The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:50 pm 
Forum Admin

Here is a man after my own heart , I know there are many Russaphobs
on here , But I do think this man has to be the best world leader of all time.
he has made russia great again and truely does want world peace..

https://www.rt.com/news/396452-kusturica-putin-gentleman-respect/

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:39 pm 
Star

Neil,glad to see you don't get all your news from the BBC (Beeb Back,s Corbynism) or the Guardian :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:18 pm 
Forum Admin

vine wrote:
Neil,glad to see you don't get all your news from the BBC (Beeb Back,s Corbynism) or the Guardian :roll:

what makes it worse ,, people pay a license fee every year to get fed rubbish ..
and have no choice in the matter ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:12 pm 
Top of the pops

vine wrote:

:clap :bearhug

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:28 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
he has made russia great again and truely does want world peace..

Er, that's some assumption Neil.

He seems he 'wants' more territory, if he can get it peacefully then it's obviously more economically viable than the cost of a war.

That IMHO is as far as his perceived 'pacifism' extends, given his background with the KGB.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:21 am 
Regular

I don't know much about his leadership skills, but his financial acumen must be incredible- he's taken his relatively modest "salary" and turned it into a fortune estimated between $10- $30 billion :shock: Lyudmila must have been pretty frugal with the housekeeping money too back in the day when she was Mrs Putin :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:20 pm 
Forum Admin

Ilex wrote:
I don't know much about his leadership skills, but his financial acumen must be incredible- he's taken his relatively modest "salary" and turned it into a fortune estimated between $10- $30 billion :shock: Lyudmila must have been pretty frugal with the housekeeping money too back in the day when she was Mrs Putin :lol:

I have never seen these figures posted anywhere , whats the source of this info
I would love to read it ??

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:38 pm 
Rock Star

Really Neil? Just google it....looks like Mr Putin has done rather well for himself..

http://time.com/money/4641093/vladimir-putin-net-worth/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 pm 
Forum Admin

Hudswell wrote:
Really Neil? Just google it....looks like Mr Putin has done rather well for himself..

http://time.com/money/4641093/vladimir-putin-net-worth/

all on the word of one so called insider , I thought you would do better than that..
not to mention President Putin dismisses this as complete rubbish

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 pm 
Regular

If the oligarch of oligarchs wasn't worth a few quid more than the other oligarchs then he would not be the oligarch of oligarchs for long :lol: That's a basic law of the jungle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm 
Forum Admin

Ilex wrote:
If the oligarch of oligarchs wasn't worth a few quid more than the other oligarchs then he would not be the oligarch of oligarchs for long :lol: That's a basic law of the jungle

they fear more about being thrown in prison (as many have been) than
they do about his made up wealth .
even our own Robin hood had to eat ..

he has taken the largest country in the world from its knees to now being a world leader,
america fear they , along with china, will crash them from the worlds currency leaders
using the BRICS, BY DROPPING THE PETRO DOLLER

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:08 am 
Rock Star

Come Neil, Putin leads his elite by fear...you accuse people of Putinophobia! When you are clearly besotted with the man! He doesn't lead, he dictates, a very clever man yes....but most psychopaths are..of course he has a fortune..he will hardly survive on his mind"state" pension will he? He is strong..yes...because one sign of weakness and he will be gone...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:49 am 
Forum Admin

Hudswell wrote:
Come Neil, Putin leads his elite by fear...you accuse people of Putinophobia! When you are clearly besotted with the man! He doesn't lead, he dictates, a very clever man yes....but most psychopaths are..of course he has a fortune..he will hardly survive on his mind"state" pension will he? He is strong..yes...because one sign of weakness and he will be gone...

I will take that as a compliment to the man... maybe our leaders should be as strong .

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:21 am 
Junior

I have always thought Putin a very clever and strong leader. Don't agree with his ideology but it seems that the majority of his people are better off with him which is the clear sign of a good leader. And compared to Trump................................ well I know who I would rather be with. :sunny

Lets just hope both of the leaders can reach some sort of consensus and stop the bloodshed in Cyprus's near neighbouring countries.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:29 am 
Top of the pops

Topgun wrote:
He seems he 'wants' more territory, if he can get it peacefully then it's obviously more economically viable than the cost of a war.
On what basis do you make that statement? The only territory that is contentious in this regard is Crimea and that would not have been necessary had not the EU and the US sought to expand eastwards and put Eastward facing missile systems on Russia's border. I don't think there can be much doubt that had Putin wanted to annex Ukraine, he could have done so relatively easily, and I very much doubt whether NATO would have been prepared to confront him over it.

If you really want to know what is going on with regard to Ukraine - see Peter Hitchin's lecture on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CNeDtZmpjU. If you want the Russian view, you might find Oliver Stone's Putin Interviews enlightening. They are well worth viewing.

You may not have noticed that the American inspired sanctions on Russia do not include gas from Russia, which lights half of Europe, or car sales from Germany. It's all for show and who cares if countries like Greece and Cyprus, with good trade with Russia, suffer from the fall out?

Sadly my Russian contact died a while back, but he reported that the sanctions were ineffective in terms of the lives of real people and Putin still enjoyed about 80% popularity. I'll miss the occasional bottle of fine vodka from Moscow :(

Frankly Putin's membership of the KGB or his later role in charge of the KGB and latterly the FSB does not make him a bad person. It does however imply a high degree of intelligence - as the interviews demonstrate all too clearly.

Take a look around the world at all the conflicts and tensions and look whose fingers are all over them. Clue: It is not Putin.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:15 pm 
Top of the pops

We have family in Crimea who have been there for many years and consider themselves Russian as do the vast majority. Many Russians actually hanker back towards a quasi communist state after seeing and experiencing the effect of free banking running loose. Putin is slowly arresting the unhindered rise of the banks and is well respected.

Frankly.... Putin, Trump, May, Merkel. I know who I consider to be the strongest and who could stand in front of me for support.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:02 pm 
Regular

Putin is indeed a ruthless and clever man, but I don't think he poses a threat to anyone except those of his fellow countrymen who step out of line

Leave Putin alone and don't interfere in what Russia considers to be it's sphere of influence and I can't see any problem with him (although he would not be my ideal choice as a "leader") The whole Ukraine/Crimea situation arose because of the EU helping to try overthrow a democratically elected government in an area that Russia considers vital to it's interests and security

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:28 pm 
Forum Admin

Ilex wrote:
Putin is indeed a ruthless and clever man, but I don't think he poses a threat to anyone except those of his fellow countrymen who step out of line

Leave Putin alone and don't interfere in what Russia considers to be it's sphere of influence and I can't see any problem with him (although he would not be my ideal choice as a "leader") The whole Ukraine/Crimea situation arose because of the EU helping to try overthrow a democratically elected government in an area that Russia considers vital to it's interests and security

good post :clap

He was never-ever going to let the black sea fleet lose its place ,
most of Crimea is populated with russians , so the vote to re-join Russia was in the bag before the off.
it was the west and america that planned the revolution to over throw victor yanacovich, when they decided not to go europes way ...

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:54 pm 
Top of the pops

KG wrote:
Topgun wrote:
On what basis do you make that statement? The only territory that is contentious in this regard is Crimea and that would not have been necessary had not the EU and the US sought to expand eastwards and put Eastward facing missile systems on Russia's border. I don't think there can be much doubt that had Putin wanted to annex Ukraine, he could have done so relatively easily, and I very much doubt whether NATO would have been prepared to confront him over it.

If you really want to know what is going on with regard to Ukraine - see Peter Hitchin's lecture on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CNeDtZmpjU. If you want the Russian view, you might find Oliver Stone's Putin Interviews enlightening. They are well worth viewing.

You may not have noticed that the American inspired sanctions on Russia do not include gas from Russia, which lights half of Europe, or car sales from Germany. It's all for show and who cares if countries like Greece and Cyprus, with good trade with Russia, suffer from the fall out?

Sadly my Russian contact died a while back, but he reported that the sanctions were ineffective in terms of the lives of real people and Putin still enjoyed about 80% popularity. I'll miss the occasional bottle of fine vodka from Moscow :(

Frankly Putin's membership of the KGB or his later role in charge of the KGB and latterly the FSB does not make him a bad person. It does however imply a high degree of intelligence - as the interviews demonstrate all too clearly.

Take a look around the world at all the conflicts and tensions and look whose fingers are all over them. Clue: It is not Putin.

:agree Very well said KG. Also, in relation to your last but one sentence, Absolutely agree. Putin has been blamed for virtually everything that has gone wrong over the past few years, including the shooting down of a passenger plane. However, the evidence has been ZERO, and I would say the USA, as per usual, has been stirring the pot for too long now, and with Trump now in charge, things can only get worse.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:54 pm 
Rock Star

Todays news Teresa May has tried to squash a back biting cabinet and tory party, she has said its her or Corbyn, now Putin would have sorted that out a long time ago. I have never met Putin and can only go off what the biased media say, which is as corrupt, but May or Putin hmm 30 nano seconds to think, the winner is PUTIN and I am a staunch Englishman and no communist. :uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 pm 
Forum Admin

lowvoltage wrote:
Todays news Teresa May has tried to squash a back biting cabinet and tory party, she has said its her or Corbyn, now Putin would have sorted that out a long time ago. I have never met Putin and can only go off what the biased media say, which is as corrupt, but May or Putin hmm 30 nano seconds to think, the winner is PUTIN and I am a staunch Englishman and no communist. :uk

He would soon put the UK back on its feet and there would be a few going to jail as well.
Rail , gas , water ,electric, and many more , would be returned to the country
and all these slugs that are milking the UK dry would be locked up..

And I am most certainly not a commie :grin:

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 pm 
Who would you want to have your back...Putin or May...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:39 pm 
Rock Star

Neil I totally agree with your post :clap :clap Coys sad to say it would be Mr Putin :uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:21 pm 
Rock Star

lowvoltage wrote:

Yes I have absolutely no doubt Putin would sort it out...imprisonment without a fair trial, a touch of targetted violence here and there...and a few disappearances....perhaps a radioactive tipped umbrella thrown into the mix....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:40 pm 
Star

Getting back to the subject again ( which no one seems to answere direct) if you think that Putin or the Argentinians would not take advantage of Corbyn getting in power you were certainly not top of your class in history.
But I guess we never learn off history.

Getting back to the subject,if you think that Putin or the Argentinians would not take advantage of Corbyn getting in power and leaving us defenceless then you where certainly not the top of your class in history.
But of course we never learn off history :roll:
Now where did I put that Carlsberg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:56 pm 
Rock Star

There are quite a few UK MP's that need to disappear.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 pm 
Forum Admin

vine wrote:
Getting back to the subject again ( which no one seems to answere direct) if you think that Putin or the Argentinians would not take advantage of Corbyn getting in power you were certainly not top of your class in history.
But I guess we never learn off history.

Getting back to the subject,if you think that Putin or the Argentinians would not take advantage of Corbyn getting in power and leaving us defenceless then you where certainly not the top of your class in history.
But of course we never learn off history :roll:
Now where did I put that Carlsberg

I was taught in my history class that The british won WW11

no one ever told us that if it were not for Russia , we would now all be speaking German
with blonde hair..
no one ever told us that the ruskies lost a lot more people during WW11 than anyone
and for every german that the brits killed the ruskies killed 6 ..
so ? who really won the second ww ? .

but hey-ho , history only tells you what they want you to know .. :greetings

some figures for anyone to view ..
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/53874410eab8ea7e59b36468-800-/wwii-losses.png&imgrefurl=http://www.businessinsider.com/percentage-of-countries-who-died-during-wwii-2014-5&h=466&w=800&tbnid=UB6ky-U882TjjM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=211&usg=__2WkxraOGhxUS4DXNxgJrlq23x4A=&vet=10ahUKEwiuhuSQvpPVAhVLtxQKHW8bCkoQ9QEIKzAA..i&docid=oNmvC6MP2Dd16M&client=firefox-b&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiuhuSQvpPVAhVLtxQKHW8bCkoQ9QEIKzAA

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:38 am 
Star

Neil,only yesterday the Royal Navy where sent out to escort Chinese warships carrying out drills with Russian forces in the English channel.What on earth will they test us with if Jeremy gets in power.
Not to worry I,m sure Jeremy will send out the British bulldog to defend us.Mmmm,trouble is it wont have any teeth :-(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:59 am 
Hudswell wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

Yes I have absolutely no doubt Putin would sort it out...imprisonment without a fair trial, a touch of targetted violence here and there...and a few disappearances....perhaps a radioactive tipped umbrella thrown into the mix....

And the British secret forces, have never bumped any one off? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:02 pm 
Forum Admin

vine wrote:
Neil,only yesterday the Royal Navy where sent out to escort Chinese warships carrying out drills with Russian forces in the English channel.What on earth will they test us with if Jeremy gets in power.
Not to worry I,m sure Jeremy will send out the British bulldog to defend us.Mmmm,trouble is it wont have any teeth :-(

Well ! I thought this was about, "is Putin a top world leader" , not about who would be a crap UK one..

I think if we spoke more with the russians and listened less to the americans , our back yard
(europe) would be a much safer place , instead of making ourselves possible targets by allowing america to put missiles on our territory ..

P.S
I never saw any news about russia/china conducting war games in the english channel ??
have you got a link.. ??

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:40 pm 
Star

Yes,try the Daily Mail online.Off course you will not see it on the BBC news or in the Guardian.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:01 pm 
Star

Or go to you tube and type in "Chinese warships in English channel"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:51 pm 
Forum Admin

vine wrote:
Yes,try the Daily Mail online.Off course you will not see it on the BBC news or in the Guardian.

Quote:
the Royal Navy where sent out to escort Chinese warships carrying out drills with Russian forces in the English channel.

Very clever ? ...
you worded it, that the ruskies and the chinese were conducting war drills in the english channel
(not true)
the chinese were escorted through the english channel by a british frigate
(which is normal) on its way to the baltic sea to conduct drills with the russians at a later date..

you should write for the british media , a very good play on words to make a non story
:greetings

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:40 pm 
Rock Star

COYS wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

And the British secret forces, have never bumped any one off? :roll:

Not that I know of....you may of course be privy to other information....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:41 am 
Rock Star

Ok Neilsky, I think we have your leanings sorted! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:57 am 
Top of the pops

Tell that to Tallulah!!!! :lol:

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:18 pm 
Forum Admin

Topgun wrote:

I lean towards the leaders of any country , that has the peoples interest at heart, not there rich corporate mates that they take backhanders from to keep them up there ..
I also have a fondness for the philippines president , he is another no nonsense leader..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:47 pm 
Neil wrote:
Topgun wrote:

I lean towards the leaders of any country , that has the peoples interest at heart, not there rich corporate mates that they take backhanders from to keep them up there ..
I also have a fondness for the philippines president , he is another no nonsense leader..

:clap :clap :clap

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:48 pm 
Top of the pops

Neil wrote:
Topgun wrote:

:agree So true about the Philippines President. No nonsense from him at all, and my wife and her many friends from The Philippines agree with you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:11 pm 
Regular

Democracy only works if those eligible to vote respect the majority vote. As far as I am concerned someone who cannot accept another person's opinion or a majority that opposes their particular point of view is no more enlightened or less bigoted than someone who cannot accept the colour of another person's skin.

Incredibly enough the biggest enemy of democracy are "liberals" who cannot accept a majority that does not fit in with their own agenda - and sadly there are lots of them about :roll:

I suspect that most countries will eventually end up with quasi democratic regimes like Russia and China-not because that works best or is even desirable, but because too many people could not see beyond their own personal short term gain or narrow perspective and allowed their right to self determination to be given away for a few quid (or euros) :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:22 pm 
Rock Star

Quote:
So true about the Philippines President. No nonsense from him at all, and my wife and her many friends from The Philippines agree with you.

So you support a 'Shoot on sight' policy Wavy?
Well it's a methodology, principally medievel, not exactly PC, ignoring all sorts of human rights issues, but hey, I suppose needs must if all else fails.

Oh I almost forgot; the good news is it's economical as well (no large lawyer fees), only much cheaper funeral expenses.

I'm searching for the opposite to 'Snowflake', can only think of 'Psycho'.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:32 pm 
Rock Star

Some people have some very strange "Poster Boys"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:17 pm 
Top of the pops

Topgun wrote:
Quote:
So true about the Philippines President. No nonsense from him at all, and my wife and her many friends from The Philippines agree with you.

So you support a 'Shoot on sight' policy Wavy?
Well it's a methodology, principally medievel, not exactly PC, ignoring all sorts of human rights issues, but hey, I suppose needs must if all else fails.

Oh I almost forgot; the good news is it's economical as well (no large lawyer fees), only much cheaper funeral expenses.

I'm searching for the opposite to 'Snowflake', can only think of 'Psycho'.

They have had enough of drugs dealers in The Philipinnes. But then, why not do as the UK are doing, and let it multiply and multiply yet again, whilst being politically correct, and then moaning about the upsurge in drugs use, which in itself multiplies burglaries and violent methods to get money to keep them in drugs!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:33 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
They have had enough of drugs dealers in The Philipinnes.

Yes,clearly WD!

Surely there's a better way to end the situation than 'legalised murder'?

Why not simply transport them to Brussels, the people there seem to know what's right for everyone?

Karma, I'd say!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:04 pm 
Forum Admin

Topgun wrote:
Quote:

Yes,clearly WD!

Surely there's a better way to end the situation than
'legalised murder'?

Why not simply transport them to Brussels, the people there seem to know what's right for everyone?

Karma, I'd say!

seems like a good Idea to me :greetings
these people are already peddeliing death anyway ...
to many do gooders and PC brigade about ,,

it might make people think twice if they thought they were gonna get a bullet in the head,
instead of publicly paid time in rehab , only to come out and do it again..
I say just snuff them out .. saves time and money ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:42 pm 
Neil wrote:
Topgun wrote:
Quote:

Yes,clearly WD!

Surely there's a better way to end the situation than
'legalised murder'?

Karma, I'd say!

seems like a good Idea to me :greetings
these people are already peddeliing death anyway ...
to many do gooders and PC brigade about ,,

it might make people think twice if they thought they were gonna get a bullet in the head,
instead of publicly paid time in rehab , only to come out and do it again..
I say just snuff them out .. saves time and money ..

Well said, the time comes when the people have enough of empty talk from corrupt politicians and back someone who will do something about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:22 pm 
Top of the pops

Attachment:
Boring.gif

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:36 am 
Rock Star

I agree with your sentiments Neil.
Just thought I'd pretend to be a PC Snowflake & see the reaction of others, interestingly it worked a treat! :lol: :smilielol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:21 pm 
Rock Star

Some of you just beggar belief...how many of you have actually handled a weapon, killed,somebody? Put a bullet in a head... And you sit behind your keyboards, fat, dumb and happy whilst innocents are being murdered on the streets...advocating murder? Snowflakes? You are too fuc***g stupid to understand that the major drug users are not being touched by a maniacs policies..but victims of a trade..and you would advocate this on the streets of Cyprus...in your precious Brit bars? Of course it never happens under your noses does it? The odd spliff =a 9mm round in the back of the head...you disgust me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:35 pm 
Forum Admin

Hudswell wrote:
Some of you just beggar belief...how many of you have actually handled a weapon, killed,somebody? Put a bullet in a head... And you sit behind your keyboards, fat, dumb and happy whilst innocents are being murdered on the streets...advocating murder? Snowflakes? You are too fuc***g stupid to understand that the major drug users are not being touched by a maniacs policies..but victims of a trade..and you would advocate this on the streets of Cyprus...in your precious Brit bars? Of course it never happens under your noses does it? The odd spliff =a 9mm round in the back of the head...you disgust me.

To aggresive to forum members and personal insults , you have been suspended :doh

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body