Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:53 am 
Top of the pops

Whats the point in the pm system being requested by sellers for pictures etc when they don't then follow it through, I have responded to 2 recently and neither has gone on to respond.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:26 pm 
Forum Admin

Me also ,, are we trying to buy the same thing

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:10 pm 
Top of the pops

I could be 'grateful' to buy some pots.

Had some crackers before but wife managed to cook the bottoms out..... literally.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:00 am 

Quote:
I could be 'grateful' to buy some pots.

Had some crackers before but wife managed to cook the bottoms out..... literally.

Hi Tanny - check your inbox! B

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:20 am 
Top of the pops

Thanks B, waiting for the pix they did not arrive.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:45 pm 
Top of the pops

I understand what you are saying Tanny. I say that, because when a person asks for advice, and you send it through a pm, I find it to be so discourteous when that person doesn't even bother to reply to you. :-(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:28 pm 

Quote:

My pm advised that I would post the pics this pm. It's only 15.26 now! However, I have replied to you and advise all you others out there that the pics are too big for me to post to the advert and will need to send them by separate e-mails.

I would like to say that you are all very critical of a new "starter" to this website since I have not used it before and find it rather difficult to understand without any helpful "user" guidlines.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:38 pm 
Top of the pops

B, you are absolutely welcome, one thing we have learnt over the period is that action on pm's for buying and selling must be prompt, all too often a pm used and by the time we ask the item is sold, or delays in replying mean they don't sell.

I am sure one of the techy types will be along shortly to tell you how to upload a picture onto a pm.

In the meantime feel welcome and carry on posting.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:55 pm 
Top of the pops

bizzyb wrote:
Quote:

My pm advised that I would post the pics this pm. It's only 15.26 now! However, I have replied to you and advise all you others out there that the pics are too big for me to post to the advert and will need to send them by separate e-mails.

I would like to say that you are all very critical of a new "starter" to this website since I have not used it before and find it rather difficult to understand without any helpful "user" guidlines.

Just to clarify to you bizzyb, my posting was in no way connected with yours. I was merely generalizing of trying to help others who requested information, and never bothered acknowledging the efforts put into a pm.
As Tanny has said, welcome to the site and look forward to your postings. :greetings

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:25 pm 
Top of the pops

I cannot understand for the life of me why people who are interested in purchasing something someone has advertised for sale and given a pretty good discription, price etc cannot get in their cars and go and see them,The paphos district is hardly the size of Alaska.
It drove me nuts when I was selling up to come back to the UK why everbody needed photos of every knife a fork.
I could see the point of them wanting to know sizes etc but to me it is pure laziness not to just go and see the items if all information is given.
Not everybody is a computer whizz kid or even has a digital camera ability etc.
But one points is right, it is bad manners for the seller or the possible purchaser not to acknowledge a private message reply.
I had plenty of those and time wasters and people wanting stuff for nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:47 am 

Hey Tanny,
All that fuss about wanting pictures & offering to post them on the forum for me - you did mean this forum didn't you?
Are you offering balloon rides, you should, hot air rises!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:32 am 
Top of the pops

bizzyb wrote:
Hey Tanny,
All that fuss about wanting pictures & offering to post them on the forum for me - you did mean this forum didn't you?
Are you offering balloon rides, you should, hot air rises!

Was that neccessary? Think tanny was trying to be helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:09 pm 
Idol

beverley wrote:
I cannot understand for the life of me why people who are interested in purchasing something someone has advertised for sale and given a pretty good discription, price etc cannot get in their cars and go and see them,The paphos district is hardly the size of Alaska.
It drove me nuts when I was selling up to come back to the UK why everbody needed photos of every knife a fork.
I could see the point of them wanting to know sizes etc but to me it is pure laziness not to just go and see the items if all information is given.
But one points is right, it is bad manners for the seller or the possible purchaser not to acknowledge a private message reply.

And don't forget not all of us are able bodied or have cars. It is sometimes better to see the items in a photo before going to physically see them to make sure it is actually what is wanted and is in good condition rather than a wasted journey. You surely know good condition to one person means something entirely different to another.

We are not all lazy you know!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:23 pm 
Top of the pops

And here they are loaded, seem nice enough, will show them to the O/H later.
The large S/steel pot is sold ..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:15 pm 
Top of the pops

Tarrah wrote:
beverley wrote:

And don't forget not all of us are able bodied or have cars. It is sometimes better to see the items in a photo before going to physically see them to make sure it is actually what is wanted and is in good condition rather than a wasted journey. You surely know good condition to one person means something entirely different to another.

We are not all lazy you know!

I know why people want photos of items, it is to save wasted trips if they are not what you want but my point was that Paphos district is not so far to go that people could just make the effort to save the seller all the trouble of photographing everything if they do not have the capacity to do so.
I lost count of the people who demanded photos, sizes, description etc etc only to not even acknowledge it or not turn up or turn up and not buy anyway or offer half the asking price.
You would not ring Phillippos up and ask for a photo of his sausages would you so why do people do it when buying from a private seller at a fraction of the price you would pay new in a shop.

Last edited by beverley on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:53 pm 
Forum Admin

I just bought something from that lady,,
only because there was a picture :greetings

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:24 pm 
Idol

beverley wrote:

I stand by my comments Tarrah, if you are not able bodied and don't have a car then you would not be able to go and see them anyway so a photo would be irrelevant wouldn't it?

Nasty. You have your view, unfair and naive that it is, and a little discriminatory against disabled people who have to rely on others for help to go and purchase items for them, so NO, not irrelevant but I get the feeling you are not one to be argued with (someone who always believes they are right I think) so I will say no more on the matter as I am not a confrontational person. I just don't like injustice from people who choose not to understand difficulties some people suffer and help that they need. Bye.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:39 pm 
Idol

An item posted with a picture will always increase the possibility of reaching a sale. We're all familiar with that age old saying about pictures and words.....

Sellers often type the utmost crap when trying to offload their items - but the camera shouldn't lie (unless the image is doctored post-processing). If people don't like what they see at the outset, then they don't look any further so no time wasted on either side from a seller and buyers' point of view.

Posting a picture saves wasting time answering numerous questions by PM. As does indicating size (dimensions etc) of said object.

Also remember it's easier to haggle via a PM or email than face to face and one of the reasons why people will also not go to look at an item until they know there may be a bit of wriggle room available on the eventual price.

If as a seller you don't want to haggle - then state it's Fixed Price only or Non-negotiable.
Saves time all round for everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:54 pm 
Forum Admin

Tarrah wrote:
beverley wrote:

I stand by my comments Tarrah, if you are not able bodied and don't have a car then you would not be able to go and see them anyway so a photo would be irrelevant wouldn't it?

Nasty. You have your view, unfair and naive that it is, and a little discriminatory against disabled people who have to rely on others for help to go and purchase items for them, so NO, not irrelevant but I get the feeling you are not one to be argued with (someone who always believes they are right I think) so I will say no more on the matter as I am not a confrontational person. I just don't like injustice from people who choose not to understand difficulties some people suffer and help that they need. Bye.

I bought from that lady on the strength of the picture (no car involved)
She live up the hill , and is bringing it to me ... so whether i had a car or not was irrelivent ..
just saying

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:12 pm 
Top of the pops

Tarrah wrote:
beverley wrote:

I have edited my post because when i used the words regarding disibilities it was not a personal comment it was a general one. However, I apologise if it offended you, it was not meant to as I myself am disabled and need a great deal of support so do not treat the subject lightly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:47 am 
Rock Star

What a to-do!
Kettle calling pan black is appropriate I think. :crylaughin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:01 pm 
Star

beverley wrote:
Tarrah wrote:
beverley wrote:

I have edited my post because when i used the words regarding disibilities it was not a personal comment it was a general one. However, I apologise if it offended you, it was not meant to as I myself am disabled and need a great deal of support so do not treat the subject lightly.

I can see that moving back to the UK hasn't cheered you up one bit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:12 am 
I comprehend what you are stating Tanny. I say that, since when a man requests exhortation, and you send it through a pm, I observe it to be so inconsiderate when that individual doesn't significantly try to answer to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:20 pm 
Top of the pops

Has Emily Blunt been sending pm's and had no response.

I still have 2 sitting in my outbox where the poster asked for pm's......

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:57 pm 

No Tanny, just a TROLL

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body