Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Window shutters needed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:57 pm 

Does anyone have a recommendation on local provider/installer of window shutters in the paphos area at a competitive price?!
Many thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:15 pm 
Rock Star

Can't you shut the windows yourself? Just kidding.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:46 am 
Top of the pops

If you are talking about aluminium shutters then you need to shop around for the best price. They do however tend to be pretty similar as they all use the same aluminium factor to supply their materials.

The small workshop in Lemba on the left between Papantoniou, Chlorakas and Kissonerga did a nice job for me when I needed a single shutter recently. The price was fair, but not quite as cheap as my usual supplier, who had proved unreliable and didn't seem to want the job, despite promises to attend and take measurements on several occasions. Better someone you can rely on than saving a few euros.

Bear in mind, when choosing colours other than white that whatever you choose is visible from inside and you will have them shut most of the time to keep out the sun, so will tend to clash with furnishings, and fashionable colours tend to quickly become unfashionable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:59 pm 

I think KG means, Tony of Lemba Glass (I think it is called.) - Phone No. 99542099 or 99699707, Next to the Church in Lemba. Last year we had white aluminium shutters fitted to 2 large patio doors. A patio door fitted to the side as the old door had dropped and the whole panel was really tatty, shutters to that as well. Shutters to 2 bedrooms and 1 other small window. We got 2 other quotes before his and as we had used him before and he was really good, we decided were going to use him as long as he wasn't much more expensive. He was actually the cheapest, even using the newer profile and security locks on the doors. He did a nice job, even phoned to say that he would be late on the install day as it was bucketing down. He arrived 20 minutes after it stopped raining. Our neighbours then used him and they were really pleased. Nice guy, small family firm, set up by his dad, that always seems busy. We had one issue with a lock and he turned up the next morning and replaced it. He was also the only one that said our front patio windows were much bigger than average, particularly height and he would prefer to put a wider and heavier post for the hinges in and use 4 instead of 5 doors, as one side might be too heavy and drop. When he said this I was a bit sceptical on how it would look. he showed us the materials he wanted to change from the standard and they were much heavier. Once he installed it the heavier side pillars aren't noticeable, even though we know they are there. We are very pleased with all aspects of the job.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:37 pm 
Top of the pops

Yes - that's the guy. I couldn't find his number when I posted earlier. I can also confirm that when he makes a suggestion, it is for sensible reasons and not to screw a few extra euros out of you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:24 pm 

Thanks so much for the advice everyone (and the joke! :) ). Seems like Tony in Lemba is a good lead - many thanks for the telephone number which makes it easier!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body