Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:04 pm 
Idol

That's very bad policy and extremely lazy and/or stupid of them..... talk about your life in their hands :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:37 pm 
Top of the pops

Fylde Filly wrote:
That's very bad policy and extremely lazy and/or stupid of them..... talk about your life in their hands :roll:

If email addresses are divulged so carelessly .... How safe are the Medical Records ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:31 am 
Regular

I too received the e mails. However, I telephoned the no on their blurb and spoke to a person named Gary. He assured me that patients will be taken to the General if requested. He informed me he formerly worked for Phoenix and the set up was the same as before. IE . GPS for locating the patient, and medical records to hand on said ambulance. I was reassured by his answers and informed me that their office was now next to MacDonalds on TOK road, and I could pay my subscription there. Still unsure whether to renew my subscription. I would be most interested to hear other members views.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:47 am 
Top of the pops

fashionista wrote:
I too received the e mails. However, I telephoned the no on their blurb and spoke to a person named Gary. He assured me that patients will be taken to the General if requested. He informed me he formerly worked for Phoenix and the set up was the same as before. IE . GPS for locating the patient, and medical records to hand on said ambulance. I was reassured by his answers and informed me that their office was now next to MacDonalds on TOK road, and I could pay my subscription there. Still unsure whether to renew my subscription. I would be most interested to hear other members views.

Hmm. My advice would be to get that in writing first. Then and only then pay the fee's.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:25 am 

I would suggest that all staff currently employed by EVH -Phoenix will only repeat the lines that they are given to by Dr Nestoris, surely they would have to say what they are told or you get sacked for non compliance. if you look at previous posts you will see they will lie to your face, telling you what you want to hear. Gary only joined the old Phoenix after the setup of the new company.

Read between the lines in the last email and statement sent - lots of negativity about Phoenix, I was always told never bad mouth the competition! Tell the truth and people will make their own minds up.

Lots of 'it is our intention to do x, y and z' and Not WE ARE doing!!

Paramedics are recognised and legally allowed to work to the level of skills and qualification that they have in their country of registration, Cyprus has no registry for them at present!.

Trying to introduce the personal name of Mr Leybroun, as he is English no mention of his HCPC registration number as allegedly he is a Paramedic, when did he last practice outside of EVH, what about his professional teaching qualifications?

ILS is NO substitute for ALS in anyway shape or form, it is a first responder level qualification!

EVH say they have Doctor support on call, fantastic if they are in the ambulance, but they are by definition ON CALL! Nurses are not taught pre hospital assessment or trauma skills in their course, hence why the general hospital has provided a training course for the paramedics they use ( I will not debate if 9 months training is the same as a minimum 3 years in the uk, at least they have focused up to date training in an ambulance and not a hospital).

This is not to mention the lack of reported 24/7 cover at all medical centres and what does the creation of a dispatcher position mean in reality - nothing, with the old Phoenix you actually spoke to the crew who were coming to you!.

My suggestion is that people get everything individually in writing as to what will be provided and only pay monthly, if you pay up front and it does not work out I bet you will not get a refund!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:03 pm 
Top of the pops

Effsie wrote:
This is a very slight tangent, but am I not right in thinking that there are now ambulances at Paphos General with paramedics?

I am sure that last time I was at A&E there there were a couple of people wandering round in green emergency outfits with Paramedic written on the back. They were definitely something to do with the hospital as they were Cypriot and checking patients as the department was short staffed.

Yes this is 100% correct. An ambulance took me be to Nicosia General yesterday, lights and occasional siren, 130kph all the way. Did the trip in not much over the hour. There was an experienced and qualified nurse on board. The new state hospital ambulances are fully fitted with every gizmo you can think of.
Don't waste your money on private services.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:42 pm 
Regular

Sorry to hear that you needed one Dave and hope you are feeling better now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:21 pm 
Rock Star

Listening to Sunshine radio today they were still advertising! strange unless the ads were paid for in advance and they have a legal obligation to air them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:23 pm 
Top of the pops

Poppytim wrote:
Sorry to hear that you needed one Dave and hope you are feeling better now.

Thanks for that, I have had about 3 weeks in and out of hospital - mostly in. So pleased I paid social security since I arrived in Cyprus. You need very very deep pockets in the private clinics.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:39 pm 
Top of the pops

Interesting to read about normal state ambulances now being so advanced
Sorry to hear you have been so poorly
get well soon Dave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:16 am 
Idol

Let's face it we all managed before Phoenix/Houston or whoever arrived on the scene. Move on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:14 am 
Idol

stormy wrote:
Let's face it we all managed before Phoenix/Houston or whoever arrived on the scene. Move on.

Only those of us who are still alive!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:20 pm 
Regular

Monday. Having received e mails from the evangelismos. I now have received a text to my mobile from the above. This refers me to www.ambulancecyprus.com/about/. This gives me exactly the same blurb as previous information supplied by Evangelismos hospital.
What we need, before making any decisions is a CONTRACT outlining exactly the service we are being offered. We need confirmation in WRITING that we can go,to the general. Are guests staying in our property covered. I am sure you would agree that none of us would sign up for any form of insurance on here say and without a written contract.
I have telephoned the office on their 26 no requesting. A contract. Until I am satisfied no further payments will be coming from me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 pm 
Top of the pops

stormy wrote:

I quite literally would probably have died!
As the hospital without the medicines that I needed was so far away that I wouldn,t have got there

Luckily, because Phoenix turned up at my door within minutes of the call and treated me on the spot....I am here to tell the tale

We really do need proper ambulance services, either FREE from Paphos General or paid for in the private sector

I am still unconvinced by Evangelismos and am worried and concerned about where to go to

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:24 am 
Top of the pops

Have any of you sceptics actually gone and spoken to the ambulance people at the Evangelismos?

Honestly, you're wasting so much time and energy gassing about what ifs and past history, if you visited them yourselves (make an appointment with the ambulance co-ordinator tel 26848000 main switchboard) if necessary!) and asked them directly you'd have far more time on your hands to enjoy the weather!!!

Just sayin'! :sunny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:28 am 
Top of the pops

OK Dolly, you are soooo correct.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 am 
Idol

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
Have any of you sceptics actually gone and spoken to the ambulance people at the Evangelismos?

Honestly, you're wasting so much time and energy gassing about what ifs and past history, if you visited them yourselves (make an appointment with the ambulance co-ordinator tel 26848000 main switchboard) if necessary!) and asked them directly you'd have far more time on your hands to enjoy the weather!!!

Maybe they would tell you just what you want to hear! I would want it ALL in writing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:18 am 
Idol

Can you not just go along to where the ambulances are operated from and ask to be shown around as well as meeting staff. If they refuse to allow you to enter and ask questions without making a prior appointment, I would walk away and seek alternative arrangements....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:44 pm 
Top of the pops

Old Twister wrote:
DollyDaydream1 wrote:

Maybe they would tell you just what you want to hear! I would want it ALL in writing.

In which case when you go and see them to have your questions answered YOU ASK to have it all in writing unless you will not be using them! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:30 pm 
Fylde Filly wrote:
Can you not just go along to where the ambulances are operated from and ask to be shown around as well as meeting staff. If they refuse to allow you to enter and ask questions without making a prior appointment, I would walk away and seek alternative arrangements....

I dont think its a good Idea just to turn up and have look around,.. If I needed their service's I would be a bit pd off if they wasted time ushering you out of the building, so they could hit the road.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:09 pm 
Idol

COYS, Are you trying to tell me they only have one ambulance and only a crew for that single vehicle?

Personally, my thoughts would be if they're not prepared to be open and show you exactly what their service offers then you stay away from it. There should be absolutely nothing to hide when it comes to saving lives....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:10 am 
Fylde Filly wrote:
COYS, Are you trying to tell me they only have one ambulance and only a crew for that single vehicle?

Personally, my thoughts would be if they're not prepared to be open and show you exactly what their service offers then you stay away from it. There should be absolutely nothing to hide when it comes to saving lives....

Im not trying to tell you anything, I havent got a clue nor have you.... do you ask to have a look around the local fire station before calling them out? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:00 am 
Top of the pops

COYS wrote:
Fylde Filly wrote:

Im not trying to tell you anything, I havent got a clue nor have you.... do you ask to have a look around the local fire station before calling them out? :roll:

The fire service and rescue have not been bought out by a private profit making establishment .......I also would go and inspect ask questions, however I am not a member and never will be. :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:42 am 
Idol

Shania,
EXACTLY!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body