought I would voice my thoughts. We have been members some 10-12years, following Sophie's, Houston and Phoenix. Always been happy with the service when we have called he ambulance. Since this recent debacle with the Evangelismos, we had nearly decided to cancel our membership and go with the government ambulance now residing in Pegia. I have been trying to get a contract out of them. Yesterday I was visited by 2 employees of Evangelismos, one a former employee of Phoenix. They were checking GPS location ing. They assured me their service WOULD take me to the General!!!!!!they left me with a document showing their new membership rates. At this point I had more or less decided to cancel as the cost had increased. Now this morning I am faced with this new information that Phoenix is operating again from August 1 st. I wonder if anyone has had cause to call the government ambulance in Pegia, and would appreciate their observations and comments from anyone in the same dilemma as me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:20 pm 
Old Twister wrote:
COYS wrote:

Given the choice I would rather be transported to hospital in a private ambulance with a trained paramedic rather than a state ambulance without one. I might just then arrive at the hospital alive rather than dead!

You get a Guarantee of that do you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:49 pm 
Junior

An absolute farce, one minute Phoenix is part of the Evangelismos Hospital, the next it's part of the Blue Cross/St George's Hospital.
Too many unanswered questions, and I for one, will not be renewing my membership.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:26 pm 
Graduate

COYS wrote:
Old Twister wrote:
COYS wrote:

You get a Guarantee of that do you?

Like you, given the doubt cast on the ACTUAL qualifications of " Paramedics " in the previous thread I would want to see some Certification before I signed anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:32 pm 
Major

Once again I am posting in defence of my Character and Honesty especially for lowvoltage

Below is what Neil wrote and my reply to him one line only in bold all the rest is fact and anyone can come and check.

Before anyone signs up with Phoenix they are more than welcome to visit, check our qualifications and have a look round what was then our very well equipped vehicles, they were also well maintained and I have the invoices to prove that also.

We do not hard sell membership

I have tracked back through my previous posts and nowhere can I find any that I was scathing to people in my replies or Neil

'' WE FORMED A NEW COMPANY CALLED EV H PHOENIX'' no selling, no amalgamation with EVH, no TAKEOVER, no ACQUISITION

Nobody should have even known of the change as Phoenix was to continue as before, that lasted until the ink on the New Company Registration was dry

We had over 500 entries for subscribers majority of these were for couples,

I made the correct decision for the right reasons with the wrong Hospital

For more information please contact me by E Mail

FROM NEIL

john , you must have been given some kind of payments from
each time you sold the ambulance service , first from when you sold out to unity
and the second time from the evangilsimos ,,
will you be starting up again and selling it on a few more years down the line again ??.

My Reply

Neil I am disgusted that you posted that I must be making money by selling on companies

Houston Medical was supposed to be a joint venture as I had reached my limit of money input and turned into a takeover rip off for which I am still owed a total of €16,000 in salary

I was approached by the Business Development Manager of EVH to form a new company with them, I had refused to do this 3 times over the last 5 years, he has since left, a new company EV H Phoenix was formed this was done because there are changes coming to the laws regarding ambulances, crews etc, also to safeguard the staff and we keep the name, so the umbrella cover of a hospital seemed a very good idea.

I have gone from MD 100% owner with no salary, never taken one ever to a director of EV H Phoenix with 20% shares, promised a Directors salary whatever that maybe, instead I was Operations Manager without an office from day 1 at €1,500 per month, perhaps dividends at year end who knows, as I have resigned as ops manager my next step is to resign as a director.

I have accounts from 2016 that will show JWT CEO LOAN column to Phoenix in the range of €5-8,000 a month to ensure staff were paid on time, and a REPAID COLUMN JWT CEO that never managed to reach the amount paid in, anyone that wants to check those feel free, Bob Townson and Johnathan Anderson can also confirm this statement, plus my accountant he thinks I am crazy for doing this in the first place.

I will also make my personal bank and credit card statements available to anyone that would like further proof

Once again I reached my money input level as I no longer work away offshore, in gold mines or on survey ships since September 2015, by year end 2017 I would be bankrupt personally

Once people have read this I will be taking myself off PP, to have my Integrity and honesty questioned by the owner or anyone else for that matter is disgraceful to say the least

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:58 am 
Regular

May I just remind people on this forum on how helpful John has always been and often offered help and assistance. I remember a few years ago when Jean ( past moderator now returned to the UK) urgently needed a nebuliser and was immediately offered the loan of one by John. There have been numerous other occasions of offers to help and all I can say is that some people have short memories!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:03 am 
Rock Star

Once again I am posting in defence of my Character and Honesty especially for lowvoltage, this is an extract from what John has put on this site, well if you go on to read the rest of his reply he does not tell us anything new as from the last farce he posted when it was first sold.

I sent him a private message asking him to clarify a few points which he in my opinion has failed to do, one of the questions was about his qualifications, what are they and where did he get them. My reason for this was to establish his legitimacy in running what appears to be an honest service and to establish if his qualifications are legal here in Cyprus.

My daughter is high up in the legal medical system in the UK, she can check his credentials within minutes and she has agreed to do this for me. (obviously in strict confidence)
This check would establish once and for all if he is genuine which would stop the doubters, if he was not qualified expose him as a fraud, as yet he has not provided me any information.

Now for those who feel he does a good job, ask yourself one question, would you put your life in someone's hands who was not qualified, I would not, he may be a very nice genuine guy but mud sticks and doubts creep in.

My daughter also informed me he would have to come back to the UK once a year to renew his qualifications (too long a subject to explain here) I know the staff at Peyia medical centre do go back, if in doubt ask Nicky at Peyia medical centre.
John to help you and the members send me your details by PM, I will keep them in confidence and it will help resolve this issue.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:49 am 
Top of the pops

"John to help you and the members send me your details by PM, I will keep them in confidence and it will help resolve this issue"

Just to clarify, Im not sure on whose behalf you believe you are acting, but I for one have no wish to be included in this witch hunt.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:58 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
Once again I am posting in defence of my Character and Honesty especially for lowvoltage, this is an extract from what John has put on this site, well if you go on to read the rest of his reply he does not tell us anything new as from the last farce he posted when it was first sold.

I sent him a private message asking him to clarify a few points which he in my opinion has failed to do, one of the questions was about his qualifications, what are they and where did he get them. My reason for this was to establish his legitimacy in running what appears to be an honest service and to establish if his qualifications are legal here in Cyprus.

My daughter is high up in the legal medical system in the UK, she can check his credentials within minutes and she has agreed to do this for me. (obviously in strict confidence)
This check would establish once and for all if he is genuine which would stop the doubters, if he was not qualified expose him as a fraud, as yet he has not provided me any information.

Now for those who feel he does a good job, ask yourself one question, would you put your life in someone's hands who was not qualified, I would not, he may be a very nice genuine guy but mud sticks and doubts creep in.

My daughter also informed me he would have to come back to the UK once a year to renew his qualifications (too long a subject to explain here) I know the staff at Peyia medical centre do go back, if in doubt ask Nicky at Peyia medical centre.
John to help you and the members send me your details by PM, I will keep them in confidence and it will help resolve this issue.

Qualifications can be checked via the HCPC, for confirmation of a paramedic's CPD and E-Portfolio.
I have a relative who is frequently involved with tribunals there.
One does not have to ask a competitor for information !
I don't think that a paramedic, who has worked for many years on oil rigs, would not be qualified.
Thompson, Townson and Anderson .... All three registered until 1/9/2019.
I hope this clears any queries ( unless you don't believe me either). :banghead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:49 pm 
Top of the pops

Poppytim wrote:
May I just remind people on this forum on how helpful John has always been and often offered help and assistance. I remember a few years ago when Jean ( past moderator now returned to the UK) urgently needed a nebuliser and was immediately offered the loan of one by John. There have been numerous other occasions of offers to help and all I can say is that some people have short memories!

:congrats :goodpost :clap :clap

John has always been a gentleman to deal with over the years

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:54 pm 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
"John to help you and the members send me your details by PM, I will keep them in confidence and it will help resolve this issue"

Just to clarify, Im not sure on whose behalf you believe you are acting, but I for one have no wish to be included in this witch hunt.

Totally agree Jacs

This is now going too far and low voltage is not asking on my behalf either

John provided an excellent ambulance service to our community a service that saved my life and others, the relief to know that our family was also covered by their service as they where out and about around Paphos was brilliant

Sadly there are now people on this forum who are here only to destroy and not uplift

John we wish you well

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:09 pm 
Regular

And you really expect John to reply to your e mails when you come on this forum and cast aspersions on his character low voltage?

Thanks for the confirmation SFD

Whether or not anyone decides to go with the General Ambulance or private is a matter only they can decide having regard to all the FACTS they investigate for themselves.

What I would say however,going off topic, is that Cyprus does very well in cancer treatment but they are far behind in cancer screening. Since returning to live in the UK in February we have been offered bowel,breast and cervical cancer screening which is not freely available from the General and only accessed as far as I am aware privately in Cyprus. This is so important and I would urge everyone to consider paying for this screening as in Cyprus the onus is on you to get this done.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:33 pm 
Rock Star

Poppytim, lets not go down this road, you have really no idea what the contents of PM I sent John, till you do please reserve judgement. but for your info it was a double edged question that also could help with funding, also the questions I asked him were polite concise and non inflammatory.

Now if other members take the time to read my post it does say a honest service, now if I am trying to destroy him I would not say that.
What Neil once said to me is, A PM is what it is, personal and unless I or the recipient gives permission for it to be put on the forum then it stays personal.

In my PM to John I asked could I help him do stop the doubters, if he provides information to these questions I have other channels that will help him.

He states that he is broke, then I can open doors that will get him funding, this will only happen if he proves he is genuine, the people that I use will ask the same questions I have asked, so if I get the information now it will save time.

I hope this answers your response to my post's - Lets try and save this service.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:51 pm 
Graduate

SFD suggested that we could check Credentials on the HCPC Register, which I did. The only Paramedic I could find was a John M Thompson, indeed registered till 1/9/2019 but he is in Carlisle and the John Thompson here is John W Thompson - where am I going wrong ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:59 pm 
Top of the pops

Hermes wrote:
SFD suggested that we could check Credentials on the HCPC Register, which I did. The only Paramedic I could find was a John M Thompson, indeed registered till 1/9/2019 but he is in Carlisle and the John Thompson here is John W Thompson - where am I going wrong ?

Why not contact John and ask him where he registered ?
Bit of a coincidence if another Mr. Thompson registered on exactly the same day as the other two named ... Don't you think ? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:06 pm 
Graduate

Perhaps I could and ask him, at the same time why he changed his middle name.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:32 pm 
Rock Star

Low Voltage where did John ever say that he was broke? He did not. What he said was that if he had carried on putting his own money into the business then he would have been bankrupt. The emphasis on IF and WOULD HAVE BEEN. I'm sure you can see the difference?

He has now amalgamated( if that is the right word} with the Blue Cross who have the ambulances if you had bothered to read what he had written on the Peyia facebook page and so it appears that he does not require your help or financial assistance if that is really what you were offering?

Perhaps if you have all the right contacts and links you could set up the service yourself?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:21 pm 
Rock Star

You don't speak for me either.

Alan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:22 pm 
Rock Star

Bossyboots, again another person who reads Facebook and believes everything it says, I for one do not read drivel and silly comments.
Now, I am not qualified to set up this service also if you look at Johns post he says he will be or could be broke by the end of 2017, we were prepared to help him.

As for my offer to help the guy there are two organisations that I belong to who would have helped, it is people like you who put us off, your comments have been read by one of the senior members and he is surprised, he rang me and said not to continue with this act of faith we do not need the hassle factor.
As for speaking for others we do not and would not so where those comments from Alan come from I do not know.
Either way John if you do read this sorry my friend I cannot help, all we wanted was your qualifications on Monday I will send you a PM fully explaining why and who the organisations are.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:03 pm 
Regular

I cannot let your post go Low voltage as you assume far too much. I do not read drivel on facebook and the post I was referring to was actually written by John himself.
I do find facebook a usefool tool if used sensibly. It can help find lost animals and also highlight the plight of the terrible animal cruelty in Cyprus and promotes the various animal charities who work so hard to rescue animals. It also highlights many other charities and help that is available such as PASYKAF for one so don't you dare assume I read drivel.
Re John being broke,look again he said if he had continued putting money into the business he would have been bankrupt by the end of this year and that is why he stopped so it sounds to me that he is not broke,not that it is any of my or indeed anyone elses business.
And now you are trying to blame me for your "friends" no longer being willing to help John - get a life!! And if you don't know what Alan is talking about then you are being deliberately obtuse but I will spell it out for you. He agrees with George,Migmogs,myself etc who do not wish you to speak for us. Is that clear enough for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:23 pm 
Forum Admin

I think the simple answer would be just for john to
photo his certificate and post a picture on here ,,
that would put every ones mind at rest..
Rather than bickering .

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Can't agree, Johns business affairs are between him and his clients. Any prospective clients can and should check out his credentials face to face. Nothing whatsoever to do with this forum or members here. (Any more than your credentials Neil!!)
The only person raising this as an issue is lowvoltage and he had no right to presume to speak for anyone else, let alone members here. This is not an issue for public discussion but for prospective members to raise with John at the appropriate time.

Perhaps some members should start exploring the qualifications and accreditation for ambulance staff used by the General Hospital and other private hospitals. Some sharp intakes of breath will be heard I suspect.

Outside of any service run by John I would always advocate getting the patient into a private car and transporting them to the hospital of choice - General or private. Quicker, which may actually save the life of the patient.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:02 pm 
Rock Star

It used to be in
Pegeia, oh! Your relation is dying, meet the ambulance at the Police station and we will follow you to your residence.

Alan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:37 pm 
George wrote:
Can't agree, Johns business affairs are between him and his clients. Any prospective clients can and should check out his credentials face to face. Nothing whatsoever to do with this forum or members here. (Any more than your credentials Neil!!)
The only person raising this as an issue is lowvoltage and he had no right to presume to speak for anyone else, let alone members here. This is not an issue for public discussion but for prospective members to raise with John at the appropriate time.

Perhaps some members should start exploring the qualifications and accreditation for ambulance staff used by the General Hospital and other private hospitals. Some sharp intakes of breath will be heard I suspect.

Outside of any service run by John I would always advocate getting the patient into a private car and transporting them to the hospital of choice - General or private. Quicker, which may actually save the life of the patient.

Surely the moment someone posts on a public forum, it becomes everyone's business.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:41 pm 
Top of the pops

Can I just say lowvoltage...who on earth in their right mind....would want to do business with you ...when you air and criticize everything about a business on an open forum! I am stunned and gobsmacked by the unethical way that you conduct yourself

In fact I have never come across anything so absolutely unbuisness like ever before

Business talks are for private chats ...not open forums!

John...you have no reason to answer to this forum or any other forum for who and what you are.

May your new business venture do well and continue to save lives in Paphos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:59 am 
Graduate

I have just been reading a locked thread on PL and a post by PARAMED in which he states that he has never been an HCPC registered Paramedic [ he says HSPC which I presume is a typo ]

He gives his experience, which is vast and impressive but then asks " who are the NHS to say I cannot use the name PARAMEDIC " I'll let you fill in your own answer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:19 am 
Forum Admin

Hermes wrote:
I have just been reading a locked thread on PL and a post by PARAMED in which he states that he has never been an HCPC registered Paramedic [ he says HSPC which I presume is a typo ]

He gives his experience, which is vast and impressive but then asks " who are the NHS to say I cannot use the name PARAMEDIC " I'll let you fill in your own answer

So .... what I think i am saying is correct , please put me right if you think not,
He has used the name "PARAMED" on this forum for almost ten years and has never at any time told anyone that he is not a qualified paramedic , that in itself stinks of deception to me ..

He then goes on to say.........
" who are the NHS to say I cannot use the name PARAMEDIC "

They are the same people who tell me I cant call myself a doctor .. JESUS LORD!!

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:47 am 
Regular

Well of course he has said he is not a registeref Paramedic - Hermes has referred you to his post on PL where he states his qualifications and experience.
Another ExPat witch hunt - you disgust me and please ban me Neil along with all the others. I have been a member of this forum for over 10 years but no longer and I sincerely wish you have no members left who gang up to destroy people.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:15 pm 
Forum Admin

Poppytim wrote:
Well of course he has said he is not a registeref Paramedic - Hermes has referred you to his post on PL where he states his qualifications and experience.
Another ExPat witch hunt - you disgust me and please ban me Neil along with all the others. I have been a member of this forum for over 10 years but no longer and I sincerely wish you have no members left who gang up to destroy people.

YES ! He has stated it on another forum ,,, AFTER 10 YEARS WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE!!
:doh

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:44 pm 

Para

a prefix appearing in loanwords from Greek, most often attached to verbs and verbal derivatives, with the meanings “at or to one side of, beside, side by side” ( parabola; paragraph; parallel; paralysis), “beyond, past, by” ( paradox; paragogue); by extension from these senses, this prefix came to designate objects or activities auxiliary to or derivative of that denoted by the base word ( parody; paronomasia), and hence abnormal or defective ( paranoia), a sense now common in modern scientific coinages ( parageusia; paralexia). As an English prefix, para- 1, may have any of these senses; it is also productive in the naming of occupational roles considered ancillary or subsidiary to roles requiring more training, or of a higher status, on such models as paramedical, (A person who is trained to give emergency medical treatment or assist medical professionals) and paraprofessional: paralegal; paralibrarian; parapolice.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:51 pm 
Forum Admin

I think a few on here , may even want to send a "I am sorry "
PM to lowvoltage , it seems he was right after all to question John`s qualifications !

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:10 pm 
Top of the pops

Neil wrote:
I think a few on here , may even want to send a "I am sorry "
PM to lowvoltage , it seems he was right after all to question John`s qualifications !

Sorrow could be on the other side .... and cost a lot ! .... ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:40 pm 
Top of the pops

Not me Neil, lowvoltage chose to pursue a witch hunt, in public. Not acceptable, should be between him and John, off board. To also imply that he was acting on behalf of members was also unacceptable. One should never assume, it just makes 'a small donkey' of u and me.

I have always respected John for the professionalism and zeal he brought to his job, and
Migmogs has listed here how she is convinced he (or his team) saved her life, I do wonder just how many other lives he has saved in his time here with no recognition whatsoever. All time for which has been given freely. Do you work for nothing Neil? Suspect thats a no, I wouldn't either, unlike John who cares so deeply about his profession that he's spent so many years here doing just that.

We seem to be getting knickers in knots about Paramedics, strange when they are (apparently)not recognised in Cyprus (albeit it doesn't stop the Evangelismos boasting that they actually have Paramedics on their [Johns] ambulances). Does that stop the General manning its ambulances with a driver and an assistant who could have walked straight off a building site with no medical qualifications whatsoever and won't even lift a patient off the floor to a trolley or carry-chair!! (I do actually have a neighbour who drives an ambulance, he has no medical qualifications whatsoever. He is a kind and caring man who I know will do all he can to help, but that's not what's needed in a medical emergency) Does it stop the Evangelismos superceding John and staffing his ambulances with barely qualified nurses, never mind Paramedics??

This discussion could run forever, but I feel some need to take stock of what John has strived to do for the time he has been here, the lives he and his team have saved, the professionalism he and his team have brought to the ambulance service here, and also the proactive response it has engendered in the local hospitals, including the General.

If I could choose one person to respond in an emergency for either me or my granddaughter I would have no hesitation in nominating John, with or without the proclaimed Paramedic tag.

In Paphos at the current time there is no on call service to supersede him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:57 pm 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
Not me Neil, lowvoltage chose to pursue a witch hunt, in public. Not acceptable, should be between him and John, off board. To also imply that he was acting on behalf of members was also unacceptable. One should never assume, it just makes 'a small donkey' of u and me.

I have always respected John for the professionalism and zeal he brought to his job, and
Migmogs has listed here how she is convinced he (or his team) saved her life, I do wonder just how many other lives he has saved in his time here with no recognition whatsoever. All time for which has been given freely. Do you work for nothing Neil? Suspect thats a no, I wouldn't either, unlike John who cares so deeply about his profession that he's spent so many years here doing just that.

We seem to be getting knickers in knots about Paramedics, strange when they are (apparently)not recognised in Cyprus (albeit it doesn't stop the Evangelismos boasting that they actually have Paramedics on their [Johns] ambulances). Does that stop the General manning its ambulances with a driver and an assistant who could have walked straight off a building site with no medical qualifications whatsoever and won't even lift a patient off the floor to a trolley or carry-chair!! (I do actually have a neighbour who drives an ambulance, he has no medical qualifications whatsoever. He is a kind and caring man who I know will do all he can to help, but that's not what's needed in a medical emergency) Does it stop the Evangelismos superceding John and staffing his ambulances with barely qualified nurses, never mind Paramedics??

This discussion could run forever, but I feel some need to take stock of what John has strived to do for the time he has been here, the lives he and his team have saved, the professionalism he and his team have brought to the ambulance service here, and also the proactive response it has engendered in the local hospitals, including the General.

If I could choose one person to respond in an emergency for either me or my granddaughter I would have no hesitation in nominating John, with or without the proclaimed Paramedic tag.

George, we don't always agree.
However, with this, we do !
Drivers could be just the equivalent of taxi drivers
Not many nurses have the paramedic qualifications for trauma management ... and the 'hit & miss' option of an accompanying doctor would not compensate for a nurse not able to deal with trauma, should a paramedic not be available either.
I have had personal assistance, for a family member, from John's services and a considerable connection on the professional side, too.
It would seem that only one person appears to have checked the HCPC website, which I suggested (and only for one name .... not the combined three which are stated above)..... or checked with John for it's accuracy (spelling errors in names, registration area ?).
To besmirch someone, without proof, can lead to a whole lot of trouble (especially when put into print).

Last edited by SFD on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:04 pm 
Graduate

SFD wrote:
George wrote:

I have had personal assistance, for a family member, from John's services and a considerable connection on the professional side, too.
It would seem that only one person appears to have checked the HCPC website, which I suggested (and only for one name .... not the combined three which are stated above)..... or checked with John for it's accuracy (spelling errors in names, registration area ?).
To besmirch someone, without proof, can lead to a whole lot of trouble (especially when put into print).

Can I refer you to my post above Re John's PL post where he admits that he has never been a registered HCSC Paramedic. I think that is proof !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:14 pm 
Top of the pops

Hermes wrote:
SFD wrote:
George wrote:

Can I refer you to my post above Re John's PL post where he admits that he has never been a registered HCSC Paramedic. I think that is proof !

HCSC (Health Care Service Corporation) is an American Insurance Company. Why would he be a member ? He is British.
Try HCPC (The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) .... which is an independent, UK-wide regulatory body responsible for setting and maintaining standards of professional training).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:18 pm 
Top of the pops

John employed Paramedics

Last edited by migmogs on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body